01-12-10 02:08 PM
52 123
tools
    02-23-09 11:14 AM
    I have used the otterbox and the version from Seidio and I agree with msptropper's comments. The otterbox is an extreme level of protection - i mean all of the ports, keys, microphones, pretty much everything but the trackball is covered. The problem is the echo. My phone does not echo untitl it is in the otterbox case. Reducing the volume down to 50% does solve my echo problem, but it is a hassle. I may be wrong, but i don't think a software update is going to fix this problem. I received the Seidio Innocase last week and I really like it so far. Not as bulky as the otterbox and it does not have the full enclosure that the otterbox has, but it does not echo - even with the volume at 100%. I have decided to sacrifice a little bit of protection and actually be able to carry on a conversation. My 2 cents.
    02-23-09 11:25 AM
    what colors would you like to see us to produce besides the black color that is available now ?

Our typical colors are black, burgundy, blue, pink and grey.

Thanks
    WOW! Talk about great customer service! Thanks for the reply! I would really like it if you came out with PINK it would great. My Fiance is Pestering me repeadedly. For the love of everything good.....HELP! I figure it would cover males and females pretty well with Pink and Black. I keep telling her I don't work for Seido....
    Oh, and could you throw in a car cradle/charger, too! Kidding (kind of). Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 03:15 PM
    Double post.
    Last edited by 8ballcrv; 02-23-09 at 03:19 PM.
    02-23-09 03:16 PM
    Well, got my Otterbox in last week and tried it out,, love the case but people say I sound muffled when I talk, no one mentioned an echo but who knows. Has anyone else had this issue with the otterbox?

Can anyone recommend a good case or pouch?

Thanks in advance
    02-24-09 05:07 PM
    Absolutely.

Please see post #11 on page 1 of this topic.
    02-25-09 12:34 AM
    I just ordered the Seidio Innacase, belt clip, and screen protector. Can't wait to get it....esp. because I managed to misplace my other clip somewhere around my couch area. Either that or it ran away. If anyone see's it wandering the streets and back allies....tell it I'm sorry, and I need it in my life!
    02-25-09 01:42 AM
    I love my otter box it makes the phone almost industructable and I need that.

David
    02-25-09 05:54 AM
    I love my otter box it makes the phone almost industructable and I need that.

David
    I also like the otterbox except for that problem.
    02-25-09 06:09 AM
    I am an excavating contractor and in dirt and dust as well as fix my equipment and the Outterbox is the only way my BB can last. I bought the 850i last month and was afraid to take it to work. The Outterbox is one neat, strong,tuff solution. The buttons and screen are all protected and still work with my fingers with no problem
    02-25-09 04:10 PM
    I've got the Otterbox for mine and it works and looks great. Kinda hard to get the clip off of my belt sometimes but sure saves on battery life.
    02-25-09 05:32 PM
    Wireless accessories-Product code CPCBB8350ITX07

These are only 10 bucks and stronger than the rubber ones. The only bad thing is that once it is on, it is hard to get it off.
    02-28-09 03:05 PM
    ok, so i dont really need all the protection because im an accountant but, I DO have a 2yr old daughter that loves using my phone, I know my BB is not a toy but sometimes is hard for me to keep it in a safe place so I decided to go with the otterbox, can anyone tell me where to get it the cheapest? I see some people only paid 36 including the shipping but, i cant seem to find it!
    Please post the link where you found it!
    thanks and Long live CrackBerry!
    Last edited by tagg32; 02-28-09 at 04:55 PM.
    02-28-09 03:58 PM
    Saw the video look nice only question is "i hop you dont have to take out the battery"
    02-28-09 07:03 PM
    Hands down "OTTERBOX" as soon as they fix the echo issue you will never go back.
    02-28-09 07:35 PM
    Hands down "OTTERBOX" as soon as they fix the echo issue you will never go back.
    I must agree with you except for the muffled sound that I have with mine.
    02-28-09 07:37 PM
    Anyone have any problems or comments about the rubber skins that are available in the CB store? I am neither an excevator or a contractor, but my phone still manages to get a bit scuffed from throwing it in my gym bag during my master swim sessions. Not really caring too much for the Otterbox after seeing all the problems with the echo and the muffled sound, but just need something to keep the back from getting all scuffed up.
    03-02-09 10:00 AM
    Do not get any of the rubber cases because they cause an echo. I was thinking of getting a Otter Box but I wasnt sure if it would echo.
    so is that why mine echos? i have the 8350i case that i got at the sprint store and all this time i was thinkink my phone was messed up
    03-07-09 10:39 AM
    I just got my seidio case the one that splits in half and I love it, it looks great and dosent add any bulk to it really at all. Its a great product and would recommend it to anyone.

03-07-09 01:18 PM
    The problem with my otterbox as far as I can tell is not the rubber case its the plastic cover which will vibrate if the volume is up too high and distort the sound going into the mic. It also happens if you speak loudly or if you happen to have a particular tone (ie low pitch voice) Let me know if anyone has gotten around this, my best suggestion is getting the plastic as tight as possible.

Also it is harder for people to hear me through the case so I've made the hole bigger and it works better now,.

- John
    06-30-09 01:57 PM
    I bought a carbon fiber 2 piece case for mine with the mirror screen protector for about $10 without shipping from ebay. Works great considering I have already dropped it twice. UGH!
    06-30-09 04:03 PM
    I also bought from amazon a magnetic leather case with car charger, house charger, and antenna booster for $12 with shipping. Everything works great. The booster will give you an extra bar and the leather pouch is good with the magnet and I dont have to keep my phone in my pocket.
    06-30-09 04:07 PM
    I was looking around for cases for the 8350i over the holiday weekend and found that most Curve cases will NOT fit the 8350i as it is slightly larger in size.

I just bought this clip on ebay for $6.95 with free shipping and is pretty much what I need

12-28-09 09:37 AM
    Is that one better than the OEM case then?
    12-29-09 09:39 PM
    I have bought the Otterbox Defender and have not regretted it. Yes it adds some bulk to the already big 8350i but the protection it provides is well worth it. I have already intentionally dropped it from approx. 4 feet withnary a problem. No issues with audio quality and tx/rx. Shop around the net and you can get one for less than $30 with the holster. (Not on ebay either).

12-30-09 02:38 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD