First, I spoke to an Otterbox rep on the phone about the bubble issue with the screen and he told me if I rub the inside of it with my palm or thumb the oil from my hand will stop this from happening, have yet to try it though but sound like it would work.

Second, I have an email question. Every so often my all the read emails in my work email folder will all of the sudden become new and it will say I have 100 plus new emails. I then have to go thru them all again which sucks.

Anyone know why this is happening??
    05-29-09 07:32 PM
    Oh man I'm gonna try that with the screen! That has been driving me nuts!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 08:16 PM
    mine has a hard plastic screen, no bubbles, is yours different?
    05-29-09 08:39 PM
    Mines hard plastic also and It gets stuck to the phones screen and makes it look all funky and stuff.

05-30-09 04:07 AM
    i usually just squeeze the case around the top and the bubble disappears.
    05-31-09 06:14 AM
    My otterbox has the flimsy plastic? I gotta check my dads to see what his is...might have to be swappin!

Anyway, about your email situation...I don't know whats happenning but I know you don't have to go through all the emails again. just scroll to a date and highlight the date, not the message, then hit menu - mark prior opened!
    05-31-09 07:53 AM
    Lol I can't get mine to touch the screen if I tried

05-31-09 08:02 AM
    Wow now i'm not sure if i want to buy the otterbox spend $50 bucks to have bubbles its like getting your windows tinted and having bubles hmmm what to do get the new seidio or otterbox decisions decisions
    05-31-09 04:14 PM
    I tried the oil deal on my case and it worked!.....Now I'm constantly thinking my freeking screen is dirty because of the smear on the inside!!!!hahaha, jokes on me! As for your comment Ruiz, If you want your phone protected like an i580 and you work out in the real world, you have to get an Otterbox!!!! If you're pushin papers at a desk all day go with the Say-dee-ohhhhhhh!!!!
    06-01-09 02:02 PM
    I tried the oil deal on my case and it worked!.....Now I'm constantly thinking my freeking screen is dirty because of the smear on the inside!!!!hahaha, jokes on me! As for your comment Ruiz, If you want your phone protected like an i580 and you work out in the real world, you have to get an Otterbox!!!! If you're pushin papers at a desk all day go with the Say-dee-ohhhhhhh!!!!
    Thats what I was afraid of, whats better the smudge of the bubble? I agree if you work in the real world you have to have a OB. I had an i580 and the only reason I got the BB was because this case was available.
    06-01-09 07:56 PM
    The Otterbox is very good for protection. I would still use mine, but, everyone I talked to on the phone could not understand me, they all said I was muffled sounding.

I drill the microphone hole to at least 5 times the original size, did not help
    06-01-09 07:59 PM
    The Otterbox is very good for protection. I would still use mine, but, everyone I talked to on the phone could not understand me, they all said I was muffled sounding.

I drill the microphone hole to at least 5 times the original size, did not help
    I have only had a few complaints that I sounded muffled with the Otterbox. I just talked louder lol.

06-01-09 08:13 PM
    I tried the Bluetooth for a while so I wouldn't have to deal with the echo/muffled/quiet/whateverelsewecanblameonthiscase!!!!! I found out I'm not a bluetooth guy, I killed 2 in about 1.5 weeks! So I dropped the BT and I haven't had a complaint from anyone in about 2 months! I must have done something to please the OB gods!

BTW, I have a buddy that has this phone without the OB and gets complaints about the echo more than I do!!!!! So keep blaming the OB!
    06-02-09 10:37 AM
    Wow now i'm not sure if i want to buy the otterbox spend $50 bucks to have bubbles its like getting your windows tinted and having bubles hmmm what to do get the new seidio or otterbox decisions decisions
    I just got the otterbox for my 8350i off ebay for $$33.49 with Free Shipping..

Fits great .. no bubbles , doesnt touch the screen and all is good. No one has complained to me yet about muffled voice or echos.. all seems fine.

If you want to look at ebay the seller's name is "cellphone_experts" I ordered in Friday 5/29/09 and It arrived on Monday 6/1/09 ! Super Duper Fast Shipping ..! and for the price.. it was worth every penny.
    06-02-09 04:39 PM

Fits great .. no bubbles , doesnt touch the screen and all is good. No one has complained to me yet about muffled voice or echos.. all seems fine.

If you want to look at ebay the seller's name is "cellphone_experts" I ordered in Friday 5/29/09 and It arrived on Monday 6/1/09 ! Super Duper Fast Shipping ..! and for the price.. it was worth every penny.
    Is it a hard plastic screen or flimsy? Sounds like a great deal! It would be nice to get an ebay thread on this forum that we can chime in with good prices/sellers! I know it's frustrating trying to decide who to buy from...plus 99% of the sellers are shipping from Hong Kong and have zero customer service if there's a problem!
    06-03-09 04:00 PM

Is it a hard plastic screen or flimsy? Sounds like a great deal! It would be nice to get an ebay thread on this forum that we can chime in with good prices/sellers! I know it's frustrating trying to decide who to buy from...plus 99% of the sellers are shipping from Hong Kong and have zero customer service if there's a problem!

yup my otterbox just came in the mail yesterday also from "cellphone_experts" brand new in package for $31.99 w/free shipping. i ordered it on sunday night right about midnight and got an email about 10am monday morning saying it had been shipped. no problems at all with the company, actually i forgot to leave them their good feedback so im off to do that now lol. but i have had the problem where people have a hard time hearing me a couple times, and i have the hard plastic screen but it gets just a little bit on the screen and gets that bubble thing.

and since i saved the 20 bucks on the OB i also ordered bodyguardz for the phone and just got done applying those lol, a bit much maybe, but i dont plan on having the otterbox on at all times. im sure that will make the screen touching happen more but oh well.
    06-05-09 10:32 PM
    Alright, so I hope every OB user will thank me after this info...but I just put my OB on Monday morning and decided to try applying rubbing alcohol to the screen because there were rub marks that I couldn't quite get with my microfiber cloth, while I was at it I cleaned the OB plastic. Its been almost 3 days of use and the screen is clearer than ever and I can't make the screen bubble!!!! All oil free!!!! Anyway, I really hope this works for all the OB faithful that are frustrated with the bubble!

06-10-09 12:35 PM
    Rubbing alcohol on the OB screen will make the bubble go away????
    No ill effects to the screen or plastic?
    06-10-09 12:37 PM
    As far as ill effects....I put a very small amount on a cotton ball, cleaned the screen and then wiped it again with my microfiber cloth. I've done it for years when I would get something on my 7100 screen and never had a problem. As for the OB plastic? I don't see any problems as long as you don't do it every day, I don't even know if you'd have a problem at that point!

06-10-09 12:48 PM
    Good to know. Thanks
    06-10-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD