View Poll Results: Are you experiencing frequent pauses during playback? (not connectivity related)

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I have a 9930

3 14.29%
  • Yes, and I have a 9900

5 23.81%
  • No, and I have a 9930/9900

6 28.57%
  • Yes, and I'm using something other than a 9930/9900

3 14.29%
  • No, and I'm using something other than a 9930/9900

4 19.05%
    I'm continuing to have a serious problem with playback pausing frequently and without my intervention. Are others still experiencing the same problem? I can't get through to BBM Music support because their web form is broken and their e-mails go unanswered.

I have a 9930, and I think I read somewhere that this problem seems to be specific to the 9930 (maybe 9900 also). Since this has been a problem since the early days of the beta, I'm growing very impatient and am about to dump this otherwise great app because it's nearly useless if I can't get through a song without pausing.

This has nothing to do with connectivity. It happens on cached songs and in an area with strong Wi-Fi signal.

Anyway, I'm putting up a poll to see how common this problem is. But, if you have a solution for me, I'd LOVE to hear it.
    Last edited by Bulldawg; 11-29-11 at 02:33 PM.
    11-29-11 02:30 PM
    I'm continuing to have a serious problem with playback pausing frequently and without my intervention. Are others still experiencing the same problem? I can't get through to BBM Music support because their web form is broken and their e-mails go unanswered.

I have a 9930, and I think I read somewhere that this problem seems to be specific to the 9930 (maybe 9900 also). Since this has been a problem since the early days of the beta, I'm growing very impatient and am about to dump this otherwise great app because it's nearly useless if I can't get through a song without pausing.

This has nothing to do with connectivity. It happens on cached songs and in an area with strong Wi-Fi signal.

Anyway, I'm putting up a poll to see how common this problem is. But, if you have a solution for me, I'd LOVE to hear it.
    I'm having the same problem and I have a 9350 Curve. I've seen people complaining about it stopping when they get a SMS or BBM, mine just pauses out of no where. Its really aggrevating because I really love this app.
    12-06-11 02:26 PM
    My playback has been great! Was even playing music in the car and had no interruptions!

Maybe it is your carriers network?
    12-06-11 02:34 PM
    Not very common I would say from the results of the poll. I voted with you, I have a 9930 and it was pausing for no apparent reason. My music was all stored on the devise, so I'm sure it was not a connection issue, it would also happen with good wifi connection.

I started looking for other reasons that might be causing the issue. As part of this, I went through all the apps on my phone and got rid of the ones I don't use. One of the things I was looking at is the apps that seem to always be running in the background. I had installed the gift of "DriveSafe.ly" and noticed it running in the background even when disabled.

After removing the unused apps and then one last battery pull just for good measure last night, I have used the BBM Music app for about 4 hours off and on today without any pause at all.

Good luck with yours!

Apps I uninstalled:
    DriveSafe.ly Pro
    Google Talk
    Pandora
    Twitter

Not knocking these apps, I just found that I never used them. I'm on the second day now after uninstalling these with no pause at all.
    Last edited by connert; 12-09-11 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added uninstalled apps.
    12-08-11 03:08 PM
    I just noticed a common occurance with my bbm music. My music will stop around the 2 minute mark after letting the phone go idle. If left untouched the music starts and stops again. After the second stoppage it will play without issue. If I keep browsing or using the phone in any way the music plays without fail.

The phone going to sleep seems to be the issue with bbm music. Does something happen during this time that can be fixed with a setting? When your music pauses is it during the same time frame as mine?

There are other times when the playback fails but it will pause like I described above every time I stop using the phone and let it go to sleep/stand by

***found a fix for my situation***

I ended up finding a fix for my problem and now bbm music is smooth! Every time my phone went in to standby it would pause. I had to disable memory clean. This option was setup to clean cache or other items when the phone was not in use.
    now.

Hope this helps!
    I have not noticed any ill effects by switching this but I certainly can enjoy the music
    Last edited by Double_J75; 01-22-12 at 08:50 AM.
    12-11-11 08:18 AM
    I have a 9650 and have never experienced this problem. I have over 1800 songs on a sandisk 16gb memorycard. I've updated my OS several times from OS5 to OS6 and still no problem with playback from music or video. What type memory card are you using, how large is your memory card and how old is it. These may be contributing factors .....sorry misread op's post. I don't use BBM music have enough of my own music .....
    Last edited by spencerdl; 12-11-11 at 08:58 AM.
    12-11-11 08:54 AM
    I just noticed a common occurance with my bbm music. My music will stop around the 2 minute mark after letting the phone go idle. If left untouched the music starts and stops again. After the second stoppage it will play without issue. If I keep browsing or using the phone in any way the music plays without fail.

The phone going to sleep seems to be the issue with bbm music. Does something happen during this time that can be fixed with a setting? When your music pauses is it during the same time frame as mine?

There are other times when the playback fails but it will pause like I described above every time I stop using the phone and let it go to sleep/stand by
    This is the same thing I was going through. After uninstalling apps (see above) the issue has gone away.
    12-11-11 09:16 AM
    I got it! I was having the same problem for a long long time and I already lost hope of finding a solution but 2 days ago I tried a reinstall of the OS and also I turned off compression and I hadn't had a single pause. I played like 20 songs so far!
    12-13-11 11:31 AM
    Oh . I also uninstalled some apps coz I also have an issue with the battery. I got rid of berrybuzz,fancy smiley,getglue,groupme,kobo,ispeech and vlingo .
    12-13-11 11:40 AM
    one more thing, I also disabled memory cleaning. SO I don't really know what fixed it but those were the things I did to stop the annoying pauses!

HTH!
    12-14-11 06:40 AM
    Memory cleaning! I had that enabled and I just turned it off. It didn't pause once I turned off memory cleaning! Thanks guys!
    12-14-11 08:32 PM
    On a 9900/7.0.0.474 (and all the prior versions), and live in NYC, therefore take the subway a lot. When in the subway have no service so I shut off radio and play cached music, but with dozens of stoppages, which is crazy because the music is stored on my phone. I actually bought a 32GB Micro SDHC card just to be able to cache tons of BBM Music stuff, and have thought maybe the large card size is part of the problem? No matter what it is it's annoying. Very annoying!
    -bill
    12-16-11 04:53 AM
    really could vote for this twice, once for each bb 9650 in our household. i blame it on sprint's crummy network. today it took more than half an hour to update an app from bb app world. sometimes i'm told to check my connection while using apps or online. when that happens, phone options shows me my connections are all good/ also opera will test connection as well, do that and inevitably also shows my connection is fine and active. so is down to sprint towers. very frustrating, but i don't blame the phone. there are times when i can stream w/o issues for a half hour straight.

edit: i do have some songs stored on the memory card, also pauses. could it be cause app is attemptin to update /share w connection issues kickin in? will try disabling sharing what i play w/ bbm and see if that affects it, as well as another session re-enable that and disable memory cleaning on idle. may take me a while to get back here with results.
    Last edited by cherimoya; 01-10-12 at 09:16 PM.
    01-10-12 09:08 PM
    Bumping this thread as I found a fix for my issue. Post #5
    01-22-12 08:52 AM
    another thing, i dont see the memory auto so havent tested it but am finding that since i setup leaveiton with promo last week, and set it to stay on in bbm music, only outages i get are buffering/ network.
    02-21-12 03:43 PM
    Easy solution when paused i've found:

I only get it pausing once and a while IF i'm buffering songs (songs that are not stored on my device), If it's buffering and i click on another song or two, sometimes too many clicks trips itself up causing a playback pause. For me i have a 9900, to easily get out of the pause i just go to my list of 50songs then i pick one of mine and 99% of the time it always gets out of the pause. However for songs that are stored to my media card (using wi-fi is the best to store songs) it NEVER pauses for me, Creating playlists are awesome! :]
    03-08-12 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD