Hey CB Nation,
    Just my 2 cents uppon this matter. STOP COMPARING BBMM WITH SERVICES SUCH AS SLACKER / PANDORA.

Reason 1: NOT THE SAME THING AT ALL. only because the thing is a "streaming music service" is not a reason for them to be the same.

Reason 2: ONE IS SOCIAL NOT THE OTHER. Two situation

Using Pandora (or Whatever not socially enabled music platform) :
    Dude 1 : OMGGG WHAT A SONG
    DUDE 1 Text to DUDE 2
    *SMS* OMGG I WAS LISTENING TO THAT AWESOME SONG , DUDE LISTEN TO THAT SONG. You can get it via pandora, or any other cool service it is "Garbager - Brou
    *SMS no2 (since the last message was too long to be send)* "garbager - broutmoilcul"
    DUDE 2 (via SMS): Cool i'll listen to it.
    Odds of listening: close to zero

Using BBM MUSIC:
    DUDE 1: OMGGGG WHAT A SONG
    DUDE 1 BBM to DUDE 2
    *VIA BBMM* Hey listen to that
    Song actually starts to play by clicking on it.
    Odd of listening to 95%

Blackberry is all about efficiency, reducing the number of clic to reach the end. BBMM is IMHO will be a very efficient music Service.

REASON 3 : BBMM is not about qte...its about quality.
    Yeah you can stream a billion song, good for you. I got torrent for that.I've got my 16gb card full of music. BBMM is not the same thing: BBM actually allows me to listen to music CHOOSED to other listen to. I think one challenge for us, music addict, is to find new interresting music. Browsing into's people library is awesome. i mean. its like a dream come true. As a non professional DJ, i actually enjoy knowing what's hot so my playlist do not suck.

I think this ends my two cents. but i'm totally into this great service.
    aminrajabi, JR A and Jake2826 like this.
    08-29-11 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD