First Question: Do any of the tv/movie streaming sites (other than youtube) work now without modification? There's Hulu, NBC.com, CBS.com, ABC.com just to name a few.

Second Question: Is there any way to upgrade the Blackberry's capabilities so that some or all of these sites would work? Flash Player 9, etc.

Last Question: Pretty sure I already know the answer to this one but are there already some sites I'm unaware of that stream to the Berry?

The ability to stream youtube vids is awesome but I'm sure I speak for many others when I say all it has done is wet all of our appetites! Many of us want to watch vids on our Berry's but doing so is really tough. You can buy videos but you have to watch it on one of "their" players. You can buy DVD's and then convert them with a program---but that's a pain and many of the shows we want to watch are available free on streaming sites. I wish all these media sites would offer vids optimized for the Berry for download---I know many folks would pay.

Thanks so much to Bla1ze and others for making vids available to all of us.

Sorry for the long post but I'm sure many others are thinking and saying the same things.

Kevin, maybe you guys could have a Weekly Media Section right on CrackBerry's main page with updates on all this stuff and options, programs, sites, etc. I'm sure lots of people would love to see that.
    06-26-08 09:13 PM
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. Blueapple.mobi.
    06-26-08 09:26 PM
    Thanks for the sites. Maybe I just don't know how to search them, but all I find is links to sites that have media available to watch. Which is fine if I wanted to watch on my computer---which I don't. They all seem to use flash player 9 which doesn't help on my Berry.

Hate to sound like a dunce but if the 2 sites you mentioned offer either videos I can download and store on my computer (and then transfer to my Blackberry) or if they offer a way to stream videos directly to my Berry I would appreciate some help in figuring out how to navigate those sites to do so.

If the Hulu player and some of the others like those they use at NBC, CBS, etc. worked on the BlackBerry I'd be good to go but they don't.
    06-27-08 08:13 AM
    Erm, okay you aren't understanding things correctly. Blueapple.mobi is one web site. You go to it using the browser you your phone. It will show you videos like you tube. Any kind of flash content will not work with a BB. Blueapple.mobi re-ncodes the videos from YouTube to .3gp which the BB can handle. You are never going to get a web site that has flash like Hulu or NBC to work.
    06-27-08 08:50 AM
    Cool, thanks. I did think they were 2 different sites. I wonder if the flash thing is something RIM will deal with in future OS's?

Thanks a ton for your answers.
    06-27-08 08:04 PM
    I can watch video from TMZ.com on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 09:59 PM
    Skyfire is supposed to support flash.

11-26-08 01:32 PM
    Skyfire is supposed to support flash.

It does but Skyfire doesn't work on Blackberries..
    11-27-08 06:20 PM
    IPhone or Windows mobile the solution.

12-02-08 12:45 PM
    mobile Flash is supported on blackberry os versions 4.3.0.0 or greater. I suggest you update to 4.5.

Websites such as youtube.com and other steaming sites will work.
    12-17-08 11:16 PM
    mobile Flash is supported on blackberry os versions 4.3.0.0 or greater. I suggest you update to 4.5.

Websites such as youtube.com and other steaming sites will work.
    That is incorrect, flash is not supported on any Blackberry OS period. Os 4.3 and up support RTSP. Sites that support RTSP (with supported audio/video codec and resolution) such as youtube will work with the BB.
    12-18-08 12:01 AM
    Will they ever possibly release a Flash player for the BlackBerry?
    12-18-08 08:47 AM
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. Blueapple.mobi.
    I'm getting the error: The media being played is of an unsupported format

I clicked open after it gave me the option to save open or cancel.
    12-19-08 01:43 PM
    It worked when I saved the file and not when I hit open.
    12-31-08 05:39 PM
    People realy I dnt c any stable solution or suggestions here...all I know is to download videos, but to watch the online...thts impossible for now, on any site...I'm a newbie bye the way
    06-17-12 05:37 AM
    Do you really watch streaming movies, but do not have the time and money to go to the cinema or perhaps rent movies, then you might find as Watch movies online on film streaming !
    05-25-14 04:29 PM
    Filmon App, works great!

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    07-16-14 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD