01-25-12 02:45 PM
28 12
tools
    I was spending way more than $4.99 a month for downloads on Amazon. Currently at 2,500 songs and enough variety to make a playlist for all occasions. Back in the day, we used to PAY for music. Many users I don't even know have contacted me to share music, so I didn't need actual friends with Blackberries who use BBMM, but it would have been better to share songs with close friends.

Adult Alternative, punk, old school R&B, eclectic 280E645F
    12-04-11 07:47 PM
    I used the service during the beta and for a month after it went live, and I decided that for now, it is not what I want.

For me, the price was not the barrier; let's be honest, $5 is the price of a latte somewhere. For me, it was that I have to go out and find other users to break through the 50 song cap. None of my friends are going to get BBM Music and I can't send PIN messages outside of the BES we use. I'm not comfortable leaving my PIN on an ad-hoc community like this, so there is no way for me to 'discover' and connect with other users. RIM could address this with a website for people to connect with other people. Or they could offer lazy privacy nuts like me, a $10 all-you-can eat option with no sharing, if that would cause them problems for the mid-tier subscription.

Turns out I just wanted Rdio with a RIM interface. When they offer it, I'm willing to give them my cash.
    12-06-11 11:04 AM
    I used the service during the beta and for a month after it went live, and I decided that for now, it is not what I want.

For me, the price was not the barrier; let's be honest, $5 is the price of a latte somewhere. For me, it was that I have to go out and find other users to break through the 50 song cap. None of my friends are going to get BBM Music and I can't send PIN messages outside of the BES we use. I'm not comfortable leaving my PIN on an ad-hoc community like this, so there is no way for me to 'discover' and connect with other users. RIM could address this with a website for people to connect with other people. Or they could offer lazy privacy nuts like me, a $10 all-you-can eat option with no sharing, if that would cause them problems for the mid-tier subscription.

Turns out I just wanted Rdio with a RIM interface. When they offer it, I'm willing to give them my cash.
    I had similar reservations.

The contacts are not added into your actual BBM and because of the inherent security of the BIS services, i feel absolutely zero threat from adding random people on BBMM. I am loving the app, and the thousands of songs. Give it a chance.
    01-25-12 02:45 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD