First off, am on Sprint. Just got my 3rd replacement Tour, as the first one had the trackball issue, then corporate over the phone sent me a refurb when I was told it would be new. Sent that back and they told me to go to the store. Went there, no problems whatsoever, they gave me a brand new one on Friday. Still having mild trackball issues, but going to give it a week and see what happens.

Issues:

1.) Have all my same audio settings set up, but when I get text messages, the audio notification does not work. I have NO idea why, have tried searching google, etc, to no avail. Any ideas?? (and have tried different tones as well). Email and BB Messenger notifications work perfectly.

2.) This issue deals with my Innocase II Surface with the aforementioned Tour (all 3 I've had). Ordered that with the cradle, and I must say I LOVE the case, and the cradle. ONLY issue is, I believe there is an issue with the mic hole. When I speak using my right hand, everyone says "I can't hear you". I switch to my left hand (the mic/mic hole is on the left if looking at the front of the Tour), there is no issue at all.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the Innocase II Surface? And if so, what is the remedy, besides sending it back or trying to ream out the hole in the case to make it a little larger (has been my guess as to the problem)

Thanks much for reading this, sorry if it's too long. Just want to get this taken care of.
    10-26-09 02:25 PM
    just had a friend do some tests with me, and have tried different tones as well. seems like it wants to make the notification noise for a SMS, as it makes like a barely audible noise, but then the LED will only turn on.

Also have tried it within the SMS message "folder" (for lack of a better term) and from the main screen. Also in "lock" mode and not. Has to be a setting somewhere that I am missing, as I never had this issue on my Curve.
    10-26-09 03:28 PM
    man, either this forum moves really slow, or nobody has had this problem?
    10-26-09 05:21 PM
    not meaning to bump the thread, but does ANYONE have any ideas?
    10-26-09 09:46 PM
    For your second problem at least, possibly contact Seidio and see if they will either replace the case, or at least be able to provide some sort of explination. you might have just gotten a messed up case.
    10-26-09 10:36 PM
    For your second problem at least, possibly contact Seidio and see if they will either replace the case, or at least be able to provide some sort of explination. you might have just gotten a messed up case.

Probably my next step. Just wanted to see if any others with the same case had the problem.

Thank you for the response
    10-26-09 10:43 PM
    Well, seem to still have the issue with the text message audio notifications.

Anyone have any ideas? This is really obnoxious. Have tried every single alert too.
    10-30-09 12:41 AM
    First off, am on Sprint. Just got my 3rd replacement Tour, as the first one had the trackball issue, then corporate over the phone sent me a refurb when I was told it would be new. Sent that back and they told me to go to the store. Went there, no problems whatsoever, they gave me a brand new one on Friday. Still having mild trackball issues, but going to give it a week and see what happens.

Issues:

1.) Have all my same audio settings set up, but when I get text messages, the audio notification does not work. I have NO idea why, have tried searching google, etc, to no avail. Any ideas?? (and have tried different tones as well). Email and BB Messenger notifications work perfectly.

2.) This issue deals with my Innocase II Surface with the aforementioned Tour (all 3 I've had). Ordered that with the cradle, and I must say I LOVE the case, and the cradle. ONLY issue is, I believe there is an issue with the mic hole. When I speak using my right hand, everyone says "I can't hear you". I switch to my left hand (the mic/mic hole is on the left if looking at the front of the Tour), there is no issue at all.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the Innocase II Surface? And if so, what is the remedy, besides sending it back or trying to ream out the hole in the case to make it a little larger (has been my guess as to the problem)

Thanks much for reading this, sorry if it's too long. Just want to get this taken care of.
    I have sprint and just got my FOURTH tour yesterday! It's a refurb, but looks, feels, and *ACTS brand new, so no problem. I had a super issue with the whole 'refurb' business, but honestly, after ALL the problems my last Tour was giving me, it was making it practically impossible to use the phone.. I was willing to go for the refurb. :/ And the good thing 'bout refurb's imo, is that all the problems that it was sent for... ARE FIXED!
    So because you requested a *new one.. it might not necessarily work right :/
    10-30-09 03:26 AM
    If seidio won't replace the case (Which I highly HIGHLY doubt) take it off the phone.
    Put the two halves back together without the phone in it.

Take a small drill/drillbit just bigger than the hole for the mic and ream out the hole in the case for the mic. Make sure to go slowly and test-fit the case back on the phone multiple times to make sure you've gotten the hole in the case large enough to not cover the mic-pickup in the phone.

*smile*
    Dm
    10-30-09 09:09 AM
    With just about all my cases, I have manually enlarged the hole around the mic, for the very reasons you are mentioning. For the Seidio case, a 360 that I cut out the keyboard cover, I used a small wire cutter to make a "V" shape cut into the back cover with the top of the V toward the keyboard and the bottom of the V opening up to the existing hole in the Seidio case. Has taken care of all muffled issues, no matter what the case.

The mic is directional and most cases interfere with this because the holes are small and also extend beyond the original case, essentially burying the hole in plastic (or leather).
    10-30-09 01:26 PM
    Great method Atira!!

Dm
    10-30-09 01:53 PM
    Going to try that with the mic issue. I've tried to line it up, but yeah it wont stay in place. I'd rather not have to send it back to Seidio, as it's a pretty simple thing to fix.

Still having issues with the audio notification of text messages though. Nobody has any ideas though about that?
    11-01-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD