09-21-11 01:19 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    Such a great app! People who say negative things about it obviously don't understand the concept at all. I love that i don't have to add my bbm music contacts to my bbm contact list.

3500 songs and growing daily!
    09-18-11 08:05 PM
    Jesseh - wrong. People get the concept. It's the concept that's lame.

I've had tons of people that kept trying to add me to BBM just because they connected with me on BBMM. Ya, I really wanna chat with some chode living in some country far away, and have nothing in common.

And yes, I know I don't need to add people to BBM. Only some clueless knuckleheads think that.

If I'm expected to pay $ for an app, don't turn around and make me work for it, too. Pick one. Either charge me or make me work for it.

And if you charge me, make it unlimited.

Posted from my kick-*** 9930 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by decypher44; 09-18-11 at 08:50 PM.
    09-18-11 08:47 PM
    Jesseh - wrong. People get the concept. It's the concept that's lame.

I've had tons of people that kept trying to add me to BBM just because they connected with me on BBMM. Ya, I really wanna chat with some chode living in some country far away, and have nothing in common.

And yes, I know I don't need to add people to BBM. Only some clueless knuckleheads think that.

If I'm expected to pay $ for an app, don't turn around and make me work for it, too. Pick one. Either charge me or make me work for it.

And if you charge me, make it unlimited.

Posted from my kick-*** 9930 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Problem is if they make it unlimited it wouldn't be $5 a month any more, $5 I would pay, $10 I wouldn't. And no, you don't have to accept bbm requests, kindly decline them.
    09-19-11 02:28 AM
    Isn't Rdio unlimited streaming and offline on mobile for $4.99 a month? Don't see what the issue with a $4.99 price tag would be.

As it stands now BB music is so niche that it's almost non-factor because the quality of the music you get has more to do with what others' tastes are than your own.

That's the exact opposite of what most people expect out of a subscription music service.

Imagine if Slacker and Pandora told you that you won't get music matched around your likes and what you listen to, but what your friends like and listen to. Last.FM will now scrobble your friends, not you, but you'll get recommendations based on what it scrobbled from them. Stuff like that. That's what BBM Music smells like to me. If you happen to have friends with similar tastes, then it's awesome. Otherwise, "meh."

I do think the sharing is a decent concept, but just stopping there makes this a showstopper for a lot of people. You have to think way too long and way too hard to try to justify the cost for what you get, even though it's not that expensive. However, there are already better choices in that price range. The only advantage is that it's built-into BBM.
    09-19-11 03:14 AM
    Isn't Rdio unlimited streaming and offline on mobile for $4.99 a month? Don't see what the issue with a $4.99 price tag would be.

As it stands now BB music is so niche that it's almost non-factor because the quality of the music you get has more to do with what others' tastes are than your own.

That's the exact opposite of what most people expect out of a subscription music service.

Imagine if Slacker and Pandora told you that you won't get music matched around your likes and what you listen to, but what your friends like and listen to. Last.FM will now scrobble your friends, not you, but you'll get recommendations based on what it scrobbled from them. Stuff like that. That's what BBM Music smells like to me. If you happen to have friends with similar tastes, then it's awesome. Otherwise, "meh."

I do think the sharing is a decent concept, but just stopping there makes this a showstopper for a lot of people. You have to think way too long and way too hard to try to justify the cost for what you get, even though it's not that expensive. However, there are already better choices in that price range. The only advantage is that it's built-into BBM.
    I thought it was $10 per month, but anyway, Rdio/Pandora are North America only and Spotify don't support Blackberry yet.

Edit-

"What does it cost?
    Rdio Unlimited costs $9.99/month, and supports web, mobile and*supported media player*use. Rdio Web costs $4.99/month, and supports web use only."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 03:22 AM
    Why would I pay $5/month for music I don't own? These companies are selling nothing and making tons of money. If you cancel, what do you have? I guess you could argue they are selling you a service to listen to unlimited music, but you only get 50 songs of your own choosing, so not really. The on-demand feature is nice, but if you download less than 5 songs/month, better off with iTunes as you can keep forever.
    09-19-11 11:47 PM
    It's 1 meal at a fast food restaurant each month. I think I can squeeze it into my budget. $60 a year isn't much of a strain on my bank account.
    That's the mentality they are counting on...don't really need it, but hey, it's $5/month - no big deal.
    09-19-11 11:49 PM
    Kinda like my phone. It does a lot of things I don't really need, but I still pay the extra money for the features. None of these streaming music services are based on need. If you like the concept and the fee is worth it to you, great. If not, don't use the service. There are many of us who really like the concept. Pretty soon we will see who is willing to pay for it. I am.
    09-21-11 02:21 AM
    I listen to music a lot but, I enjoy Hi-Rez . Even my ear buds are premium. This service is Lame.
    09-21-11 06:11 AM
    I listen to music a lot but, I enjoy Hi-Rez . Even my ear buds are premium. This service is Lame.
    What codec and size do they use for this? HE-AAC? AAC+? MP3?
    09-21-11 01:19 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD