11-17-11 02:15 PM
28 12
tools
    How many people right now would trade in these free apps blackberry is offering in exchange for bbm music to be free, permanetly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 07:23 AM
    I didn't get any of the three if those are the ones you mean, I'll only get something that I will use. I hear what you're saying about the trade off but I don't think we'll be seeing any free music any time soon (from anyone). That's my two cents.

At only $0.17 a day I think the app is definitely worth it though.
    Last edited by North-Face; 11-04-11 at 07:45 AM.
    11-04-11 07:43 AM
    Sure I'd trade in those free apps for even a year subscription to BBM Music.
    Starting to think $5/month actually isn't that bad though
    11-04-11 10:45 AM
    Definitely would, even for 6mths as that seems more reasonable. The gift apps are just a waste of time for me as so far they have only offered apps that don't interest me & there are hardly any that i would use also where as 6mths free bbmm would be more to my liking.
    11-04-11 04:25 PM
    Honestly I would pay the 5$/mnth (thought it was 10$) thing is I know more than most of my friends won't wanna do this. So why use the app then?)

11-04-11 04:46 PM
    I am happy to have Shazam and Vlingo for free. Both are good. ThouhI cant see using Vlingo too regularly.

Bbmm is a different topic. On January 1st I am going to happily pay $5/month. My plan is to skip one large latte on the first Tuesday of the month, aaaannnd Paid For. Really a no-brainer to me.

Theres a bit of relief from having legally acquired music and not feeling gouged at all. Plus its in such a cool social format, its a great differentiator from Slacker et al.

Up to 3900 songs, feel free to share your tunes with me PIN: 27F40783

Zetti and NuNalij like this.
    11-04-11 06:43 PM
    Honestly I would pay the 5$/mnth (thought it was 10$) thing is I know more than most of my friends won't wanna do this. So why use the app then?)

maybe because you don't need your friends to use it to share music with others who do?

seriously, go read something.
    11-04-11 11:53 PM
    I would be down for a 1 time fee,but pass on the monthly .
    11-05-11 01:39 AM

cause they dont have to be real friends to share their music!!
    11-05-11 09:04 AM
    well for whatever reason we get to pay $5.99 per mth here in australia, and we only get a 30 day trial.
    11-05-11 09:13 AM
    ^ That sucks but I bet BB Music is not the only item that this happens with.
    11-05-11 09:19 AM
    ^ That sucks but I bet BB Music is not the only item that this happens with.
    not it's not -all the apps are dearer and yet the aus $ is better than the usd and has been for quite some time.
    11-05-11 09:26 AM
    Even though $5 isn't much money, I don't see the point.

I really like BBM Music and think its an awesome idea but there are other free music services (Pandora, Spotify, Youtube, Slacker, etc...) and I can listen to my own music on my phone for free.

I like the social networking part of BBM Music but paying $5 every month for that is not worth it to me.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 09:06 PM
    Even though $5 isn't much money, I don't see the point.

I really like BBM Music and think its an awesome idea but there are other free music services (Pandora, Spotify, Youtube, Slacker, etc...) and I can listen to my own music on my phone for free.

I like the social networking part of BBM Music but paying $5 every month for that is not worth it to me.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Don't forget that RIM pays copyrights to the record companies.
    So, what can you get for 5$/month: 25 new songs + eventually 25*[the number of you BBM Music friends] new songs.
    Imagine you are buying a new album every month. Usually it contains 10-15 tracks and costs more than 5$.
    Don't think about BBM Music as music purchase service ... it is more like renting music service.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    11-05-11 09:44 PM
    Don't forget that RIM pays copyrights to the record companies.

So, what can you get for 5$/month: 25 new songs + eventually 25*[the number of you BBM Music friends] new songs.

Imagine you are buying a new album every month. Usually it contains 10-15 tracks and costs more than 5$.

Don't think about BBM Music as music purchase service ... it is more like renting music service.

I get it, but I don't wanna pay $60/yr to rent music.

I LOVE music and like to own it. I still by CD's and buy albums online.

I don't know, just doesn't seem like something I wanna pay for.

Maybe a one time $5, but not monthly.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 09:48 PM
    If u don't pay the monthly fee, can u still use it?

Like can u still comment on other friends playlists and songs? I would keep it to that if its free.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 09:50 PM
    I get it, but I don't wanna pay $60/yr to rent music.
    I LOVE music and like to own it. I still by CD's and buy albums online.
    I don't know, just doesn't seem like something I wanna pay for.
    Maybe a one time $5, but not monthly.
    I guess it is a matter of personal preference.
    If you buy music every month and own a huge collection, maybe you will not see any value in this service.
    If you prefer to listen to your own music and don't want to "experiment" with other's music preferences - definitely you will see no value in this service.

On the other hand, I must agree that 5$/month is a fee that is suitable for US, Canada, UK, France ... and couple more countries. For the rest of the world, where salaries cannot compare with these countries, this is a bit expensive.
    11-05-11 10:06 PM
    BBM Music is free for two months. Try it, share it with friends on BBM and then decide. I'm still thinking about it but I'm liking it.
    11-05-11 10:48 PM
    BBM Music is free for two months. Try it, share it with friends on BBM and then decide. I'm still thinking about it but I'm liking it.

2 months free? I installed it Nov 3rd and my expiration date says Dec 3rd :/

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-06-11 03:25 PM
    This info may help:

PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION: The Premium ‘full track’ BBM Music experience is available for a monthly subscription of $4.99 USD ($4.99 CDN and $5.99 AUD). The Premium version will feature a free Premium trial offer.

Free Premium trial offer*: With the free Premium trial offer, you can use all the features of a Premium subscription for a limited time. Get up to 2 months* free in US and Canada, and one month free in Australia.

Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    11-06-11 06:12 PM
    Though I liked BBM Music I never, even for free, would have made it my primary music app... I like Pandora and Tunein Radio too much. So the day announced the $5 a month subscription news was the same day I deleted the app.
    11-06-11 07:40 PM
    i dont see myself paying monthly for it. Hopefully they have a free and paid version, by limiting access based on service.

I like the social parts, but its just not worth $5 EVERY month. I would consider 1.99 or less.
    11-08-11 07:44 PM
    RIM wants $5/month because they can't just give you songs for free. These things have royalty fees don't they. $5 seems reasonable, it is the price of a coffee

I'm going to pay the $5 but the only thing I would want is to be able to swap as many songs as I want, not just 25/month. $5/month with unlimited swaps would be excellent
    11-09-11 05:53 PM
    RIM wants $5/month because they can't just give you songs for free. These things have royalty fees don't they. $5 seems reasonable, it is the price of a coffee

I'm going to pay the $5 but the only thing I would want is to be able to swap as many songs as I want, not just 25/month. $5/month with unlimited swaps would be excellent

Yeah, but I would rather pay nothing every month and deal with a 10 second ad.

I wouldn't pay for Pandora, Spotify, or this. Just doesn't seem like a reasonable expense.

$60/yr to rent music? No thanks.

That's why I hope they introduce different service options. Including a free one

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 05:57 PM
    oh! So there is a Free option:

FREE SUBSCRIPTION: There will also be a Free subscription to the service that delivers the same social experience as the Premium subscription, but with 30 second song previews versus full song tracks. After your Free Premium trial offer period ends, you can opt to continue using BBM Music without a paid subscription by using this Free subscription. You can upgrade from a Free subscription to a Premium subscription at any time.

from the Blackberry blog: BBM Music is here for BlackBerry smartphones! Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

Thats good enough for me.
    11-10-11 09:51 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD