I was asking about this in the "New OtterBox is here" thread, but it's gotten so long with so many different directions, I can't get an answer to 2 questions...

1. Is anybody putting a screen protector over the OtterBox's clear plastic cover? I don't know how much they charge for a replacement, or how difficult it may be to scratch up, so I wondered what some of you out there were doing?

2. I always put my phone on the nightstand while sleeping, using the alarm clock function. Before I get in bed, I put the phone in Bedside Mode. Before the OtterBox, this made the clock app get real dim (so there's not a bright light by your bed while trying to sleep). It also turns off your phone/radio connection, so that no calls/emails/sms come in and wake you. The turning off of your phone/radio connection is still working, but ever since I put the OtterBox on, the screen no longer goes dim in Bedside Mode. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what might be causing it? It's really bugging me.

Thanks,

Grey
    04-06-09 11:48 AM
    another screen protector, you probably wont be able to text too well with the storm. seems to not be sensitive enough.

as for the other question, not sure...dont use mine at night....sorry!

--J
    04-06-09 01:01 PM
    1) no answer
    2) this is just a setting (case had nothing to do with it. Go to your clock, hit the blackberry button, go to options, scroll down to Bedside mode, change Dim Screen to yes
    04-06-09 01:22 PM
    I had a screen protector on my storm with the otterbox film over it and it was near impossible to txt. So I took off the otterbox protetor and never looked back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 01:34 PM
    nope no screen protector with my otterbox because that would be really pointless
    04-06-09 01:38 PM
    Just a follow up for those that might read all the OtterBox post. My screen dimming in Bedside Mode is working fine now. I had the option set to yes for dimming (it always was set to yes), so I think the phone just got itself in a funky way the first night I had the OB. All is well and this is a great case!

Grey
    04-07-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD