I have been using BBM Music since it came out in BetaZone. I don't seem to see anything online about the present or future of BBMM. I see alot of new people on BBMM, mostly from the UK, but I notice alot of subscribers have dropped from my connections list since June. The Crackberry forums for BBMM look deader than the 71XX forums. Anybody have any news?
    07-21-12 05:08 PM
    I noticed alot of drops but also alot of new people. I also think it could be a renewal problem my wife and my friend and mine all had a renewal problem once and a while have call rim to fix. :/
    07-21-12 05:42 PM
    I still don't even know what it's for
    07-21-12 07:53 PM
    I still don't even know what it's for
    It's for Jammin your rocks off!
    07-21-12 08:19 PM
    I'm guessing its one of the projects Thorsten Heins pared off when he took over. That's about the time we stopped hearing anything about it.

Everyone I know personally that I got excited about it stopped as soon as they had to pay for it. I do know one co worker who listens to it exclusively but again it really has more to do with me being a rim cheerleader than anything else.

The main problem is its really cool to anyone who really understands what its for. (finding new music by matching you with people with similar tastes). But I'm not real sure its possible to explain that to anyone in under 15 min. Its an app you sorta have to use for a couple days to really get. Hard to market that.
    07-24-12 03:00 AM
    I tend to think if there could be a little more social interaction. BBM group chats by music genre might hold people's attention a bit longer. I like the exposure to music I didn't have access to before. Just like other products, I plan on riding out BBMM to the bitter end. BBMM shouldn't be a priority for RIM but I hope it is profitable enough to continue development.
    07-25-12 10:20 PM
    It was a good idea but just not really done right to have caught on. For what you pay you didn't get enough... May as well subscribe to another service (like I have).

Everybody I knew just about that used it dropped when rim said it was no longer free. A poll taken by crackberry Showed only 5% or so of users showing an interest after the gi g for the service started. I believe the service is only worth $.99/month and at that psychological-below-one dollar-level it may have been more successful.
    08-06-12 03:04 PM
    BBM Music - Where I wish it would go. - BlackBerry Forums - N4BB

I wrote a post on another forum
    because I do believe BBMM is viable, it just isn't being implemented right, check out my feelings, feel free to join and make a comment there, or post here and tell me how wrong I am
    08-07-12 12:27 AM
    I don't believe it is a viable music option for BB users. You cannot add your own music, the music selection changes from time to time. Songs will be added (yah!!), but others have just disappeared on me. I would get a message that this song is no longer a part of the library. I am not going to have my set of songs randomly disappear because minor contract negotiations fail between RIM and whatever label/company they use to link their music with their service.

The price is waaaaay too expensive for what is offered. The selections are rather limited.

There is nowhere for it to go. It never went anywhere to begin with. Bad decision to implement, and even worse to have it continue (@ $5/month, it's like a kick to the nutz!!).

I suppose they could offer it bundled with BIS/BES service (I still wouldn't touch it) Maybe I am in the minority? Who knows. Right now, if you want to connect on BBM with other music lovers, start a group and set your BBM status to show what you are listening to. The whole BBMM left a bad taste in my mouth.

afaiac BBMM isn't even relevant.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-07-12 at 12:13 PM.
    08-07-12 12:06 PM
    BBM Music - Where I wish it would go. - BlackBerry Forums - N4BB

I wrote a post on another forum
    because I do believe BBMM is viable, it just isn't being implemented right, check out my feelings, feel free to join and make a comment there, or post here and tell me how wrong I am

Wow those are some awesome ideas!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-16-12 10:33 AM
    BBMM really needs to add a function to assist in finding users who share similar music tastes. Unless you are into pop/top 40 or hip-hop/rap it can be a challenge. I believe it is geared more towards top 40 folks especially considering the 50 song limitation. Every month you can switch out what's fallen off the charts with what's new.

The social aspect does seem to be lost on some people. then again some people take it too far and start adding you to BBM before even commenting or starting a discussion with you.

The one thing that keeps me hanging on is that they have a couple of my favourite albums that aren't available to me on another subscription service I have. So I've used my 50 songs for those albums/EPs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    08-17-12 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD