I do have one WP BBM friend, and so far, in 9 out of 10 cases, sending him an image from my Z30 to his Lumia 925 did not work. It always ended with an "error during image transfer".

We are both on the latest official OS and BBM versions, and reception / signal was always excellent when I tried to send him an image. The images were small, about 200 to 300kb. I consider this another bug in the BBMx universe, which makes it barely usable.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 02:59 AM
    That is interesting. I have yet to have any issue with Laura who is the wpcentral mod boss.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-22-14 03:21 AM
    I think this is a reliability issue, comparable to those on iOS. There are certain things that do NOT not work at all, but fail intermittently.

And this is what I mean by barely usable. If I always have to text or to call people, to ask them if they received my bbm message, and if the content was readable or not, then the messenger is of no use.
    09-22-14 04:27 AM
    I think this is a reliability issue, comparable to those on iOS. There are certain things that do NOT not work at all, but fail intermittently.

And this is what I mean by barely usable. If I always have to text or to call people, to ask them if they received my bbm message, and if the content was readable or not, then the messenger is of no use.
    Agreed, they need to update BBM for Windows and fast.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:46 PM
    This is indeed an issue, happens to me very often. I gave up hope to BBM WP version, for this, and other missing little bits (notifications, delivery receipt when app not active, stability, etc). I do not think that WP version is actively delivered anymore. It was just a marketing stunt to release a horrible, unfinished product on WP platform.
    10-11-14 03:21 AM
    So like most WP apps, it doesn't work right? sorry couldn't help it.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-11-14 03:23 AM
    So like most WP apps, it doesn't work right? sorry couldn't help it.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Almost true. ALL apps developed by Blackberry for the WP platform. For that matter. Sad, but true. Very low quality app, the BBM for WP is.
    10-11-14 12:54 PM
    NOt only do I have this image transfer problem, it also doen't deliver regular messages.
    I sent something to a guy on sunday evening and he responded instantly. His response never arrived with me. UNtil right now, when I sent a message to a group this guy is member in. This thing apparently needs a "ping" from somewhere to become active.
    What a hopeless piece of c**p.
    10-14-14 07:07 AM