Has anyone found out yet (the hard way) about the Curve's case durability? It seems a bit vulnerable to me for scratches on the back because of it's design does not have BB's usual protruding edges to rest on the desk (e.g. 8700 case design). I would think the battery cover would get scratched easily....though I'm sure a replacement wouldn't be that expensive. It was just a thought.

LarryMcJ
    07-20-07 09:49 AM
    I think squeak wise and scratch resistent its not too bad. My only gripe is the fact that the Curve is flaking badly on the top by the mute button....

Of course this could be preserved by a Seidio Case or similar....but they dont seem to be giving freebies out....
    07-20-07 10:22 AM
    Is the flaking on the silver plastic part or the rubberized coating surrounding the Mute button. Really, with the materials with which they make phones today...neither should be flaking. I'd certainly return it for a replacement. Anyone else having this problem?

LarryMcJ
    07-20-07 11:13 AM
    Its the rubber and it is a flaw.....but i use it so much the worn rubner is now smooth....
    07-20-07 04:38 PM
    That really concerns me...but I guess it may not affect me as I rarely press the MUTE button. I just put it back into the leather case and it mutes.

LarryMCJ
    07-20-07 04:41 PM
    I use a rubber skin on mine and don't have any problems.
    07-20-07 05:00 PM
    I also use a rubber OEM skin on mine. No problems at all.
    07-20-07 07:19 PM
    My curve is flaking near the mute button also. But I know that it is because I use the UNskinned Seidio holster. the top of the holster clip is the cause for the flaking. The skinned version was not available the last time I checked. My curve has been taking a beating its no longer pretty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-07 08:23 PM
    Does anyone know if the Curve will fit into the OEM swivel leather case if the OEM skin is also used? I have the leather case and it appears that it might work.

LarryMcJ
    07-21-07 05:42 AM
    I think it will be a tight fit like that. I use the skin and the OEM leather case for the 8800. It fots very easily into that.
    07-21-07 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD