One of my biggest issues with BB10 is the contacts app. Love everything else about this phone.

Randomly when I view a contact, the video and BBM voice icon are not visible. Today I tried to relink them, and no luck. I am at a loss on how to get the icons back for one of my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:43 PM
    One of my biggest issues with BB10 is the contacts app. Love everything else about this phone.

Randomly when I view a contact, the video and BBM voice icon are not visible. Today I tried to relink them, and no luck. I am at a loss on how to get the icons back for one of my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    If your contact is on mobile and has it disable over mobile it won't show

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:47 PM
    It's not. It's a PlayBook and a 9900. If I go through BBM, I can call the 9900. I can't see the PlayBook video chat icon, and u know the pb is on. I liked having everything available under my contact. It's really been bugging me.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:52 PM
    If the user is offline, it would appear gray but the icon will still show under the contact. The icons are not showing for this one contact

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:05 PM
    It's not. It's a PlayBook and a 9900. If I go through BBM, I can call the 9900. I can't see the PlayBook video chat icon, and u know the pb is on. I liked having everything available under my contact. It's really been bugging me.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, this is a frustration too, mostly for Playbook contacts.

I found a "sometimes" fix is to edit the contact, you don't have to change anything, just press save.

This should trigger the contact page to flicker a little bit, it's probably updating and contacting some BB server to update and it might reinitialize the contact's Playbook ID again. *shrug*

I wish BB will change this in the future and just let you try to contact the BBID no matter if they are online or offline and let it find out for itself if the contact on the other end is offline or not.
    Zeridialous likes this.
    05-03-13 09:10 PM
    I notice the flicker sometimes adding the voice and video chats back. No such luck this time I really shouldn't have unlinked. Caused more problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:14 PM
    Any insight on how we can fix this bug? The contacts app seems to have a mind of its own.

Also under BBM contacts in the contacts app, it just shows my contacts pin, not BBM picture or name. But in the BBM app the picture shows.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:43 PM
    This is still an issue with 10.1. PlayBook video chat icon just keeps disappearing for contacts. I don't understand how and why this is happening. If I want to initiate a video call with a PlayBook, i can't. Very frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:12 PM
    Anyone else having the same problem? Makes it difficult when someone with a PlayBook wants me to call them.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:49 PM
    Yeah, having the same issue. Don't know how to solve it either.. Also someone with BBOS 5.0 can see the Voice Icon but it is grey. And I can't see a Voice icon at all on my Z10 or Q5.
    07-28-13 02:26 PM
    Yeah, this is a frustration too, mostly for Playbook contacts.

I found a "sometimes" fix is to edit the contact, you don't have to change anything, just press save.

This should trigger the contact page to flicker a little bit, it's probably updating and contacting some BB server to update and it might reinitialize the contact's Playbook ID again. *shrug*

I wish BB will change this in the future and just let you try to contact the BBID no matter if they are online or offline and let it find out for itself if the contact on the other end is offline or not.
    I disagree.. i like the gray out icon whenever the user is not available or offline... but the problem for me is sometimes, having the icon not appear at all!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:46 PM
    It will only show when you are connected to wifi 3G or 4 G

Posted via CB10
    habicht likes this.
    11-09-13 11:39 AM
    So what i thought would be the problem is confirmed. Sucks ***! But here it is... I just visited the customer service center for Telkomsel my provider in Indonesia, it is a fact that they have blocked the service from working!
    So dear BlackBerry, Crackberry, Kevin, Blaize or whoever that can get this to blackberry.. This is not cool! Not one bit! How could you "BlackBerry" let another company control your phone services or features???
    Disappointed i got to say...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 04:54 AM
    even when you use wifi?
    04-08-14 09:47 PM
    No no.. i cab use it over wifi no problem... but i used to use it when I'm on the road, and it was convenient...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    04-09-14 04:12 AM
    It's probably a weak connection between either you or the recipient.

Or your carrier has blocked it.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 09:41 PM
    He just said it was blocked by his carrier

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 09:51 PM
    He just said it was blocked by his carrier

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    LOL!!! He probably didn't read it fully enough...

04-13-14 04:47 AM
    So BernardK is complaining to the wrong people. He needs to be discussing this with Telkomsel.
    04-13-14 07:01 AM
    Well I'm complaining to both Carrier and BlackBerry... Because i feel that it is also a part of BlackBerry responsibility to be able to work with the service provider to be able to provide the best to give out the best of blackberry.. if that makes sense...

04-14-14 01:14 AM
    Its great when it works. Its not very reliable. Im a huge promoter of BBM in my group of friends and i would never say anything bad in front of them but believe me sometime i hit that call button and nothing happens on the other end.

No dramas here down unda, using BBM Voice with my step-mother all the time, and she's on Android (S4).

The only grief is the connection time, takes a while to connect, and you might already start taking while the app's not fully online yet.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    04-16-14 05:55 PM
    No dramas here down unda, using BBM Voice with my step-mother all the time, and she's on Android (S4).

The only grief is the connection time, takes a while to connect, and you might already start taking while the app's not fully online yet.

Sorry, wrong thread. Ouch ;-)

04-16-14 05:56 PM
    Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:08 AM
    I ran into this when I reloaded the software on my girlfriends phone this evening, and stumbled upon this through a Google search... the above fix worked perfectly for me. Thanks!
    03-28-15 04:14 AM
    A little birdie tells me that cross platform video calling will go live after july this year... after resolving server issues everywhere else except North america. Its got something to do with BES12.
    04-12-15 09:00 AM