So I just received my otterbox that I ordered from crackberry. On the webpage it said it was for the 8330. Now that I have it installed, I see that the led hole does not totally line up properly, and the hole for the speaker does not line up with the mesh on the membrane properly. Anyone else have this issue????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 09:06 AM
    Well I mentioned this in another thread and also still waiting to hear back from Kevin. http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/cra...ibility-34282/

I also want to get a Otter Box but with people reporting troubles with fit. It bothers me that they are saying it is for the 8330.. IT IS NOT.... This needs to be addressed ASAP.
    07-09-08 09:08 AM
    Even the actual box it came with said 8300. Why are they mislabled on crackberry??

07-09-08 09:14 AM
    I actually just realized I can't get the plastic piece totally snapped together either. I can get it to work, but not totally (and securely) connected

07-09-08 09:15 AM
    I agree that the LED only shows about half of the light but everything else fit's pretty good. I didn't like the distortion on my camera so I cut that section of the membrane away.

Cheers,

Terry Bryant

So I just received my otter box that I ordered from crackberry. On the webpage it said it was for the 8330. Now that I have it installed, I see that the led hole does not totally line up properly, and the hole for the speaker does not line up with the mesh on the membrane properly. Anyone else have this issue????

07-09-08 09:20 AM
    that is cause the 8330 is slightly thicker.

I think the Otter box site as well shows it for the 8330.... grrr..... this bugs me.
    07-09-08 09:20 AM
    Contact OtterBox customer service. They are very good about getting back to you fast. I emailed them some time ago about this issue because I don't want to buy an OtterBox case for my new curve if it doesn't fit.

I was told that the newly re-fitted cases were already being produced and that if I got a case that didn't fit all I had to do was contact them and arrange to exchange them. Their website sales dept already has the updated cases. The various resellers however do not.

I take them for their word on this since I have dealt with their customer service dept. before and they fixed my issue with my holster by shipping me a new one with no questions asked within 15 min of me contacting them.
    07-09-08 09:39 AM
    Well since I ordered from crackberry, instead of otterbox, wouldn't I have to deal with them instead?

07-09-08 09:45 AM
    Negative, it's still a Otter Box product.... They should cover you...
    07-09-08 09:47 AM
    Were you able to get the case snapped together??

I agree that the LED only shows about half of the light but everything else fit's pretty good. I didn't like the distortion on my camera so I cut that section of the membrane away.

Cheers,

Terry Bryant

07-09-08 09:47 AM
    Well since I ordered from crackberry, instead of otterbox, wouldn't I have to deal with them instead?

No, just email OtterBox customer service. They are very courteous and personable. It is their problem to deal with since it is technically a warranty issue. They should have your problem on the way to being solved by the end of the day.
    07-09-08 10:07 AM
    Let's hope so. I just emailed them.

07-09-08 10:21 AM
    Otterbox is sending a new one to me free of charge. I just have to send this one back to them. Great customer service!!!!

07-09-08 12:14 PM
    Sorry to hear about the woes. They'll take care of you. I guess I lucked out. Mine fits like a glove and matches the LED pretty well. Post up once you get it.
    07-09-08 02:49 PM
    When did you order it. I ordered one on line and it is in transit. I hope it fits

07-12-08 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD