Hi There. I have an iPhone 6. On 10.3.3. BBM version 300.0.15.81.

I have not been getting notifications of when I have a new BBM message. I only get a new message when I actually open the app. And it is then time-stamped for when it was sent. For example, I opened BBM now at 11:30pm and had a new message appear that was sent at 2:30pm.

I have my notifications set up so they alert me when I have a new message. Just seems to be a bit buggy. It is opening slower than it usually is.

Anybody else have this problem, either on their BB, iPhone, or Android?
    08-01-17 11:39 PM
    Hey there, the issue seems to be intermittent for a few iphone users - Have you tried deleting the BBM Messenger app and then re-installing? That usually clears out the bugs etc.
    08-02-17 06:38 AM
    Hey there, the issue seems to be intermittent for a few iphone users - Have you tried deleting the BBM Messenger app and then re-installing? That usually clears out the bugs etc.
    No it doesn't. IPhone Bbm is hopeless.
    08-03-17 02:20 PM
    Seems to work great for most users! - Let me know how you get on with that and I can offer a few more things to try if it doesn't fix your issue @bbinburlington

No it doesn't. IPhone Bbm is hopeless.
    08-04-17 05:02 AM
    From what I can gather BlackBerry has given up on BBM for iOS. Notifications have never worked properly on iOS. My wife and virtually my entire family use BBM on iOS and they constantly complain about how intermittent BBM notifications are. I've been complaining about this exact problem on these forums for years.

BBM on Android works great for me and all of my Android BBM contacts, but on iOS it is pretty much useless, which is very unfortunate.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    08-07-17 05:14 PM
    From what I can gather BlackBerry has given up on BBM for iOS. Notifications have never worked properly on iOS. My wife and virtually my entire family use BBM on iOS and they constantly complain about how intermittent BBM notifications are. I've been complaining about this exact problem on these forums for years.

BBM on Android works great for me and all of my Android BBM contacts, but on iOS it is pretty much useless, which is very unfortunate.
    You can say that again!
    08-22-17 06:01 AM
    Seems to work great for most users! - Let me know how you get on with that and I can offer a few more things to try if it doesn't fix your issue @bbinburlington
    The most users you speak of are the power users who have learnt to keep the BBM app always open or at number 2 in the list of open apps or just the BBM app open and all other apps closed, and who frequently use BBM Channels or chat a lot with their BBM contacts, if any.

Ask me, i've always missed notifications when i had iPhone BBM and i learnt the hard way of getting the app to work.

WhatsApp/iMessage/Skype/Line etc have no issues in recieving notifications, regardless of the app running in memory or having it not started up from the time of turning iPhones on.

This issue is exclusive to iOS BBM. On Android/BB10 BBM works without any problem.
    08-22-17 06:07 AM
    The most users you speak of are the power users who have learnt to keep the BBM app always open or at number 2 in the list of open apps or just the BBM app open and all other apps closed, and who frequently use BBM Channels or chat a lot with their BBM contacts, if any.

Ask me, i've always missed notifications when i had iPhone BBM and i learnt the hard way of getting the app to work.

WhatsApp/iMessage/Skype/Line etc have no issues in recieving notifications, regardless of the app running in memory or having it not started up from the time of turning iPhones on.

This issue is exclusive to iOS BBM. On Android/BB10 BBM works without any problem.
    Exactly!

All of the other major messaging apps were able to figure it out.

BlackBerry and all things with such a logo are virtually dead... best to delete and move on.
    valer466 likes this.
    08-22-17 06:41 AM
    Exactly!

All of the other major messaging apps were able to figure it out.

BlackBerry and all things with such a logo are virtually dead... best to delete and move on.
    Yep, and it is such a shame because BBM could and should still be so competitive in the messaging space. The updates for Android in the last 6 months have been very impressive. I don't understand why the BBM team won't put in the time to make something as simple as notifications work on iOS.

Maybe the recent news that BBM is breaking out into 3 distinct services will allow them to spend some more time on iOS. Here's hoping because I'm tired of sending my wife a BBM and then following it up with an SMS message telling her to check her BBM!
    09-06-17 12:43 PM
    iOS app still doesn't have proper call screen when you receive a call right?

BBM also logs you out from time to time on iOS as well
    09-06-17 01:04 PM
    iOS app still doesn't have proper call screen when you receive a call right?

BBM also logs you out from time to time on iOS as well
    Yes, both of the above are still true. I just sent @BBM a tweet asking them to check these threads. Surely I'm not the only one who doesn't want BBM to die.
    Attached Thumbnails Why am I not getting BBM notifications on my iPhone?-screenshot_20170906-102201.jpg  
    09-06-17 01:24 PM
    Just installed Version 300.0.16.110 (updated 21 Aug 17) on my iPhone 6S Plus...works fine so far.

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100-3 / 10.3.3.1463
    09-06-17 01:39 PM
    Android may be much more important to them, considering their target market.

From what I can tell fooling around with BBM on iPhone and watching network traffic to and from the device, the team working on the iOS app have no idea how this is all supposed to work in iOS.

If they wanted to do this, I bet a day or two with an iOS expert would allow them to put together a plan to fix this. They could even just go to WWDC and ask someone on the first floor to take a look.
    09-06-17 03:43 PM

If they wanted to do this, I bet a day or two with an iOS expert would allow them to put together a plan to fix this. They could even just go to WWDC and ask someone on the first floor to take a look.
    That's the thing I don't understand... why not spend the day or two it would take to get their developer(s) up to speed and address the issues? Even if that was to be the last update they ever do for iOS at least it would make BBM a viable messaging option for millions and millions of iOS users.

It's also odd that the BBM team did such a nice job on Apple Watch integration but haven't done a thing for Android Wear. Weird.
    09-06-17 05:21 PM
    That's the thing I don't understand... why not spend the day or two it would take to get their developer(s) up to speed and address the issues? Even if that was to be the last update they ever do for iOS at least it would make BBM a viable messaging option for millions and millions of iOS users.

It's also odd that the BBM team did such a nice job on Apple Watch integration but haven't done a thing for Android Wear. Weird.
    I wonder what iOS marketshare is in Indonesia?
    09-06-17 06:05 PM
    I wonder what iOS marketshare is in Indonesia?
    Haha, great question
    09-06-17 06:06 PM
    It was buggy from day 1. And the amount of code added until this day makes it almost impossible for the current indonesian app developers/managers to narrow it down to problematic line.

The only solution is to write new code and deliver a fresh BBM iOS 10 & 11 which they will never ever do.
    09-12-17 11:22 AM
    Still needs work. My wife's phone just doesn't get notifications even if it's running in the background. Personally, I'd rather blame Apple, but I don't know the root cause of the problem. Reminiscent of the iPhone messaging issue a few years back that Apple dragged their feet on - users who moved off of iOS wouldn't receive notifications. I think it took over a year for Apple to "fix" it.
    11-17-17 12:46 PM
    Still needs work. My wife's phone just doesn't get notifications even if it's running in the background. Personally, I'd rather blame Apple, but I don't know the root cause of the problem. Reminiscent of the iPhone messaging issue a few years back that Apple dragged their feet on - users who moved off of iOS wouldn't receive notifications. I think it took over a year for Apple to "fix" it.
    Is your wife getting notifications from other apps correctly?
    11-17-17 12:50 PM
    Personally, I'd rather blame Apple, but I don't know the root cause of the problem.
    I blame Apple. The only consistent notifications that my wife gets on her iPhone 7s are from iMessage. Every other platform that we have tried (BBM, Whatsapp, Google Hangouts, Pryvate, even the Gmail app) all have inconsistent notifications. Almost daily I have to send her an SMS text message asking her to check Whatsapp or email.
    11-21-17 01:15 PM