I sold my ipod upon purchasing my new 8100 because i figured that i could find an adapter or something to be able to play the music player on the bb through my car stereo. No luck yet though. My car stereo has an aux in which receives a 3.5 male and i have a cable with 3.5 male on each end. I desperately need an adapter that will go on the end of this cable to plug into the 8100... please, any help??
    01-23-08 01:10 AM
    Radioshack sells them. I am sure you can even find one on Ebay. This is a very common adaptor
    01-23-08 01:13 AM
    I've tried the one at radio shack and one i ordered from CB. Both only played the audio through left side of car!!!
    01-23-08 01:15 AM
    Don't waste your time with radio shack. Its not compatible with the BB. I bought a stereo adapter through seidio online for headphones and works great. When you use that adpater for car audio, it will only play out of left side.

I talked to trouble shooting with seidio and they said I need a audio coupler and then I will work fine with car stereo. I just ordered it and when I receive it early next week, I'll repost and let you guys know if that works. Here is the link with seidio for the 8100 & 8800 series if you wish to see. STANDARD AUDIO ADAPTOR FOR 8100/8800/8830 - ADA-BB8100M35FST
    01-23-08 11:20 AM
    FYI the link the for audio coupler is on the bottom of the page that I linked above and it is not the same item as the audio adapter.
    01-23-08 11:25 AM
    I also had the same sound-only-coming-from-the-left-side problem when I bought an adapter for my Motorola Q. One of the forums that I asked told me that it was because it was a cheap adapter, and something about the number of rings on the adapter, but I don't remember exactly why. I got rid of the Q and don't need the adapter for the Pearl, but I'd try the recommended one. Its nice to be able to use the Berry for music, and have sound from all speakers!
    01-23-08 10:01 PM
    Cool, let me know if it works for ya. so will i need both of the items then? I was about to send the adapter back in a day or two?!
    01-24-08 12:51 AM
    Hey, i just tried this seidio adapter with a pair of head phones and once again, only the left side!!! What is going on with this thing??
    01-24-08 12:54 AM
    With the seidio adapter, you have to plug the headphones into the adapter, then plug the adpater into your BB. If you do not do in that order than you will only get the left ear. If that does not work than you may not have the correct for the pearl.
    01-24-08 01:22 AM
    I just received the audio coupler in the mail today and now my BB works great to play music out of all speakers on my car stereo. You will need both the audio adapter and audio coupler. They list that this will work for the 8100 and 8800 series BB's. Here are the links for both thru Seidio.
    STANDARD AUDIO ADAPTOR FOR 8100/8800/8830 - ADA-BB8100M35FST

AUDIO-OUT COUPLER - ADA-AOC35M35F
    01-28-08 02:08 PM
    Thanks man! Keep it rockin down the block huh? Hope it works out for me as well. Thanks again!
    01-31-08 11:22 PM
    I just received the audio coupler in the mail today and now my BB works great to play music out of all speakers on my car stereo. You will need both the audio adapter and audio coupler. They list that this will work for the 8100 and 8800 series BB's. Here are the links for both thru Seidio.
    STANDARD AUDIO ADAPTOR FOR 8100/8800/8830 - ADA-BB8100M35FST

AUDIO-OUT COUPLER - ADA-AOC35M35F
    So with those two items, I assume you just used a standard 3.5mm (male) to 3.5mm (male) audio cable? I have seen 2.5 mm (male) to 3.5mm (male) cables. I would think that would saving the need for the adapter. It would be just one less connection.
    02-11-08 08:15 PM
    Wait, I think I just answered my own question. I didn't realize exactly how it all worked. Let me see if I understand this correctly. So, the 2.5mm goes into the BB. Then you have the cable. Then the impedence coupler plugs into the cable and the jack on the front of your car audio?
    02-11-08 08:32 PM
    Wait, I think I just answered my own question. I didn't realize exactly how it all worked. Let me see if I understand this correctly. So, the 2.5mm goes into the BB. Then you have the cable. Then the impedence coupler plugs into the cable and the jack on the front of your car audio?
    This is what all would be connected from your BB to car stereo.

Blackberry = 3.5 to 2.5 adapter> audio coupler> 3.5 wire to cars stereo aux jack.

The links are posted above for the adapter and coupler thru Seidioonline.
    02-11-08 11:17 PM
    Verizon sells one that works, too.
    02-12-08 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD