Australia, Canada, Columbia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, the United Kingdom and the United States is a nice start, but what's with the rest of world?

Enter your country in this thread.

NO BBM MUSIC LOVE FOR_____!
    08-25-11 05:15 PM
    No bbm music love for austria!
    08-25-11 05:15 PM
    it might have to do with rights... hence why its easier for the UK and NA...
    08-25-11 06:37 PM
    and FYI right now the beta is only in NA and UK
    08-25-11 06:37 PM
    RIM must think Brasilians deaf. No podcasts and now no BBM music.

Oh. Add Brasil to the list.
    08-25-11 09:08 PM
    Closed beta in NA and UK is ok!

But bbm music needs to be present in countries, where are no music services!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 03:52 AM
    Closed beta in NA and UK is ok!

But bbm music needs to be present in countries, where are no music services!
    It should be present whenever both requirements below apply:

1- BIS availability;
    2- BIG 4 Copyright properly represented;

And that's a very good part of the world.
    08-26-11 07:55 AM
    RIM must think Brasilians deaf. No podcasts and now no BBM music.

Oh. Add Brasil to the list.
    No PodCasts is just weak sauce.
    08-27-11 09:04 AM
    No PodCasts is just weak sauce.
    "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Really good advice.
    08-27-11 12:16 PM
    Listening music is no walk in the park. Each country has different laws as well as different organizations. It's not just the music labels that give clearance but the songwriter,performer and other associated groups that have to clear the licensing.
    08-27-11 01:39 PM
    Listening music is no walk in the park. Each country has different laws as well as different organizations. It's not just the music labels that give clearance but the songwriter,performer and other associated groups that have to clear the licensing.
    Of course it's hard work to make it global! But I believe this service will get best reward in those regions, that don't have plenty of music services!

08-27-11 02:17 PM
    Well we're talking the Big Four here (Sony/BMG, Warner, EMI, Universal)...

This is just an example: I know for a fact they (the four) have their copyrights covered here in Brasil. RIM offers BIS and devices all over the country throught at least 4 carriers. What would the issue be to make the beta available here (even if by invitation only and not directly via Beta Zone)?

If they already have a legal representation in a country (and I think they do worldwide, or at least in a large part or it), why not give it a real shake down test?

On a side note, how do they explain BlackBerry PodCasts not working in some countries? Even if it is a paid subscription, if you have access to a BB and BIS, chances are you're paying for the access too...
    08-27-11 02:44 PM
    No BBM Music for Uganda

08-28-11 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD