Hey fellow BB addicts...
    In light of recent events, I will certainly give in to the fact that I am probably a nooooob...

I feel like I have ordered a hundred things off amazon, etc. meant to fit/work with the 8330 curve, and nothing has worked! Ex: multiple skins and hard cases that claim to be compatible with multiple versions of the curve, including mine (vzw 8330)

One hard case of mine (a zebra one that i was particularly fond of) broke and wouldve scratched my BB had i not had it covered with invisible shield...

What do we do about figuring out which accessories/programs/etc. REALLY DO work with our new 8330s?

I know VZW's curve just came out-could it possibly be THAT different from other 8330s that somehow the VZW version forfeits all guarantees of items to fit '8330's???

*sniffle*
    i guess we can't believe everything we read?
    05-21-08 05:30 AM
    I don't aim to flood, but the VZW 8330 looks very similar to the AT&T 8310... I have the red one I think it's just damn shnazzy :P so I just use a screen protector and what not... however I'm not sure if the cases for the 8310 will fit or not... like I stated above they seem Identicle, probably just a software difference (i.e. carrier info). perhaps you can find somewhere around like a wireless toys that will let to try on a few skins that way you can reference the model numbers and see which cases actually fit?

Speaking of which... now I want to get a case.. O.o, subliminal messaging?
    05-21-08 05:47 AM
    Same problem here I thought the 8330 was the same body as other curves just software and branding diff. But the hard case I bought and like doesn't quite fit comety right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 07:03 AM
    The CDMA 8330's have a slightly different body style then other curves. Seidio has recently released CDMA 8330 specific cases, go check them out.

Our screens are a little taller and the LED placement is different.
    05-21-08 12:26 PM
    arg that is the brand and the case i got! and like!!! it just doesnt fit, now they have it specifically for my curve. i just got it in the mail yesterday, i wonder if they would exchange it for me.
    05-21-08 03:33 PM
    arg that is the brand and the case i got! and like!!! it just doesnt fit, now they have it specifically for my curve. i just got it in the mail yesterday, i wonder if they would exchange it for me.
    Yes, they will. Just send them a note and all should be good. I've had great luck with them.
    05-21-08 03:38 PM
    what happened is all the accessory companies ASSumed that the 8330 would be compatible with all other Curve cases. That's it. Now that they are finding out that there is a slight size difference (& LED is in different place), they will have to go & manufacture new ones. I would simply ask them, was this made for the 8330 or for all other Curves. If you see a site which groups ALL Curve cases in one, then I'd say it won't work.
    05-21-08 06:42 PM
    My 8310 case does work with my new vzw curve.....even the screen protector doesn't fit properly. I'm pissed son! Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 09:13 PM
    Yes, they will. Just send them a note and all should be good. I've had great luck with them.
    thanks my packing slip and receipt were both at home and i was at work, so im bringing it to work tomorrow and calling them. i may actually get 2 cases in 2 different colors if i can return this one so it should work out for them I LOVE MY CURVE. im sorry, ive been waiting for verizon to get it for a year and im so HAPPy! i even paid full price myself because its a work account and they wouldnt get me one! blah to them.
    05-21-08 09:22 PM
    If you look qt the 2 devices next to each other, you can see the very small differences, mainly in the screen/led placement. Also, notice that the 8330 is bigger.LOL

The last part was a poor attempt at humor.

05-21-08 09:25 PM
    I got my Curve from VZW but all the had was junk for cases. Went to the ATT store and bought a case and it fits fine. Also it puts the Curve into sleep mode. I don't care about the led being covered, since I'm looking at often anyway.
    05-26-08 05:19 PM
    We have a full lineup of accessories specifically for the Blackberry 8330.

- Blackberry 8330

Thanks,
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 05-27-08 at 08:55 PM.
    05-26-08 10:11 PM
    If you look qt the 2 devices next to each other, you can see the very small differences, mainly in the screen/led placement. Also, notice that the 8330 is bigger.LOL

The last part was a poor attempt at humor. Good one too!

The was the best "attempt" at humor I have seen in a forum in a long time......LMAO! Very Funny.
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 07-10-09 at 10:49 PM.
    07-05-08 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD