Just got a invite! Just wanna clarify as long its beta is it totally free or will I start being charged $5 after a month?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 11:01 PM
    It's still in beta, so it should be free until they launch.
    09-18-11 12:20 AM
    I think the first month is free.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 12:21 AM
    Beta is free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 10:02 AM
    My beta subscription is active until the 24th (that's what it says in Options). I downloaded on August 25th so we get 30 free days before they will ask for a subscription (paid) service, I assume.
    09-18-11 11:35 AM
    Subscription types
    Several subscription types are available depending on your wireless service provider, country, or region.
    Free trial account: When you start using BBM Music, you'll get a free trial account. With the free trial account you can use all the features of a premium account for a limited amount of time. At a point during this free trial, you'll be asked to enter your payment information so you can continue your trial and you enjoy BBM Music with a premium account once your trial is complete.
    Premium account: With premium account you can use all the features and functions of BBM Music and you can listen to your music and your friends' music. You can build your profile, create playlists, listen to songs (online and offline), and much more!
    Preview account: You can use BBM Music with out a paid subscription, by using a preview account after your trial is completed. Using a preview account you can create a profile of music, discover your friends' music, but you can only listen to 30 second previews of songs. You can upgrade from a preview account to a premium account at any time.

After your trial period ends, you can continue to use BBM Music without a paid subscription. When you play a song using a free account, you can only play 30 second previews of most songs. Subscribing to BBM Music allows you to use all of the available features.
    1.On the screen that appears when your trial ends, click Subscribe.
    2.Complete the fields on the screen.
    3.Click OK.
    09-18-11 12:21 PM
    Has it been officially launched? Not sure I'd like being charged to beta test something.
    09-18-11 03:36 PM
    How will they bill: pay pal, carrier or credit card?
    09-18-11 08:25 PM
    Do we know for sure when the official version will be released? I've had the Beta for a few weeks but was going to sign my wife up as well, but if the Beta will end on September 24th, it's not really worth it.
    09-18-11 10:11 PM
    Subscription types
    Several subscription types are available depending on your wireless service provider, country, or region.
    Free trial account: When you start using BBM Music, you'll get a free trial account. With the free trial account you can use all the features of a premium account for a limited amount of time. At a point during this free trial, you'll be asked to enter your payment information so you can continue your trial and you enjoy BBM Music with a premium account once your trial is complete.
    Premium account: With premium account you can use all the features and functions of BBM Music and you can listen to your music and your friends' music. You can build your profile, create playlists, listen to songs (online and offline), and much more!
    Preview account: You can use BBM Music with out a paid subscription, by using a preview account after your trial is completed. Using a preview account you can create a profile of music, discover your friends' music, but you can only listen to 30 second previews of songs. You can upgrade from a preview account to a premium account at any time.

After your trial period ends, you can continue to use BBM Music without a paid subscription. When you play a song using a free account, you can only play 30 second previews of most songs. Subscribing to BBM Music allows you to use all of the available features.
    1.On the screen that appears when your trial ends, click Subscribe.
    2.Complete the fields on the screen.
    3.Click OK.
    Thanks for posting. This doesn't change my mind. A preview mode is not very useful, in my opinion. I suggested to them that they need to fix this. If it's going to cost 4.99, have your songs and friends be unlimited. Then, implement a lite version that is free which caps your songs at 50 and maybe caps your friends. This is a much better way of doing it. If it stands like this, I'll be removing it from my device. None of my real (not cyber) friends will be willing to pay for this, and it's not worth it just to have 30 sec previews.
    09-19-11 12:26 PM
    Thanks for posting. This doesn't change my mind. A preview mode is not very useful, in my opinion. I suggested to them that they need to fix this. If it's going to cost 4.99, have your songs and friends be unlimited. Then, implement a lite version that is free which caps your songs at 50 and maybe caps your friends. This is a much better way of doing it. If it stands like this, I'll be removing it from my device. None of my real (not cyber) friends will be willing to pay for this, and it's not worth it just to have 30 sec previews.
    Yeah, I agree Laura, not gonna be much use for 30 second previews and I think a lot of people are going to drop it when it comes time to pay $5/mo for what it is now. IMHO
    09-19-11 01:05 PM
    To me, $2.99 would seem to be a reasonable price point where I think they could do ok with this. As it is, I think only early adopters and/or tech-heads are going to use it, I don't think they'll make any dent with casual users.
    09-19-11 08:18 PM
    Why would I pay $5/month for music I don't own? These companies are selling nothing and making tons of money. If you cancel, what do you have? I guess you could argue they are selling you a service to listen to unlimited music, but you only get 50 songs of your own choosing, so not really. The on-demand feature is nice, but if you download less than 5 songs/month, better off with iTunes as you can keep forever.
    09-19-11 11:45 PM
    Why would I pay $5/month for music I don't own? These companies are selling nothing and making...
    Seriously, did you have to post exactly the same thing in two threads to make your point?

Rather than turning this thread into another rant about the price, has anyone found an answer to the OP's question? Will beta testers start paying after a month, or do we get to keep it free until the public release? Only 4 more days until the first beta testers run out of time. It's not ready for public release, IMO, so I'm betting some people will start running out of their 30 days.
    09-20-11 08:11 AM
    I'm really surprised we haven't received more communication from BZ on this. Why haven't they emailed us to tell us about our subscription options yet? I mean, my trial period ends in 3 days.
    09-21-11 09:07 AM
    edit-

Nevermind, just saw this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/new-bbm...-again-654287/
    Last edited by psiclne; 09-29-11 at 09:47 PM.
    09-29-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD