Ok, I just got a new curve 8330 (Sprint) and I've been looking into skins that I can purchase to protect the casing. I tried out the OEM skin from blackberry and it was good, but just didn't do it for me. I mean, it'll get the job done, but I'm pretty picky (more below). I'm currently using the sleeve that was provided with the phone, but would love to find out if there is another skin out there other than the blackberry OEM one.

A couple things I didn't particularly like about the blackberry skin:

1. I didn't feel it was tight enough. I know plenty of reviews have stated that it was a "perfect" or "snug" fit, but I almost want it to be a chore to put the phone in and know that the skin is really wrapped around that sucker. I actually went to BB and tried on a few others in the store to see if it was just the one I purchased, but all of them were like that.

2. The cutout for the LED was meant for another 83xx. This is very minor (all of this is really), but it bugs me. The cutout sits higher than the LED on the 8330. It's almost like they could've done away with the slit for the 8330's since the LED sits much lower. I know, this is cost prohibitive for bberry, most consumers could care less, blah blah blah. I'm not most consumers.

So, having said all that, I'm ok with sticking with the sleeve until that first drop and the battle wounds start to show (then I'll probably ditch the sleeve and go naked), but just seeing if any of you guys out there had experience with a similarly slim skin that satisfied the above.

Thanks for reading, if any of you still are!
    09-12-08 10:57 AM
    I've heard good thing about Best Skins Ever. It's basically plastic that goes over your phone... you are barely supposed to be able to tell it's even on there. I don't know if that interests you at all, but you could check it out.

Their site is actually under some maintenance right now, but maybe in a hour or two you can check it out.
    09-12-08 11:04 AM
    The litte LED cut out bothers me as well. Other than that, I really like the OEM skins

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 11:05 AM
    Ditto on the LED cutout. That would drive me nuts.
    09-12-08 06:53 PM
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one that was bothered by the cut out! I switched to a new curve a few days ago and when I went to buy a new skin, it just didn't look right. I'm still going to keep it though, but if they ever make one without the cut out i'm gettin it!
    09-12-08 11:42 PM
    The cut out sucks because I have had the skin on my phone since I bought it and because of the cut out there is a scratch where the red paint is now coming off. If only that was covered up! And I didn't drop it so I don't know why the paint is getting scratched.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD