04-05-10 02:16 PM
34 12
tools
    Well got card today looks legit,came like this no packaging, but when I try to load pics or music, I get a message saying "not enough space..." and device not ready. Formated 4 times no help, and tried to drag and drop direct to card, no luck. I guess $21 for the card should have been a sign it was a fake. I'll see if paypal can reinburse me..
    Last edited by jack57; 03-22-10 at 08:57 AM.
    03-22-10 08:54 AM
    Yeah unfortunately the class 2 should cost about 40 bucks. However that's a pretty good fake, if it is a fake, the markings are very good. They look bolder than they should be, though. I'd have to see it next to mine to know for sure.
    03-24-10 04:10 AM
    Well got card today looks legit,came like this no packaging, but when I try to load pics or music, I get a message saying "not enough space..." and device not ready. Formated 4 times no help, and tried to drag and drop direct to card, no luck. I guess $21 for the card should have been a sign it was a fake. I'll see if paypal can reinburse me..
    I got the exact same thing. Li Feng from China?

My card came DOA too...
    Last edited by pltan75; 03-24-10 at 06:14 AM.
    03-24-10 05:47 AM
    my 16g card that i was so happy about was a hunk of crap. i couldnt get it to work right and then the front of card looked to be flaking off. i picked at it a little and the entire front of the card peeled off to reveal the words "micro sd". nothing about sandisk, size or class. i just got my money back thru paypal the other day. there is alot of fake cards being sold on ebay so be aware. i googled it and read a bunch of stories. damn theives. oh well at least i got my money back. lesson learned.
    That's what I thought. There are too many counterfeited micro SD cards. The best way is to buy it from authorized store. More expensive, yes but it works rather than cheaper and you have a chance to lose your money.
    03-25-10 05:33 AM
    Waaaaaaaaait a minute. NOT SO FAST here...

No, the problem is NOT with the card. Not for me.

I have MULTIPLE Blackberry Bold 9700 phones on my corporate account, and have MULTIPLE Kingston 16GB Micro SDHC (4) cards.

The Blackberry devices cannot recognize more than the 2GB, and cannot format these cards at anything except 2GB.

Nor can Windows Vista Ultimate.
    Nor can Windows 7 Ultimate.
    (Both of which are operating new, legitimate, Sandisk readers which say they support 16GB Micro SDHC chips.)

Any suggestions here?

The problem is LEGITIMATE, and not merely a problem of junk memory.
    04-02-10 03:52 PM
    a word to the wise-dont buy an SD card if it says "bulk packaged". This means its not in the original bubble pack from the factory. ONLY buy one if its in the original manufacturer's sealed plastic bubble pack-my .02.
    04-02-10 05:11 PM
    Waaaaaaaaait a minute. NOT SO FAST here...

No, the problem is NOT with the card. Not for me.

I have MULTIPLE Blackberry Bold 9700 phones on my corporate account, and have MULTIPLE Kingston 16GB Micro SDHC (4) cards.

The Blackberry devices cannot recognize more than the 2GB, and cannot format these cards at anything except 2GB.

Nor can Windows Vista Ultimate.
    Nor can Windows 7 Ultimate.
    (Both of which are operating new, legitimate, Sandisk readers which say they support 16GB Micro SDHC chips.)

Any suggestions here?

The problem is LEGITIMATE, and not merely a problem of junk memory.
    On OS 4.6 or higher your 9700 can definitely use 16G cards.

If two devices have the same problem with the card, the card is obviously the problem.

Your Kingstons are either broken (not completely unheard of) or counterfeit.
    04-03-10 02:41 PM
    What have we learned here today about purchasing underpriced Made in China garbage?

Anyone?
    04-03-10 10:38 PM
    What have we learned here today about purchasing underpriced Made in China garbage?

Anyone?
    How can garbage ever be underpriced?
    04-05-10 02:16 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD