Has anyone made a pros and cons list for each comparing the two?
    05-28-12 07:30 PM
    Has anyone made a pros and cons list for each comparing the two?
    Would like to see one.

My kids love Netflix, and use the cheapie Nook Colors to get their full. We also have Amazon Prime, and they work on multiple devices too.

My perception is that Netflix has a better selection, but am interested in hearing other perspectives.
    05-28-12 08:07 PM
    Me too. Movie selection? TV series selection? Prices? I liked Netflix when they had mail out DVDs. I watched Lost, and tons of TV shows

They seem to only offer digital plans now with an option to add one DVD at a time.

Does Amazon offer mail out DVDs as well?
    05-28-12 08:12 PM
    This is from last year but still a decent review. http://www.pcworld.com/article/22039..._showdown.html

Amazon Prime is streaming only. You need something like Redbox if you want DVDs.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-28-12 08:18 PM
    Me too. Movie selection? TV series selection? Prices? I liked Netflix when they had mail out DVDs. I watched Lost, and tons of TV shows

They seem to only offer digital plans now with an option to add one DVD at a time.

Does Amazon offer mail out DVDs as well?
    I don't know that Amazon offers mail-outs. With Netflix, we have streaming and Mail 3 (though, with Redbox, we are getting rid of the Mail 3).

I wish Netflix had better, but it has some of the series I do watch (like Psych), so it is a cool option. Plus, seeing my son watch the same Spiderman episodes I watched as a kid is cool.

Amazon movies is more a product of our prime membership.
    05-28-12 08:21 PM
    Netflix has a MUCH better selection, at least on the unlimited side. The stuff Amazon does not have on the Prime side, usually IS available for rent or buy, AND sometimes they have stuff that Netflix does not have. For example they had a missing Sliders episode, that Netflix must have deemed too controversial (Coffee Prohibition World - Java Jive episode). And they DO have some nice stuff on the free side, PLUS the other benefit of Amazon Prime is nice too, the free 2 day shipping. And 79 a year is better than 7.99 a month. Also Amazon Prime works on the PlayBook without any help and it works on any Android Tab too. You don't need a special client.

Still though I prefer Netflix and the selection of movies and TV shows. (Actually I get both!)
    06-05-12 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD