Hi all. I'm new to this forum, I'll try not to mess this up. I have an 8700c (a freebie). It had no battery or SIM card. I borrowed the battery out of my curve (8330) to see if it had any life in it, it does! It came right on, no waiting. However, when I plug in the Curve's charger, it kicks off in about 5 seconds. Thought the battery was wrong for it, so I got an extended battery and door for it. Same problem, after 5 seconds, charge icon goes off. It may be worthy of note, the charger is an igoeverywhere charger with the A53 tip, and works well on the Curve. Any thoughts? I'm tapped. Also, I would like to add it to my Sprint account, possibly with a dual SIM for 2 phone numbers. I'm way out of my depth here and would greatly appreciate any thoughts. My Sprint acccount is the family plan w/ unlimited data. Thanks in advance for your help. Rippedvanwinkle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 09:33 PM
    Hi all. I'm new to this forum, I'll try not to mess this up. I have an 8700c (a freebie). It had no battery or SIM card. I borrowed the battery out of my curve (8330) to see if it had any life in it, it does! It came right on, no waiting. However, when I plug in the Curve's charger, it kicks off in about 5 seconds. Thought the battery was wrong for it, so I got an extended battery and door for it. Same problem, after 5 seconds, charge icon goes off. It may be worthy of note, the charger is an igoeverywhere charger with the A53 tip, and works well on the Curve. Any thoughts? I'm tapped. Also, I would like to add it to my Sprint account, possibly with a dual SIM for 2 phone numbers. I'm way out of my depth here and would greatly appreciate any thoughts. My Sprint acccount is the family plan w/ unlimited data. Thanks in advance for your help. Rippedvanwinkle

Are you sure the 8700c is work well before?

08-22-09 10:05 AM
    To my knowlege, this 8700c was in service until recently retired, due to company upgrades. Its SIM card was removed, the rest was pretty well cleaned out. I just found out that the original type battery charges from my laptop, but not the extended battery. I had thought mabe with the SIM card gone, might have affected it in some way, but I'm not entirely sure. rippedvanwinkle

08-24-09 03:27 AM
    It should caused by the USB cable not fit for your 8700c. try to borrow one 71xx/87xx Series USB cable(a charger is better) to charge on your computer, it will work.
    09-03-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD