I want to send .mp4 links to my friends on BBM so that when they click the url it will stream or allow for download.
    What's the best way I can do it?? I normally Upload the video to facebook then get the raw .mp4 link, but I want something abit easier I guess...

Any ideas ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 03:26 PM
    Nobody?? anybody?? Somebody??

Ok, i have a web server, when i put .mp4 files it does not stream on my BlackBerry Running os6 .. if i save the file to device it will play ... what am i missing ??

What do i need to do so it will stream ??
    05-15-11 01:00 PM
    To stream it has to be compatible with blackberry streaming protocals. I'd suggest uploading your video to either stagevu or movshare.net These sites have allowed me to stream mp4 and avi video through my blackberry torch browser.
    Hope I helped

05-15-11 02:46 PM
    To stream it has to be compatible with blackberry streaming protocals. I'd suggest uploading your video to either stagevu or movshare.net These sites have allowed me to stream mp4 and avi video through my blackberry torch browser.
    Hope I helped

How exactly do you stream from movshare.net ?? I uploaded a test video Watch Blackberry Test online | MovShare - Reliable video hosting

I don't see how to stream it or get the raw .mp4 link for the video...
    Last edited by AwJm; 05-15-11 at 04:26 PM.
    05-15-11 04:18 PM
    Why not upload to YouTube?

05-15-11 04:31 PM
    Why not upload to YouTube?

You can only Playback YouTube videos if your are on wifi ..
    05-15-11 04:33 PM
    You can only Playback YouTube videos if your are on wifi ..
    I can stream over the network, but your carrier might be blocking you.

You can also upload it to your Dropbox public folder and share the link.

05-15-11 04:38 PM
    Yeah, My network blocks streaming from YouTube... With Dropbox can you stream ?
    05-15-11 04:40 PM
    I'm don't know if it will stream, but they can definitely download it. The BlackBerry can also open local mp4 files.

05-15-11 04:44 PM
    OK, gonna test it out .. I have my own webserver that i can put the files, but they won't stream, it has to be downloaded them played locally, I am almost sure that will be the same with dropbox..
    05-15-11 04:46 PM
    I've opened mp4 files from web links before. Maybe it's a problem with the headers. It would help if your recipient is on OS6, I'm finding the player much more robust.

05-15-11 04:49 PM
    I'm testing it with OS6 ... what do you mean problem with headers ?
    05-15-11 04:50 PM
    Your server has to be configured to send the right http headers to the browser for this kind of file. Look up the exact ones for mp4 files. Some browsers are better at guessing the type but it really should be configured correctly on the server.

05-15-11 04:54 PM
    Ok, same issue with DropBox,... it won't stream, but the file can be downloaded and played locally..
    05-15-11 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD