Call me a snob, but I have a pretty nice sound system and I'd prefer to use that than listening through the crappy (in comparison) phone speakers.

I have a Pioneer receiver (VSX-1120) and Wifi in my Apt. Using the headphone jack is the most obvious, however not ideal as that would be using an analog output and my receiver would re-digitize the signal again. Not ideal. What are some ways to get digital music from this to a home network/sound system.

Now, MY reciever does have a front USB port, but its for iPod/iPhone control. Not sure it could read and navigate my BB. I know it couldn't navigate or run BB Music so forget about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-19-11 10:56 AM
    Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway. Sounds decent, it won't blow your socks off but it's much, much better than the phone speakers.
    09-19-11 11:01 AM
    I use bluetooth to listen in my car. It sounds much better than the line in.
    09-19-11 11:05 AM
    I was thinkng of that too. My Samsung home theater can read my Torch via USB with no issues. I don't have BBM Music (anyone? ) and was wondering how the system fares. It should be possible to make a dock (like the one izombies use). A pity BB do not do different orientations well (bold, curve, flippin' style etc) because the port is on the side. You've just raised something the QNX team need to think of on that pesky charging port that somehow is oddly placed on the side. Always found it weird. It has to migrate to the BOTTOM immediately to encourage docking.
    Last edited by Blackberry_boffin; 09-20-11 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo
    09-19-11 11:37 AM
    Another vote for the Bluetooth audio gateway. It's pretty cheap and it works great. I love mine for when I'm at home. When I'm in the car I just use the line in my stereo has.
    09-19-11 01:33 PM
    I am using a Motorola DC800 Bluetooth Home Stereo Adapter that I got used on Ebay. Does the same thing that the Blackberry Gateway, but not as pretty - On advantage, the Motorola comes with its own power supply

It is working great !
    09-19-11 03:29 PM
    I am using a Motorola DC800 Bluetooth Home Stereo Adapter that I got used on Ebay. Does the same thing that the Blackberry Gateway, but not as pretty - On advantage, the Motorola comes with its own power supply

It is working great !
    My BlackBerry one came with its own power supply. I think the older ones did not.
    09-19-11 04:06 PM
    I use it in my car and plus it to my speakers in the washroom and in my room

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 07:40 AM
    Man, I totally forgot about Bluetooth. I went and grabbed a BT dongle for my receiver last night. It was half off at Best Buy, plus I had a GC to cover half the rest. Works great for my phone. Just waiting for the PB to get A2DP. Thanks guys. Keep them coming if anyone have any different setups like over network or something.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 09-21-11 at 12:11 PM.
    09-20-11 10:04 AM
    Yea, I can't believe I forgot I bluetooth also. Going to try it tonight.
    09-23-11 05:51 PM
    Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway. Sounds decent, it won't blow your socks off but it's much, much better than the phone speakers.
    Ok, now I am curious. I use a 3.5 mm cable to connect my 9700 to my home stereo and my car stereo. And I see one of the ways to connect the Music Gateway is using a 3.5 mm audio cable. What gives? I know the obvious benefit is being able to hold your BB where you want if it's in range, but what about the audio quality? Is it the same? Better?
    09-23-11 06:35 PM
    I use Bluetooth all over, use it in my ride to my Pioneer head unit, use Motorola Bluetooth headphones while working out, and Bluetooth to my Yamaha home theater.
    09-23-11 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD