Help ~ I just purchased a curve 8330 holster WITHOUT the magnet....I did not like the phone going to sleep when in the standard holster.

I'm noticing after one day that the CAPS lock keeps coming on....then the phone turned OFF while just sitting in my car.....

Is there an issue with the NON MAGNET holster ????

Am I stuck purchasing the magnetized one to get the correct usage from my phone ???

Any help would be appreciated...

CC
    Irvine, CA
    08-12-08 10:09 AM
    Well, if the phone doesn't "go to sleep", then it leaves it vulnerable to buttons being pressed when its in your pocket/purse. You can manually put it to sleep using the mute button at the top left of the phone - press it for a couple seconds and the phone will go on standby.

Otherwise, you'll end up with buttons being pressed all the time, which wastes battery power and sometimes annoys strangers (if you accidently call someone from inside your purse.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 10:16 AM
    Lock your keyboard before putting it in the case.....

Then you won't get random button presses that cause these kinds of problems.

Incidentally........why do you not want your phone to go into sleep mode?

It doesn't keep you from receiving calls, emails, txt msgs, etc.... It just saves battery power. What's the big deal?
    08-12-08 01:21 PM
    Sheena.lee! thanks for the info. i have had my curve for almost a year and wondered what the mute button is for. no more accidentally calling the speed dial p when the phone is in my purse without the case!
    08-19-08 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD