Sorry if this question has already been asked. I'll be brief. Why won't the movies i have on my phone, that are in MP4 format, NOT play on my PS3? Thanks in advance.
    02-10-11 10:56 AM
    So you need to copy them to your playstation harddrive directly before they can play. Put the phone in usb mode(on phone) under mass storage mode, then go to the video section on your playstation, you should have a section that pops up saying usb attached device or something along those lines. You then need to hit the triangle button, pick show all, then your videos will pop up. You then hit triangle again on the video and hit copy.

Im sorry, I am doing this all from memory at the moment, but I have put all of my movies on my phone to my playstation this way. Let me know if you can't get it to work and I can actually go home and check the steps again. Hope this helps you out.

-Lamarr
    Do you mean that you are using a USB cord to try to do this?
    i tried that first and that didn't work. my PS3 would recognize my phone but would find no video. then i copied the video to a flashdrive and it still wouldn't recognize any video.
    02-10-11 09:09 PM
    My guess is that PS3 doesn't recognize mp4. I have a PS3 as well, so I have a bit of knowledge with it.
    any way i can make it recognize it?
    02-10-11 09:34 PM
    So you need to copy them to your playstation harddrive directly before they can play. Put the phone in usb mode(on phone) under mass storage mode, then go to the video section on your playstation, you should have a section that pops up saying usb attached device or something along those lines. You then need to hit the triangle button, pick show all, then your videos will pop up. You then hit triangle again on the video and hit copy.

Im sorry, I am doing this all from memory at the moment, but I have put all of my movies on my phone to my playstation this way. Let me know if you can't get it to work and I can actually go home and check the steps again. Hope this helps you out.

-Lamarr
    02-11-11 12:13 AM
    no go to video on the ps3 and then like triangle or circle one of those i cant remember and select all files i believe it works then
    02-12-11 04:59 PM
    I understand that 3gp won't copy, but you need to consider what the original question was. MP4 if you've forgotten, but your information is still helpful for others figuring out 3gp.

I also want to add that the playstation will play directly from the phone so you can do it on any playstation rather than copying it.

-Lamarr

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 06:31 PM
    The PS3 "Will" Play Mp4 Files. I Do It All The Time. I Usually Play Them Off Of A Flashdrive As Well.

Plug In Your FlashDrive> Scroll Over To Video> Scroll Down To Your FlashDrive> Push "Triangle" Button, And Select "Display All"....Then All Your Files Will Be Displayed.> Select The File You Want To Play By Pushing "X"

There Ya Go.

Note: If You Just Push "X" On Your Flashdrive.....You Will Get A Message Stating "There Are No Files To Display"

You Gotta Push "Triangle" On Your FlashDrive (Or Phone) First In Order To Display All The Files First.

Hope That Helped Efeezy4Sheezy
    02-12-11 08:35 PM
    Lol......Trust Me It Does. I Just Got Done Watching "Little.Fockers.2010.DVDScr.Mp4" ON My Ps3.

I Guess Somebody Needs To Tell My PS3 It's Not Supposed To Play Mp4's Then, Since You Are Saying That Ps3 Will Not. LMAO.

X-Box 360 Will Also Play Mp4's, But Not Right Out Of The Box Like PS3.
    You Have To Download A Update In Order To Enable The 360 To Play Em'

BTW Sheezy I'm Uploading Little Fockers DVDScr Now. It Should Be Up In My Thread Tomorrow.........Peace
    02-12-11 09:15 PM
    My guess is that PS3 doesn't recognize mp4. I have a PS3 as well, so I have a bit of knowledge with it.
    Really?? If You Had Knowledge Of It You Would Have Never Said That^^^^^
    that PS3 doesn't recognize mp4
    "No one said it won't play mp4 files."..........Yeah.....Ok.
    No one said it won't play mp4 files.
    I Think You Need To Go Back & Read This Topic Again, From The Very Beginning. This Started Out As A Question As To Why A Playstation 3 Will NOT Play "MP4" Movies. The SAME "MP4" Movies Will Play On Sheezy's Phone.....But He Wants The Playback To Take Place On His Playstation 3.

You Have Somehow Morphed His Topic Into 3GP Videos Of Your Cat, Not Being Able To Play On A Playstation 3. Lol. Then You Try To Correct Me, Saying "Nobody Said It Wouldn't Play MP4".........???????LOL
    You Yourself Practically Said It.......As You Can See Above.So.....You Might Wanna Get A Little Bit MORE Knowledge Of It.

Oh & When People Post A Question, They Usually Want Responses That Have To Do With What "THEY" Asked. Not Some Random Issue That Someone May Have Discovered.

Have A Nice Day =8-)
    02-13-11 10:28 AM
    @ kellyjdrummer : In Response To Your Post Geared Toward Myself "I Guess Somebody Pissed In Your Cheerios" (Which Nobodyelse Can See, Because You Deleted It)

No. Not @ All. Just Don't Forget....You Quoted Me As To Correct Something I Said. Not The Other Way Around
    Last edited by Ether2105; 02-14-11 at 11:57 PM.
    02-13-11 11:00 AM
    Well, I'm just glad you're here to straighten everything out. Nyuk, nyuk.
    Sheesh.......Everybody Makes Mistakes. Don't Take It So Personal. If Someone Gives The Wrong Answer To Somebody's Question, And I Know For A Fact That I Know The Correct Answer......Um...Yeah. I'm Gonna Give The Correct Answer. Only To Be Chastised 3 Posts Later By The One Who Gave The Wrong Answer I Guess. I Don't Get It.

Here.......

YOU WON

Let It Go Already
    02-13-11 11:28 AM
    kellyjdrummer Decided To Delete All Of His/Her Posts. So I Guess I Win.

BTW.......This Is Like The 3rd, Or 4th Thread That I Have Found Where You Pull All Of Your Posts Halfway Through A Conversation. I Don't Get It. You Should Stand Behind What You Say, Or Not Say It @ All. Leaving Threads With Gaps In It Like That Is Confusing Everybody.

So, Just So Everyone Knows.....I Wasn't Talking To Myself For Like 6 Posts In A Row......Lol

(Just My Opinion)
    Last edited by Ether2105; 02-15-11 at 12:09 AM.
    02-13-11 08:26 PM
    Valentines day preperations, that's why i haven't been responding. i will try your answer a little later. and thanks again for all the help. Ether, you are the man!!!
    02-15-11 10:34 AM
    Not all MP4 can be played on PS3. PS3 only recognize MP4 SP.
    You will need to convert iPhone MP4 video to DIVX AVI or MPEG-2 in order to play MP4 on PS3. Here is a detailed guide: mp4toaviconverter.com
    03-17-12 12:56 PM
    ok i'll try that
    03-18-12 11:57 PM
    PS3 can play MP4 video files with extension of .mp4 with video codec of MPEG-4 AVC H.264 /Xvid/DivX and audio codec of AAC. There are still some other MP4 video files are unsupported like MPEG-4 ASP.

As MPEG-4 AVC H.264 codec, support is limited to the following specifications:

AVC Profile: Baseline, Main or High Profiles
    Maximum bitrate: None specified. However, if bitrate is above 20Mbps, stuttering will occur when playback
    AVC Level: 4.2
    No B-Pyramid and P4x4 support
    4GB limit for streaming H.264 files

To successful play MP4 files that PS3 failed to see/recognize, transfer, playback or not normally playback, a better solution is to convert MP4 to PS3 supported MPEG-4 AVC codec or MPEG-2 video

Here is the detailed guide on how to successfully play various kinds of MP4 on PS3:
    MP4 to PS3 - How to successfully play MP4 on PS3 (PlayStation 3)?
    03-30-12 03:38 AM
    no go to video on the ps3 and then like triangle or circle one of those i cant remember and select all files i believe it works then
    05-11-12 07:27 PM
    iDealshare VideoGo is just the right MP4 to PS4 Converter which supports converting all kinds of PS4 unrecognized MP4 files to PS4 more compatible MP4, AVI, MPEG-2 and etc which is also playable on PS3. So this MP4 PS4 Converter is also a MP4 to PS3 Video Converter.

Besides converting MP4 to PlayStation 3/4, this wonderful MP4 to PS4 Converter also can convert MKV, MPG, MOV, RMVB, FLV, F4V, 3GP, AVI, VOB, OGV, WebM, DV, TS, SWF, and etc to PS4 or PS3 video format.

Just google search Step by Step Guide to Solve Can't Play MP4 on PS3 and PS4 with iDealshare VideoGo, you will find a detailed guide.
    09-05-14 01:54 AM