Anyone ever come across this? 2430MAH HIGH CAPACITY F-M1 GOLD BATTERY STYLE 9670 | eBay
    Figured its worth a shot.
    07-06-11 07:49 PM
    yea i wouldnt trust that....... :S
    07-06-11 08:28 PM
    Why not? What do you think could be the problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 06:40 AM
    I personally, have never seen anything like that where you have to program the new battery. Let us know if you give it a try though, I'd be curious.
    07-07-11 07:37 AM
    There was a thread that was about a battery like this for the torch.

Still wouldn't buy.

07-07-11 07:48 AM
    I would avoid this like the plague!
    07-07-11 07:59 AM
    I've seen 'regular' batteries advertised on Amazon with what they call an 'unlock' card, supposedly to duplicate the original battery settings. But when I had one replaced at the service center, they popped one out of the plastic wrap and stuck it in my phone.

But 2430 mah out of the same size battery? Someone grab my boots, 'cause it's gettin' mighty deep 'round heah.

07-07-11 09:07 AM
    I was reading reviews on eBay from people that bought these for other phones. I didn't really see any for the style but most of the reviews were positive. I guess ill wait and see

07-07-11 10:22 AM
    yea i am going to side with everyone else on this. I would avoid this. If you are looking for a extended battery go with a trusted company such as seidio or mugen.
    07-07-11 11:30 AM
    From what I once read, it is only possible to squeeze in a max of 200-300 extra mAh into an OEM-sized battery. More than that, the cells would be over-compressed. The batteries would have exploded before leaving the factory.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-07-11 12:34 PM
    I wouldn't be the first to buy it...I'd wait until you see several other reviews to base your decision on. But just first impressions say it wouldn't be all that reliable.

07-10-11 06:52 PM
    I was very interested in upgrading my battery for my Style an did a bit of research, both online and through these forums. I found this independant tech, the kind of guy that seeks out the truth and bless his heart blares the truth for all to hear. This is his personal website ---batteryboss dot org--- BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims he has everything from advertised mAh to actual tested, cost per mAh and has the crap linked out of everything listed on his site co you can double check for yourself. Nice he is also willing to test any battery you want to get, simply send him what you got (new and unused of course) and you get to see if its a keeper or wasted money and something that should be returned.
    Last edited by lilmantate78; 07-20-11 at 11:27 AM.
    07-20-11 11:01 AM
    In the long run, it is better to have OEM batteries, and chargers too. Aftermarket ones can damage the phone. It may seem better at the time, bt eventually, they all fail in comparisson to the OEM. Reputable brands like Sedio are ok, but finding a small company that nobody knows about is an accident waiting to happen
    07-21-11 05:57 PM
    is it ture?
    07-24-11 10:02 PM
    Hi all,
    I've just listened about the Gold battery 2430. I bought and it's really good for my Bold 9900. Much more longer than OEM battery...the price is really low!

By the way, most important thing this one is better than the original battery. Consider I recharged only twice...
    stevenchun likes this.
    02-06-12 04:08 AM
    yea, and why is that?
    02-10-12 02:46 PM
    the gold battery for the 9900 is all the rave over here in this thread -http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/9900-battery-how-i-found-peace-mind-696283/

people have some good things to say. i even ordered one for myself just waiting for it to come in the mail
    02-23-12 11:46 PM
    I was watching a wireless ground video on youtube on a extended battery for the 9900/9930 it was made by Monaco never heard of them before but in order to use extended battery you had to transfer the "codes" to the new extended battery from old JM1 battery as the guy stated in order for the battery to work in the phone.
    03-11-12 05:01 AM
    I was watching a wireless ground video on youtube on a extended battery for the 9900/9930 it was made by Monaco never heard of them before but in order to use extended battery you had to transfer the "codes" to the new extended battery from old JM1 battery as the guy stated in order for the battery to work in the phone.
    I believe these are "Smart" batteries, so they need to be "programmed" to be seen as the previous genuine battery in order for them to work correctly.

I believe this is related to the issues 9900 owners like myself have with dying phone, chargers not working/recognised etc.

I'm no expert, don't listen to me :P
    03-11-12 09:46 AM
    i just ordered it for my 9930. most of the reviews from ebay and amazon were highly positive. although it gave me an arrival date of April 20th roughly...i'll be waiting awhile.
    03-22-12 04:10 PM
    To the people saying it can't possibly fit so much more capacity in the same space, this battery is claimed to be lithium polymer, which I know can fit 3 times more mAh in the same space so I think it is possible.
    Now I'm not sure if I would want to put a Li polymer battery in my phone when the original is Li ion (I think it's lithium ion, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
    03-30-12 04:22 PM
    Google

People like to get suckered by re-wrapped battery packs... Sorry, you don't get 2x battery life packed in the same physical size, lith polymer or ion, doesn't matter...

People are SELF PROMOTING the batteries in this very thread...
    03-31-12 01:46 AM
    how about the battery temperature? Is it showed accurately in the battery monitoring apps? I used to use non-OEM on my 8900 before and the battery temperature always stuck at 24C...
    04-02-12 11:21 AM
    Same here. Have this gold battery for 2 days and temp is at 24, no changes in MeterBerry
    05-15-12 04:18 PM
    i feel my oem battery go bad, an i just buy this battery
    07-19-12 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD