Can anybody shed any light on whether cases for 8100 models will fit the 8130? The reason is that on most sites including the accessories site here at CrackBerry.com, there are very few options for the 8130 but plenty for the 8100. I checked on the RIM site and it seems there are some minor differences in the dimensions of the 8100 and 8130 but are the locations of any of the "ports" (buttons, camera lens, etc.) different?
    12-28-07 05:19 PM
    I believe the camera, etc., are different on the back. (The original 8100 didn't have a speaker port, either, if I remember correctly.) New holsters for the 8130 are supposed to be available in early January. That's what I'm waiting on.
    12-28-07 05:31 PM
    The 8130 and the 8120 skins are the same but would not work with the 8100. As for the Leather Holster with Belt Clip, the 8130 and the 8120 Leather Holster with Belt Clip is the same as the 8100 Leather holster only that the sleeper function is updated. But they work on all 3 models.

The Leather Holsters now come in embossed leather. Still the same awesome quality you can expect from RIM. Attached pictures are the Tote models. The cool thing is, it is going to be available for the Curve models. Yay!!!

12-28-07 06:06 PM
    I checked on the RIM site and it seems there are some minor differences in the dimensions of the 8100 and 8130 but are the locations of any of the "ports" (buttons, camera lens, etc.) different?
    Yes, there are actually a number of variances... as you noticed by the specs on RIM site, there are minor differences in dimensions of 8130 vs 8100. In addition the side convenience keys are in slightly different positions, the headset port is 3.5 vs 2.5 and media card access is on side vs under battery. However the most noticeable diff is the orientation of the camera/flash/mirror being horizontal on 8130 and vertical on 8100.
    12-28-07 07:03 PM
    seidio now has the rubberized hard case for the 8130 and I just bought it...

here is the link: SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE FOR PEARL II - CSR2YBB8130-BK

-db

it should be here in a week if I know them...
    12-29-07 10:26 AM
    I have a different kind of question.
    Will a skinned Pearl fit in the leather case? Double the protection double the fun - ha ha.
    I did this with my Treo and it still looks brand new. So I wondered if there was enough room in the Bberry leather pouch case (if/when it is for sale again and not on back order) to accomodate a Pearl with a skin.
    Has anybody tried this?
    12-29-07 10:31 AM
    acolvin-

sorry but no.

the skinned 8130 will not fit in the leather pouch...

you would have to buy a 'GENERIC' type leather case and use it with the 8130 and silicone skin...however..the magnet wont be there to put the berry to sleep. a curve leather case might work but will probably be too big.

anyone with a 8130 and a curve able to tell us if a 8130 with skin on will slide into a curve leather case...

someone said a curve with skin will slide into a 8800 leather case...

-db
    12-29-07 10:49 AM
    Seidio now has a rubberized clip case that holds a skinned pearl. Comes in a combo pack for $45. I have the rubberized holster for non skinned pearls and it's super.
    12-29-07 10:51 AM
    Yeah - I had a lot of their stuff for my Treo. I may do a skin with their holster which I guess also has the sleeper function. It just leaves the back of the Pearl exposed versus in the leather holster pouch (I realize it is exposed but still skinned).
    12-29-07 11:12 AM
    I just bought an OEM version of the leather belt holder for the "Pearl Series" from BestBuy.

I have the 8130, and clearly the holder was made before the 8130 was deployed. It fits fine, all the main things are accessable such as the USB port and volume control. You can also see the light flash when you have messages etc. I've attached a picture I took (I have the silver version from Telus).

12-29-07 03:20 PM
    I use this one I got at the mall for 17 bucks. It works great and puts the Blackberry in sleep mode.

Bob
    12-29-07 03:40 PM
    I'm sorry to hijack the thread, but this question might have relevance to the thread starter.

I am also looking to get double protection for by new BB 8130....

Is it possible to (and what is the opinion of) apply the "body guardz" to your 8130 and have it fit in a leather case designed specifically for the 8130?

I know that the protection level is not as high as a rubberized skin, but from what I hear there is no way use rubber and leather holsters in conjunction with one another.

Once again sorry for the hijack, hope the answers are informative in your search as well as mine.
    12-29-07 10:44 PM
    No the skins that Verizon sells will not fit in the OEM black berry holster for the 8130. I already tried.

But i have a bestskinsever on my phone, so some days it sleeps in the holster, other days it goes in the skin which sits in my pocket.
    12-29-07 10:49 PM
    You can fit a skinned 8130 into the OEM pouch that is packaged with it. I have th OEM silicone skin on my 8130 and I still carry it in the OEM pouch (in my pocket). I currently have the Seidio rubberized hard case on the way, along with a screen protector. They didn't have the bundle on their web site for the 8130 skin and skinned holster, so for now, I'll probably just continue keeping my BB in my pocket (not that I'm a big fan of holsters anyway).
    12-30-07 12:37 AM
    I have noticed problems with my OEM pouch. Everytime I am on a call and slide my phone in, my phone hits the talk button and clicks over. It is so annoying. I have ordered another case and waiting for it to come in and will keep you posted on my recommendations.
    12-30-07 12:41 AM
    You can fit a skinned 8130 into the OEM pouch that is packaged with it. I have th OEM silicone skin on my 8130 and I still carry it in the OEM pouch (in my pocket). I currently have the Seidio rubberized hard case on the way, along with a screen protector. They didn't have the bundle on their web site for the 8130 skin and skinned holster, so for now, I'll probably just continue keeping my BB in my pocket (not that I'm a big fan of holsters anyway).
    okay, but you can not put a skinned pearl 8130 into the black berry holster. as the picture above show it in the oem holster not the pouch, that is the holster i am talking about.
    12-30-07 11:15 AM
    okay, but you can not put a skinned pearl 8130 into the black berry holster. as the picture above show it in the oem holster not the pouch, that is the holster i am talking about.
    Correct. That is the consensus that I've gotten around the virtual and real world. It would be nice if a company came up with a skin and quality leather pouch combo.

yester18,

The world wide web is really a small place. I'm right down the road from you in West View (Ross Township). Go Stillers!
    12-30-07 11:44 AM
    I just bought an OEM version of the leather belt holder for the "Pearl Series" from BestBuy.

I have the 8130, and clearly the holder was made before the 8130 was deployed. It fits fine, all the main things are accessable such as the USB port and volume control. You can also see the light flash when you have messages etc. I've attached a picture I took (I have the silver version from Telus).

That is the case I am going to get next. I will be ordering from the CrackBerry.com store though.
    12-30-07 11:47 AM
    So what does a new 8130 leather pouch case thing have that the older OEM 8100 Pearl case from Best Buy not have? The wouldn't make cut outs all the way down the side for the memory card and other convenience key would they - that seems like a lot of the side of the case would be cut away.
    12-30-07 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD