Has anybody purchased one of the 32gb micro sd cards listed on ebay?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 10:40 PM
    I have not, and I am wary of purchasing any microSD card from eBay. Many have been Chinese fakes.

I would only buy mine from SanDisk or a reputable reseller of genuine SanDisk cards, not from online auctions or private sellers on other sites like amazon.com.
    06-21-10 10:47 PM
    I just saw something on TV about this. Workers where the cards are made will take the rejects which are supposed to be ground up, and sell them on ebay. They may work perfectly for a lifetime or they may die immediately. Frankly, cards whether they be SD or CF are so cheap now, I would not waste my time or money.
    06-21-10 10:56 PM
    I was thinking about it too. I would say go for it if you can get one for a low enough price that you are comfortable with, but make sure you keep backups of the card on your computer. You should do that anyway because even the $200 SanDisk card could up and die! I know, I've had it happen!
    06-21-10 11:49 PM
    I keep saying this and I will repeat it again and again. If its too good to be true, its too good to be true. Especially if it comes from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore.
    06-22-10 12:51 AM
    I want a 32GB micro sd! But I don't do online ordering from ebay or amazon

06-22-10 12:56 AM
    I want a 32GB micro sd! But I don't do online ordering from ebay or amazon

Amazon is safe as long as you buy from "Amazon" itself and none of the vendors
    06-22-10 01:14 AM
    has anyone seen these in stores yet?
    06-22-10 08:55 AM
    Thread moved to BB Accessories
    06-22-10 09:02 AM
    has anyone seen these in stores yet?
    Great question. I have yet to see them in stores. That is what prompted me to begin looking on the net.
    06-22-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD