10-15-11 01:49 AM
27 12
tools
    i have been trying to get movies onto my phone in good quality and finally i did it. i just wanted to share with everyone else. first, im using dvd's from my home collection. the software i use is not free, but i find it works great and worth the money. i tried alot of free 3gp converters and they were crap. anyway i use avs video converter 6. open the progam and click on edit profile. make sure the settings are as follows and u will get a perfect video for ur phone. video codec - select mpeg4. frame size - 320 x240. frame rate - 24fps. bitrate 700. file type - 3gp rel.4. audio codec - mpeg2/4audio. channels - stereo. sample rate 32000hz. sample size 16bit. bitrate - 64kbps. these settings give me perfect results. crystal clear movies for my phone on my sd card. average movie is about half a gig. give it a try, bet u will be happy.
    01-21-10 10:28 AM
    i have been trying to get movies onto my phone in good quality and finally i did it. i just wanted to share with everyone else. first, im using dvd's from my home collection. the software i use is not free, but i find it works great and worth the money. i tried alot of free 3gp converters and they were crap. anyway i use avs video converter 6. open the progam and click on edit profile. make sure the settings are as follows and u will get a perfect video for ur phone. video codec - select mpeg4. frame size - 320 x240. frame rate - 24fps. bitrate 700. file type - 3gp rel.4. audio codec - mpeg2/4audio. channels - stereo. sample rate 32000hz. sample size 16bit. bitrate - 64kbps. these settings give me perfect results. crystal clear movies for my phone on my sd card. average movie is about half a gig. give it a try, bet u will be happy.
    AVSMedia. Best software for you on today's market. Subscribe and download now!

AVS Video Converter

Rip and burn personal DVDs, convert video, create HD Video, split, join, edit, apply effects, copy to mobile devices! ALL KEY FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED!

US$59.00
    I have been using the AVS products for some time with excellent results.

Interesting to note the price increases. When I bought the earlier generation AVS Converter it was priced at $30. When they upgraded, there was no discount for previous owners and I paid an additional $30.

Now, it's nearly $60.
    01-21-10 10:38 AM
    Wow. I don't think I need movies on my fone THAT bad,but if I do now I know~ thanks for the info!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 02:03 PM
    Moving to Movies & Video section
    01-21-10 02:06 PM
    Wow. I don't think I need movies on my fone THAT bad,but if I do now I know~ thanks for the info!

it is very cool. i have rage concert, who concert, jimi h concert and korn also. i listen to them at work with headphones. its great. also have some regular movies like - hangover, nitro circus, hulk ect. the vid qaulity is great and with the headphones on it is awesome. jmo.
    01-21-10 05:25 PM
    Will handbrake do the same?

01-24-10 10:31 PM

Idk, never heard of handbrake. I will have to look it up and check it out.
    01-25-10 04:07 PM
    Yeah there are tons of freeware converters, no need to shell out for one.
    01-25-10 04:44 PM
    Yeah there are tons of freeware converters, no need to shell out for one.
    I tried a few free ones but i could not find any that gave me the options needed to get good qaulity video. the results i am getting are excellent with avs. i still have not checked out handbrake yet. busy all the time. i may do so right now. please list any free converters that give good qaulity. i would like to check them out. thanks.
    01-31-10 10:47 PM
    I am kind of old so I don't like doing all of these conversions myself. I like downloading from sites that have movies already converted to MP4, but thanks anywat for the info Todj.
    02-01-10 04:10 AM
    I tried a few free ones but i could not find any that gave me the options needed to get good qaulity video. the results i am getting are excellent with avs. i still have not checked out handbrake yet. busy all the time. i may do so right now. please list any free converters that give good qaulity. i would like to check them out. thanks.
    I found some good info on dailymobile.se forums in the Symbian v5 section I think.

I was able to convert some AVIs I ripped from DVDs I bought and then convert those to MP4s with excellent quality on my 640x360 screen I have on my Nokia. You definitely don't have to spend money to get top quality. Many of these apps have all the options you need, you just need to understand the settings.
    02-01-10 04:32 AM
    Trying with some I just got, ty
    02-20-10 11:37 PM
    alright.... i started this thread stating that i like avs, and i still do. but after reading comments on all the free software out there, i decided to give some a try. i tried at least half a dozen and i wasnt happy with any except for .....handbrake. it works perfect and it is totally free. not a free download for a trial period. alot of that out there. so if u want video on ur device i vote handbrake. thanks guys for making me look around. free is always nice.
    02-28-10 09:42 PM
    I use handbreak on my Mac and it works like a charm. It has a few quirks but once you figure it out it works great......Plus it is free.
    02-28-10 09:49 PM
    Thanks for the info
    03-02-10 06:50 AM
    I've made a couple of movies to fit the Blackberry screens, if you guys want.
    07-24-10 03:12 PM
    I am kind of old so I don't like doing all of these conversions myself. I like downloading from sites that have movies already converted to MP4, but thanks anywat for the info Todj.
    Thank u, that's how I feel! Just click and the movie plays. So where are these MP4 sites.

07-28-10 10:53 PM
    Thanks for the info, but I wonder how can one enjoy watching movies on phone,the reason is the small screen. And it also takes space,also can slow down ur daily work on BB,I also believe it kills the battery,sorry no offence to ur thread but just explaining some stuff can go wrong while converting n puttin them on the fone.
    Cheerzzz.
    CB community Rocks.

08-04-10 06:50 PM
    Thanks for the info !!!!!
    08-20-10 11:03 AM
    Thanks for the info !!!!!
    08-20-10 11:19 AM
    I never could figure out handbrake...any tips?
    08-21-10 01:38 PM
    Add me to those who use handbrake. I never thought I'd want movies on my phone but it helps me kill time at airports or on flights when I'm not in a chatty mood.
    If you set the picture setting to either 750 or 320 you get good files with clear picture and audio. I lean towards the 320 setting. Audio is set to "stereo" and bitrate I drop down to 750.

Takes a little over 2 hours to get a mp4 final product from your average DVD movie.
    02-23-11 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the info, but I wonder how can one enjoy watching movies on phone,the reason is the small screen. And it also takes space,also can slow down ur daily work on BB,I also believe it kills the battery,sorry no offence to ur thread but just explaining some stuff can go wrong while converting n puttin them on the fone.
    Cheerzzz.
    CB community Rocks.

LOL,Have You Never Been In Very, Very Boring Situation Where You Wish You Had Something To Listen To, Or Watch? Wait....How About The Simple Fact That You Have A Phone Powerful Enough To Watch Movies On? That Alone Is Pretty Cool. Sure It's Not Like Watching It On A Big Screen @ The Theater, But You Would Be Surprised @ How Good They Look & Sound.

Of Course They Take Space, But Phones Nowadays Are Able To Handle Up To 32 Gig Cards, If Not More. And I Have Never Had Issues With My Phone Slowing Down Due To How Many Movies I've Had On My Phone. Everything "Kills" The Battery......LOL. If You Even Look @ You're Phone Wrong The Battery Will Start Dying Faster. Sheesh....Yes,If Ya Wanna Watch Movies On Your Phone "The Laws Of Nature & Science" Still Apply.

And I Have Never Heard Of Putting Movies On A Cellphone, Being The Cause Of Terrible Things Happenig To The Phone. Not That It Couldn't Happen I Guess, But Never Heard Of It. I'm Not Sure I Would Believe It Even If I Did.

Being Able To Put Movies On Your Phone Nowadays Is A "KEY" Selling Feature For Alot Of People.

Peace.....
    Mr_Ricky_66 and mark63534 like this.
    03-18-11 09:04 PM
    Definitely handy so thanks for the info. Long commutes to class wouldn't be so bad if i could watch stuff during it.
    09-21-11 09:43 AM
    I also using same method, It is working great.
    Thank you for share
    09-23-11 02:43 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD