I have been using BBM Music for a couple of weeks and I think its a great app and should have been release much sooner. Here are my thoughts on how it can be improved:

PlayBook integration: I take public transit to work and surf the web on my PlayBook, which is bridged to my BB Storm. If I want to use my playbook and listen to BBM Music, I have to take out (and hold) two devices, which I find awkward. It would be nice that BBM Music was accessible and fully controllable via BB bridge.

Disconnected usability: I busted my bandwidth limit for the month so I turned off data services until the bandwidth counter gets reset. The application does not really work well when it is not connected and its hard to play songs that have already been cached on the phone. I simply cant see a list of songs that have been cached and have to go through the list of my activities to individually play a song.

Web interface: I find adding songs cumbersome on my BB Storm. A web interface would be much simpler and quicker as you could copy and paste songs/artists, etc.

Poor Search: Searching for strings like "dance remix" returned very few results. I know there are songs with that string in the title as I see those songs when searching by artist.
    11-27-11 01:51 PM
    BBM Music does not work in South Africa.

I downloaded it and it say not available in ur country.

Anyway to make it work....
    11-28-11 06:57 AM
    I would also like to see it work with the Playbook and a web interface is a need more than a need than a want. I hope RIM is planning to launch a service that allows us to purchase music within the app and add it to our play lists even if we cannot share these tracks. I have tried a couple of the 3rd party music services but I don't want to maintain two sets of play lists. Overall I think its a great service and will purchase for at least a month or two after the free trial is up before making a long term commitment.
    11-28-11 02:12 PM
    I have been using BBM Music for a couple of weeks and I think its a great app and should have been release much sooner. Here are my thoughts on how it can be improved:

Disconnected usability: I busted my bandwidth limit for the month so I turned off data services until the bandwidth counter gets reset. The application does not really work well when it is not connected and its hard to play songs that have already been cached on the phone. I simply cant see a list of songs that have been cached and have to go through the list of my activities to individually play a song.

Web interface: I find adding songs cumbersome on my BB Storm. A web interface would be much simpler and quicker as you could copy and paste songs/artists, etc.

Poor Search: Searching for strings like "dance remix" returned very few results. I know there are songs with that string in the title as I see those songs when searching by artist.
    You have the option to stream music only via Wifi, so that should save your data, and you can save the song to your phone for offline use.

I also agree with your suggestions of adding a web interface to manage things easier and improving the search.
    11-28-11 04:40 PM
    You have the option to stream music only via Wifi
    Not with a Storm 1
    11-30-11 09:24 PM
    BBM Music is so depended on content rights per country which RIM is still chipping away at. As soon as that is sorted it rolls out. So South Africans shouldn't lose hope. In addition the servers need to be up to the task as it would be pointless to roll it out only for the system to crash.
    As for my friend with a Storm 1, BBM Music is 2011 service you are given access to on a device outted in 2008 (unlimited data plans were still commonplace back then). I would be happy about that. Unfortunately the experience is not wholesome as intended.
    12-01-11 08:21 AM
    i just picked up my 64GB PlayBook with the intent of replacing my laptop. so far, so good accept for the music situation. i sent all my music to my PB using Wi-Fi from my PC no problem, but what i really want is a way to purchase new music on my PB or BB and have access on both devices. Perhaps the BB multimedia services program will fix this, but for now I am out of luck. I LOVE my PB, hope this issue is resolved soon.
    01-29-12 03:27 PM
    On the 9900 you can sort your music by songs stored on device first. That would help you figure out what ones you can play or not play if you turned off your network

I do agree with pb integration though!
    01-29-12 07:45 PM
    Yeah, playbook integration would be nice especially aucr the pearl screen is so small
    02-10-12 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD