i have the 8330 and am looking for a drop in cradle that will let me charge and sync with a case on (Seidio).

does anyone know if there is one out there? Seidio has one that the bb will fit with it's case on, but in will only charge, but sync.

any info/help/advice would be appreciated.
    08-28-09 09:47 PM
    I've been looking for a similar setup myself for a couple of weeks, with no luck.
    The "drop in" charging dock uses the contacts on the rear door to charge your 8330. These contacts are covered up by hard cases.
    These contacts are of no use to your PC, they do not transfer data. You would still need to plug in the USB or use BT to sync.

I also have not been able to locate a similar charging dock of sufficient size to accommodate a 8330 with a case on it, let alone one with contacts in the right place for charging.
    08-28-09 11:40 PM
    yeah, i think i will just get the "drop in" charger from Seidio...it is supposed to be able to make contact even with the seidio case on.
    09-01-09 09:56 PM
    The drop-in chargers will all charge through the bottom contacts. All synching can only be done through the USB or Bluetooth. None of the drop-ins can charge and sync without also plugging in the USB unless you can use Bluetooth.
    09-02-09 12:19 PM
    You can't transfer data through the charging contacts, so I don't even understand how you can expect a charging cradle to both charge and sync?
    09-02-09 01:41 PM
    I sync with bluetooth and charge in cradle
    09-02-09 01:51 PM
    I sync with bluetooth and charge in cradle
    That's how I do it too.
    09-02-09 04:29 PM