Withdrawn unable to delete
    Last edited by jrohland; 03-27-12 at 06:14 PM.
    11-03-11 03:59 PM
    10 million songs isn't extensive?

It may be that artists you're searching for are not under one of the labels that RIM has gone into agreement with for this service.
    11-03-11 04:00 PM
    1. I'd would like when I'm playing a song in BBMM for it to show what I'm listening to in BBM
    2. I think it be great to have the option to make your BBMM status also be posted as your personal message in BBM.
    3. Integration with other social media, like Twitter and FB
    4. Be able to search for contacts by username

This being said, I love BBMM! It is a great idea and much cheaper option than spotify's 9.99. Good job RIM.
    Disparishun likes this.
    11-03-11 05:39 PM
    I have never found a song Amazon does not have. Although sometimes you have to buy an album to get it. Three searches on BBMM today did not find what I was looking for. So no, 10,000,000 is not enough. Maybe if it was 10,000,003 would have been enough.
    which songs?
    11-03-11 08:21 PM
    this is also my first day using BBMM, so far I havn't done much (as I'm quite slow, and it takes me awhile to get used to new things, lol.)
    I was under the impression that I would be able to take my songs from my current music stored on my phone and make a playlist on BBM Music, but that doesn't seem possible!

I'm happy with this new app, I think it's a great way to find new music!
    11-03-11 08:57 PM
    I still am trying to figure out why I installed this and used it for 2 months through the beta zone but now the official release is unavailable for my 9670.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    11-03-11 09:07 PM
    My shortlist, one day in:

1a. BBM Music to see and play the music I have in BlackBerry Music, and in 7digital's cloud.
    1b. to know how to talk to a cloud service -- any one -- to which I could upload what I have in BlackBerry Music.
    2. BBM Music for PlayBook. Including hitting that cloud service that has my non-BBM-Music music in it.
    3. BlackBerry Music player's rolling BBM status message ported over to BBM Music: great idea.
    11-04-11 10:33 AM
    My shortlist, one day in:

1a. BBM Music to see and play the music I have in BlackBerry Music, and in 7digital's cloud.
    1b. to know how to talk to a cloud service -- any one -- to which I could upload what I have in BlackBerry Music.
    2. BBM Music for PlayBook. Including hitting that cloud service that has my non-BBM-Music music in it.
    3. BlackBerry Music player's rolling BBM status message ported over to BBM Music: great idea.

+1 for BBM Music for PlayBook. I would pay $5/month for that.
    11-04-11 10:47 AM
    We all need to understand RIM makes special licensing deals to allow the sharing of these songs. They can't allow songs to be shared if they have not been licensed for that. That is why only songs from the BBMM catalog are permitted. I think they could make deals with other distributors--like Amazon--so we could purchase songs from those distributors with a sharing license.
    That's relevant to some of the suggestions you quoted, but not most.

This is music that is already licensed for playback -- you just have to bounce between apps to get to it. I think that the issue here is APIs, and whether 7digital's store has one.

Could involve licensing, depending on local copyright laws. But because it does not involve sharing, only cloud-based playback, many jurisdictions (including Canada, following passage of draft copyright legislation) would probably not have a licensing issue.

Separately, even without a cloud service, really need to be able to my music in a single app, without having to toggle between BlackBerry Music and BBM Music...

Not a licensing issue, except to the extent there is one with 1b. As a PB owner, we need this!

Not a licensing issue.
    11-06-11 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD