Already check in my phone setting, bbm is allow notification but why still no notification for new chat n what used for open link externally in bbm, why i cant klick it for on or off, plssss help me
    Last edited by eastoneckhart; 04-16-16 at 08:41 AM.
    04-16-16 07:09 AM
    I have a friend who had this issue. Deleting and reinstalling BBM fixed it

Posted via my BlackBerry Slider
    04-16-16 08:25 AM
    Already done that too, almost 4 times im do delete then reinstall but still had the same problem, never happend before, this thing happend after the new update i do
    04-16-16 08:42 AM
    Already check in my phone setting, bbm is allow notification but why still no notification for new chat n what used for open link externally in bbm, why i cant klick it for on or off, plssss help me
    I have the same problem, did you find a solution??
    07-06-16 10:14 PM
    I have the same problem, did you find a solution??
    Is this for all types of conversations? Or certain types?
    07-07-16 11:50 AM
    Hang in there my friend. BBM acknowledged this problem & said there is an update coming soon that will fix this.

There are a few more things they are fixing too in the new update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-08-16 12:38 PM
    Hang in there my friend. BBM acknowledged this problem & said there is an update coming soon that will fix this.

There are a few more things they are fixing too in the new update.
    My wife has had issues with BBM notifications on her iPhone since BBM was first released. She hates using it but I insist because SMS is just too unreliable. The only reason she doesn't like BBM is because of how poorly the notifications work on iOS.

The only way she gets notifications is if BBM is closed. She then gets the badge notification and knows to open the app. If she has a chat open (either pulled forward on the screen or out of focus in the background) she gets no notifications. I have been through the notification settings on her phone forward and backward.

Every other iOS BBM user I have ever talked to says the exact same thing. Do you know if this is going to be addressed in upcoming releases?
    08-03-16 05:53 PM
    My wife has had issues with BBM notifications on her iPhone since BBM was first released. She hates using it but I insist because SMS is just too unreliable. The only reason she doesn't like BBM is because of how poorly the notifications work on iOS.

The only way she gets notifications is if BBM is closed. She then gets the badge notification and knows to open the app. If she has a chat open (either pulled forward on the screen or out of focus in the background) she gets no notifications. I have been through the notification settings on her phone forward and backward.

Every other iOS BBM user I have ever talked to says the exact same thing. Do you know if this is going to be addressed in upcoming releases?
    I've heard of people complaining not getting notifications when the App is closed, not the opposite way around.

So you're saying if she is in a conversation with user 1, and user 2 messages her, she doesn't see the in-app notification banner from user 2?
    08-03-16 09:33 PM
    I've heard of people complaining not getting notifications when the App is closed, not the opposite way around.

So you're saying if she is in a conversation with user 1, and user 2 messages her, she doesn't see the in-app notification banner from user 2?
    If she is in a BBM chat with person 1 and then gets an iMessage from person 2 (causing BBM to lose focus, but remain open in the background), and then person 1 messages her again, nothing happens.

08-04-16 12:05 PM
    If she is in a BBM chat with person 1 and then gets an iMessage from person 2 (causing BBM to lose focus, but remain open in the background), and then person 1 messages her again, nothing happens.

Think it's something with your wife's phone. I just gave that scenario a shot with my iOS device running 9.1, and a friend's with iOS 10 and it was fine. Maybe try updating to the latest release that came out today.
    08-04-16 02:01 PM
    Think it's something with your wife's phone. I just gave that scenario a shot with my iOS device running 9.1, and a friend's with iOS 10 and it was fine. Maybe try updating to the latest release that came out today.
    Interesting. Will do. Thank you!
    08-05-16 02:41 PM
    Any update on this? My sister's bbm show the notification when it wants to. When it doesn't, I'll have to call her and she turns it on, and then it's fine for a day or two.

Really frustrating this bbm -_-
    12-08-16 05:54 AM
    Any update on this? My sister's bbm show the notification when it wants to. When it doesn't, I'll have to call her and she turns it on, and then it's fine for a day or two.

Really frustrating this bbm -_-
    What version is she running? And what device / os version does she have?

Changes were made a while ago to improve when it wasn't running - so that even if it wasn't running you should be getting notifications (D/R status on the sender side).

It may be something on her end, but in general notifications on iOS are just terrible. Had issues with any IM I've used.
    12-08-16 10:06 AM

Changes were made a while ago to improve when it wasn't running - so that even if it wasn't running you should be getting notifications (D/R status on the sender side).

It may be something on her end, but in general notifications on iOS are just terrible. Had issues with any IM I've used.
    I never had issues with bbm on iphone but I always had it on mobile data, never wi-fi. I wonder if this could be why?
    As little sense as that makes

Should mention emails didn't come in half the time though
    Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 11:53 AM

Still no fix? I've had two peeps on ios bbm give up recently given inconsistent messaging. I want to get them back
    12-16-16 05:31 PM
    What ios version is that phone on? Something tells me it may be on ios 7 or 8.
    02-18-17 01:18 AM
    Hello! I have the same problem. My entire family is using iPhones and this problem became very annoying. For example, if I send a message to my wife and her iPhone wasn't used for ±2 hours, the message does not get delivered. Or for example, my dads iPhone. If I send him a message in the morning (the iPhone wasn't used all night), it is not delivered. So it seems to me, that the iPhone shuts the app to sleep or something like that. I've also noticed that some times when I pick up my iPhone and open BBM, it starts spinning a small circle and says "Connecting" and when it gets connected the messages get delivered to me. I've also checked that in the settings the Background App Refresh for BBM is on. And all other BBM features are also on.
    I have a friend that uses Android (Samsung). When i send him a message, it is always delivered. And he says that when I send him a "Glimpse" it is very inaccurate. I am usually in his place, but the phone is showing that I am still somewhere away. If he sends his Glimpse, it is always accurate.
    Something wrong with the BBM on the iOS. I can't find a solution to fix it...
    We are using iPhone 6, 6s, 7 and 7 Pluses. All been updated to the last version...
    02-18-17 08:22 AM
    Hello! I have the same problem. My entire family is using iPhones and this problem became very annoying. For example, if I send a message to my wife and her iPhone wasn't used for ±2 hours, the message does not get delivered. Or for example, my dads iPhone. If I send him a message in the morning (the iPhone wasn't used all night), it is not delivered. So it seems to me, that the iPhone shuts the app to sleep or something like that. I've also noticed that some times when I pick up my iPhone and open BBM, it starts spinning a small circle and says "Connecting" and when it gets connected the messages get delivered to me. I've also checked that in the settings the Background App Refresh for BBM is on. And all other BBM features are also on.
    I have a friend that uses Android (Samsung). When i send him a message, it is always delivered. And he says that when I send him a "Glimpse" it is very inaccurate. I am usually in his place, but the phone is showing that I am still somewhere away. If he sends his Glimpse, it is always accurate.
    Something wrong with the BBM on the iOS. I can't find a solution to fix it...
    We are using iPhone 6, 6s, 7 and 7 Pluses. All been updated to the last version...
    Check the ios version. Is it the latest?
    02-18-17 09:39 AM
    Yes, it is. I am running iOS 10.2.1
    And yes, the BBM is latest version too.
    Last edited by Adomeliss; 02-18-17 at 12:56 PM.
    02-18-17 09:56 AM
    Yes, it is. I am running iOS 10.2.1
    And yes, the BBM is latest version too.
    This is a known issue on iOS BBM which BBM developers just haven't resolved. This happens only on Wifi and not while on data.

Despite background refresh being on and the app running in memory somehow iOS BBM just goes off grid and notifications go for a toss unless you launch the app again.

Strangely it doesn't happen over 3G/Lte.

This same problem seems to also affect BB10 BBM where the wifi keeps going off for 8 minutes and then resuming.

BBM Android too had this problem right in the beginning but it's been taken care of by now.
    04-18-17 03:41 PM
    Wow, thanks for the info! It's good to know, that it's a known issue. Hope it gets resolved.
    04-18-17 04:15 PM
    I thought this thing had been resolved. I got an iPhone on 10.3 and haven't had the issue either on wifi or cellular data. However I don't have much contacts that use BBM anymore so my experience might not be representative
    04-18-17 04:28 PM
    Good to know this bug is being taken care of!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 04:42 AM
    Good to know this bug is being taken care of!

Posted via CB10
    Except it's been going on since the inception of BBM for iOS. I can always tell when my iOS family/friends are on WiFi cause all I see is a checkmark.

Then I use Whatsapp and they get the message and respond.
    valer466 likes this.
    05-10-17 12:25 PM
    My co Co worker has a really bat network in our work, everytime in EDGE without data, and no bbm...
    But my sent message are not delivered when he leave our work, the message are delivered some time some hours after be connected again to Home wifi or 3G/4G...

I read the theory about app in sleep and it's interesting
    Still looking for tips
    05-13-17 04:17 PM