07-29-07 12:04 AM
64 123
tools
    Thanks for the Seidio update!

seidio guys replied to my email regarding curve cases
    this is what the guy said

so we just have to wait
    06-06-07 04:47 PM
    for my curve, i use the OEM skin (blackberry accessories) with an 8700 oem t-mobile leather holster.

the little excess dimensions the skin has is made up with the 8700's holster. slides in and out with ease!
    06-07-07 09:29 AM
    for those of up waiting for Seidio cases for 8300, this is what they have on their page regarding them:

Seidio will release quite a few new accessories for BlackBerry 8300 soon. The release will start with swivel lock rubberized holster, standard and extended batteries, crystal case, rubberized case and more. If you would like to get on the list to be notified when any of the new accessories is release, please send an email to BB8300@seidio.com for BlackBerry 8300.
    guess they got tired of me emailing them

so ... are you on the list?
    Last edited by schizo; 06-14-07 at 12:30 AM.
    06-14-07 12:27 AM
    I didn't get a case with my curve either so I order a case for it. It the BlackBerry 8300 Curve Vinyl Pocket - Original (OEM)
    06-15-07 10:04 PM
    I just started using a horizontal case with my old phone. Now that I have a berry I want to find one similar. I want one that will stay on my hip and that I can just unsnap. It has to be slimline. Haven't been able to find one yet. Anyone else looking for the same thing? We could help each other out

I just ordered some sticky invisible skins for it. I'll post a review when I get them.

How strong does the magnet have to be to engage the sleep mode?
    06-15-07 10:17 PM
    Not too strong, DLink...
    06-15-07 10:20 PM
    Sorry for the newbish question that is impossible to answer :P
    06-15-07 10:33 PM
    i cut out an extra sheet of screen protector for a pda, then re-used the holster from my 7100 and it works out great...
    the harder part protects the keys while the elastic held it in without much fuss
    i also know that the holster for the t-mobile dash will work too..
    06-16-07 12:03 AM
    cu duo, have you got any photos you can post? Would be great to see...
    06-16-07 08:49 AM
    Hey guys, I got a really nice leather case which my Curve slides in and out of nicely (although it is snug at first) from Blackberry Den - Blackberry Accessories Fitting Device, Budget & Lifestyle, check out the case in 3 varieties. Blackberry 8300/8800 Accessories - Beyza Premium Leather Pouch Case

In my opinion one of the nicer ones. Hope that helps! Shipped in about 5 days for me. Let me know if any of you decide to purchase.
    06-16-07 11:07 PM
    I've purchased lots of stuff from this site as well:
    eSHOPlimited.com - Your one place to buy authentic BRAND NEW OEM accessories
    I ordered this item from them
    Leather Holster with Belt Clip + Skin Combo Pack
    $19.99

just a warning, it's not really a leather holster. the only part that is leather is the clip, that's wrapped in leather. the rest of it is another material. i want to say texturized microfiber.

other than that, it's still a very nice case, and i really like the skin, it isn't the sticky, everything lint and dust stick to it material.
    06-16-07 11:18 PM
    i sent eshoplimited.com an email suggesting they change the title of the product so that it doesn't mislead customers into thinking that it is a leather holster and they responded very quickly (within 10 mins) and offered to replace my holster with a different one (if i want to return my current one.)

i don't plan on returning my holster, but i commend them on excellent customer service!

this is definitely a place i will purchase from again.
    06-16-07 11:25 PM
    This is basically exactly what I am looking for... think it will work with the curve?

Mobileplanet
    Last edited by navilyn; 06-17-07 at 06:05 AM. Reason: ...link added!
    06-17-07 05:34 AM
    I cant say too much at the moment but there will be a selection of quality cases coming to the market. The manufacturer are currently making cases but with finishing touches just weeks away....once available i will post a link!

06-17-07 03:42 PM
    For those wondering if an oem BB Curve skin will be ok with the oem BB Curve holster...the answer is YES. I love the oem BB Curve holster case, but I needed some extra protection for when I take it out and get into my car (and find it uncomfortable to keep my Curve in the holster when driving).

So, I purchased an oem BB Curve skin (black) from Amazon.com ($8.44 + $5.95 shipping = $14.39 from MobileCityOnline.com) and not only does it fit perfectly, but it also still slides in/out without a problem. I was concerned that the skin might prevent it from sliding in/out of the oem holster case, but it doesn't. Pulling my BB out of its case isn't quite as fast, but it still works well enough.

Now, when I get into my car, I simply take my BB Curve out of the holster case and lay it in my ash tray (which is filled with change...don't smoke ) and I'm not worried about it getting scratched or sliding around. Plus, with the skin, it's much easier to hold onto; I found the BB Curve so slick (without the skin) that I always felt like I might drop it. With the skin, I don't feel like my BB Curve will slip out of my hands.

Just thought I'd let everyone know since there may be other folks who are thinking about a skin for their BB Curve.
    Last edited by sflgator; 06-22-07 at 12:46 PM.
    06-22-07 12:43 PM
    The skins that they sell cover the screen as well correct? And have openings for the buttons and trackball? BTW anyone for a case I'd like to re-iterate the case I got from Blackberryden.com is fantastic and I'll post one last link for anyone still looking, Blackberry 8800/8300 Accessories - Beyza Premium Leather Pouch Case (Black, Tan, Croco Black)
    06-22-07 04:25 PM
    I ordered this item from them
    Leather Holster with Belt Clip + Skin Combo Pack
    $19.99

just a warning, it's not really a leather holster. the only part that is leather is the clip, that's wrapped in leather. the rest of it is another material. i want to say texturized microfiber.

other than that, it's still a very nice case, and i really like the skin, it isn't the sticky, everything lint and dust stick to it material.
    Actually it is Leather (except the nylon part), confirmed this with RIM itself. The holster is just not designed like the usual "all" leather look because of its construction. They needed to have a good support for the clip since it requires the user to slip the clip by forcing it down into ones belt and swivelling it requires force because it is pretty sturdy. Yes it does swivel.

You can read a review of one skeptic happy customer below or on here

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    I feel it necessary, in light of my post above where I sounded very negative about the product (8300 case and skin) that I bought, to post again and give my "review" after over a week of solid use...because my feelings have changed.

Although I have discovered, after extensive use, that I still prefer the feel of the phone without the covering of the rubberized OEM "skin"...I have come to like the leather belt-clip case as much as, if not better than the OEM leather case that is more popular (similar to the one in the 8800 boxes from Cingular).
    I have found that the belt clip is amazingly strong, and cannot be jostled loose by minor bumps and bangs that come up in my routine day. I also like the way it sits higher on the waist than the other case, and stays solidly put in the vertical position by virtue of not having a swivel clip. I do use both cases pretty much equally now...but the eShop OEM case is a little more casual and feels a lot more at home on my jeans and weekend attire.

In my mind, the case alone is worth the price I paid for the set. Thanks, chinesecat!!
    06-23-07 03:29 AM
    Actually it is Leather (except the nylon part), confirmed this with RIM itself. The holster is just not designed like the usual "all" leather look because of its construction. They needed to have a good support for the clip since it requires the user to slip the clip by forcing it down into ones belt and swivelling it requires force because it is pretty sturdy. Yes it does swivel.

You can read a review of one skeptic happy customer below or on
    Here is the message that has just been posted:
    I feel it necessary, in light of my post above where I sounded very negative about the product (8300 case and skin) that I bought, to post again and give my "review" after over a week of solid use...because my feelings have changed.

Although I have discovered, after extensive use, that I still prefer the feel of the phone without the covering of the rubberized OEM "skin"...I have come to like the leather belt-clip case as much as, if not better than the OEM leather case that is more popular (similar to the one in the 8800 boxes from Cingular).
    I have found that the belt clip is amazingly strong, and cannot be jostled loose by minor bumps and bangs that come up in my routine day. I also like the way it sits higher on the waist than the other case, and stays solidly put in the vertical position by virtue of not having a swivel clip. I do use both cases pretty much equally now...but the eShop OEM case is a little more casual and feels a lot more at home on my jeans and weekend attire.

In my mind, the case alone is worth the price I paid for the set. Thanks, chinesecat!!
    I had pretty much accepted that it's not a leather holster, and I'm keeping it cause I like it.

It sounds like RIM is saying that it's leather underneath? cause they need it for support? i'm confused. why would they then cover the leather with other material?
    06-23-07 06:58 PM
    I took some pics so people can see what i mean by it not being leather. and that only the clip is leather.

I lifted the center strip of material, and you can see on the underside, it's definitely not leather.

the trim isn't leather, and the material between the trim and the center strip isn't leather, that's kind of like the material you find on lugguage. in fact, none of the front view has any leather, in my opinion.

here is the only place i see any leather, that's the clip in the back. that's covered in leather.

chinesecatt: have you seen and touched this item? cause i really don't believe RIM has the correct information. it's hardly a leather holster if the clip is the only thing covered in leather.
    06-23-07 07:02 PM
    does it fit O.K ?? or does it "wabble" in the 8800's case?
    sorry for the slow response, i didn't even see this post till today. it does kind of wobble, but i just wanted to protect it in my purse, i have keys and other items in there along with my bb. i took some pics to show you the comparison of the 8800 leather case and the skin and holster combo. i really like the skin.

the first is 8300 in the 8800 case, i gave the case back to my husband when i got the combo set.

06-23-07 07:09 PM
    more pics

06-23-07 07:09 PM
    I got the skins from eshop...4 pack - black, white, green and orange..nice product good shipping...apart from a now resolved international shipping issue....great and recommended.

Also bought some screen protectors from ebay 'dursec' i think not great, seem to curl at the edges so mustn't fit very well...any recommendations for better screen protectors?
    06-25-07 01:23 PM
    Just got the BB OEM belt clip case (like on the 8800 left in the pics above) and the black rubber OEM bumper/skin (like on the Curve right in the pics above). I must say they work very nicely together. I'm waiting for Krusell to make a custom-fit case with Multi-dapt for the Curve, but for now I'm very happy with the OEM case. I also think the leather folding desk stand is pretty nifty, especially for only $15.
    06-27-07 09:36 AM
    Seidioonline has the 8300 holster in stock. It's an awesome holster...works well..heavy duty plastic
    06-27-07 12:48 PM
    I also use a skin plus the black holster case that I bought from AT&T. Works great. By the way, not exactly case related but I also bought the BT-350 GPS brick and now I plug in the coordinates, clip my holster case onto my visor and I get voice prompts for all of my turns. Don't throw away your Garmins yet but since I didn't have a GPS in my Porsche this works fairly well. It's also much less intrusive than a bigger GPS. It was frustrating the day the satellite went down but other than that I like it.
    06-27-07 05:37 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD