Title says it all. I downloaded the app and just do not see the point of the app at all. Also, none of my BBM contacts want a beta invite as they also do not see the point. I certainly won't be paying a subscription for it and have already deleted it off my device.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-09-11 07:20 PM
    Well I like it because it gives me a chance to learn about new music. I have joined 2 groups (because I also have no BBM contacts that are BBM Music users) that were made for BBM Music and the groups have 27 and 25 people in them. I'm sharing with most of them and have 827 songs and that's with everyone not having selected their 50.

I've heard lots of new music that I would have never heard if it wasn't for this app, and it's all for a low cost. If you download music illegally, you'd find no use for this app but at (usually) $0.99 a song, $4.99 for 50 songs is a pretty great deal plus the ability to share with people and gain way more then 50 songs, like my 827 mentioned above.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    09-09-11 07:32 PM
    right now there is not much of a point thats why u need to build friendship on bbm music then u can share different kinds of music between one another... this app is basically about sharing music between blackberrys
    09-09-11 08:28 PM
    Do they charge the $4.99 as soon as you start using it?
    09-09-11 08:35 PM
    It is still in beta so there are no charges yet.

I was in the same boat - none of my BBM friends had it. So I joined the 1st group mentioned on this site and got started with BBM music contacts. These are separate from BBM contacts although you can invite them to be your BBM friends too from within the App. You then get status updates of what your contacts are doing, you can see if they add new contacts (you can then invite them as your contacts too), which songs they add to their own list of 50 songs, songs they remove and songs they add to their playlists (these are separate from your 50 songs).

Following people and adding them for a few days have gotten me the max number of contacts (I believe it is at 140). I also have access to 4237 songs which I can add to my playlists and cache for offline listening. And with the ability to change 25 songs a month X 140 contacts = lots of new songs.
    09-09-11 09:50 PM
    I'm with OP. Just no point to it. In order to listen to more songs, you HAVE to go out and connect with other BB owners who are also using BBMusic. Lame! And to have to shell out 5 bucks for it? Really?? There are so many other music services out there, that actually make sense, and are cross platform. I live in OC, CA. Do you know how many BB owners there are compared with iOS and Android? We're a dying breed here.

Make it part of the BIS/BES plan. No fee. Subsidize it. If it is free, it *may* draw some more buyers of RIM products. Otherwise, BBMusic is fail.

BTW - I did tell them all of this in the recent survey on BZ.

PS - I know you can add BBMusic contacts without actually knowing them and are your REAL friends, but having to actually find PINs, then request (they could say no), then bug everyone *they* share with. Get the picture?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by decypher44; 09-10-11 at 12:21 PM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-10-11 12:14 PM
    Alegs - you have access to 4k songs for $5/mo (after beta). There are other services that charge less for access to tens of thousands of songs. So, how does that make sense? Plus, you have to go the extra mile just to get contacts to share with. And hope that you like their songs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by decypher44; 09-10-11 at 12:20 PM.
    09-10-11 12:17 PM
    The social aspects makes sense to me. I can see what songs my contacts add and that way discover new artists I would never have thought about listening to.

All those "other" services (Pandora, Spotify, Google Music etc) do not work in Canada. BBM Music does.

I realize this is not for everyone. However it does suit my needs. I currently have a CDMA phone so streaming music is iffy at best. With BBM Music I can cache all my playlists and play them whenever I want.
    09-10-11 12:32 PM
    It doesn't look to me like the songs are actually stored on your device. It's all just in the cloud. Am I missing something or is that correct? I'd rather pay for a service that lets me download my own copy of music I like.
    09-12-11 08:58 AM
    It doesn't look to me like the songs are actually stored on your device. It's all just in the cloud. Am I missing something or is that correct? I'd rather pay for a service that lets me download my own copy of music I like.
    yeah all the songs are not in your device their all in the bbm music and the point of the app is to share your music with other and have them share their music with u... but not alot of features on it yet and there is still alot of songs i wish i can put on my music folder and put it into bbm music
    09-12-11 09:24 AM
    Seems like another aspect of social networking. For those that are into that I can see the point.

For me, there is no point. At my age I don't care what my peers are listening to anymore.

And my friends do not like my yoga, spa and meditation music. I learned this the hard way when I had Ringback Tones! LOL
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    09-12-11 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD