Love the service. But it needs a couple things to keep me around.

1. A way to star, or like your friends. I have 80 contacts, many I don't know personally, when I notice one has really good taste I should be able to mark them so I can easily get back to them.

2. A way to star or like a song! I know I can add it to a playlist, but then if I lose access its gone.

3. And this links the two requests above together. A way to automix a playlist for me. My collection is a a bunch of songs some that I hate, some that I love. The service should be able to give me 50 songs I like, based on people that I have "liked", songs that I have "liked" and maybe even genres that I have "liked".

Its currently to much of a hassle to make a good playlist that I will enjoy for the workout, especially with everyone changing there songs all the time. If they make a good genius style song picker, this could really help however.

Feel free to add your own three, or comment on how I can get a genius style automixed playlist into my bbmm
    Last edited by hanexs; 02-27-12 at 02:18 PM.
    Just Me likes this.
    02-27-12 01:54 PM
    Those sound like fantastic ideas!

It took me a while, but I actually "get" BBM Music now and pay for my subscription. I find it's fantastic for two things:

1) Checking out music someone's told me about but I'm not sure I want to buy and

2) Finding music from my peers that I probably wouldn't have come across otherwise.

What's icing on the cake: BBM Music will stream off Bluetooth to the stereo in my new-ish Kia (Slacker won't).
    Just Me likes this.
    02-27-12 02:01 PM
    Two more things:

1) Switch around what the subscription means. Go from "$5 to listen to my and all my subscribed contacts songs" to "$5 to listen to my songs and ALL my contacts songs". This would mean you wouldn't NEED to regularly cull 'basic' non-subscribers, which would save you the effort required and maybe make the basic service useful to people. It would also mean you'd keep access to the great song lists of people who decide not to subscribe. I've got a lot of great non-subscribed contacts and I'm stuck leaving a comment telling them to re-friend me if they sign-up.

2) Add an easy way to recommend a contact to another contact. I have a real friend in the service and a few contacts who's music she'd love, it be nice to just flip her a few recommendations to she could link with them.
    Just Me likes this.
    02-27-12 02:33 PM
    I'm not sure if I would my idea is desperately needed but it would help encourage people to continously checkout new tracks.

Add 5 more bonus spaces for tracks. These spaces would reset after a week. That way people will always have 5 spots for adding new music and making their selections more dynamic. People have refined their 50 track selections to their favorites song or selections that express personal style. I find the track selection becomes stagnant and many people do not use all their swaps every month. By setting aside 5 bonus spots those spots can be filled with the monthly swaps and new music without affecting one's 50 iconic song collection.
    04-11-12 12:03 PM
    Love the service. But it needs a couple things to keep me around.

1. A way to star, or like your friends. I have 80 contacts, many I don't know personally, when I notice one has really good taste I should be able to mark them so I can easily get back to them.

2. A way to star or like a song! I know I can add it to a playlist, but then if I lose access its gone.

3. And this links the two requests above together. A way to automix a playlist for me. My collection is a a bunch of songs some that I hate, some that I love. The service should be able to give me 50 songs I like, based on people that I have "liked", songs that I have "liked" and maybe even genres that I have "liked".

Its currently to much of a hassle to make a good playlist that I will enjoy for the workout, especially with everyone changing there songs all the time. If they make a good genius style song picker, this could really help however.

Feel free to add your own three, or comment on how I can get a genius style automixed playlist into my bbmm
    I think RIM read your mind haha.

Beta 1.2 has a new favorites feature which lets you easily star contacts, songs, etc and then quickly filter only by your favorites if you want.

They also added a feature called intelligent shuffle which shows up when you tap the 'shuffle all' button on the home tab. It drops down to show a bunch of different shuffling options.
    04-11-12 01:30 PM
    Nice. Thanks for the update on the beta.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 03:14 PM
    I've noticed that I can not only listen to my contacts' selected music, but I can get their playlists too, even if it includes music neither I nor the contact have in our own libraries.
    04-11-12 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD