Recently I have seen, and heard users complaining about friends lack of songs. When viewing music from your contacts it won't show all the songs. Many people on see a fraction of the songs on others list.

I am not sure when this started but it seems to be after the last upgrade.

I have heard things like digital rights in different areas or just a software issue.
    12-27-11 04:33 PM
    Recently I have seen, and heard users complaining about friends lack of songs. When viewing music from your contacts it won't show all the songs. Many people on see a fraction of the songs on others list.

I am not sure when this started but it seems to be after the last upgrade.

I have heard things like digital rights in different areas or just a software issue.
    It most likey is due to the fact of the rights. Different countries get access to different songs. If someone is saying you only have 30 songs but you do in fact have 50 ask them what country they are in.
    12-29-11 11:49 AM
    I've lost all access to my friends songs. I only have mine. I was told to contact my service provider and get put through to RIM(not too sure why they didn't just tell me to contact RIM)
    12-30-11 05:03 AM
    Interesting thing I just noticed. When I click on a friends list I see 30 songs let's say. Some of them are only previews for me though - I can't play the full track. I am not referring to their play list but their chosen songs.

I assumed it was digital rights as mentioned but then I searched for the song(s) and I can make it part of my 50 if I wanted. How can that be??
    01-10-12 03:35 PM
    I just spoke with rim. My issue was due to the friends on my contact list have allowed there subscription to run out.
    KB29307-Only able to listen to 30 second preview for a friend's song when the friend's BBM Music subscription has expired

Guess I will start deleting them :s
    01-10-12 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD