12-21-08 09:47 AM
28 12
tools
    OP, thanks much for this, I've been trying to find a way to keep the Storm in place while driving and using the Garmin software (gotta love it).
    12-21-08 09:29 AM
    I paid $15 for a Scosche air vent mount at Walmart, found with the GPS stuff. I have an Expedition and if I put it on my right vent I can't move the gear shift. I tried the left vent but I wasn't comfortable with using my left hand on it and I would also have to stretch the charger cable under my steering wheel. It fits the storm really nice with access to all buttons and rotates between landscape and portrait. I don't like that it doesn't tilt at an angle for better viewing. I'm going to return it and maybe upgrade to the cup holder mount (Scosche also for $25) which has an adjustable neck.

I personally don't like the window suction mounts because that little circle left on the windshield invites car thieves. I also have a Garmin GPS that I attach to a weighted dash board bag. I did see a suction mount holder in the auto section at Walmart and may consider using that on the bag instead. I want something easy to put up and take down daily.
    wow, can't wait til the proclip comes out for the storm!
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD