I recently updated to the latest BBM app Version 300.0.9.32 Feb 25 2017 and I lost my menu functions button and when I went to clean up some older chats in my Classic Owners Group, it DELETED the group completely!!!

Now I have to start my group I had for over two years over agin because of this and I ended up restoring to an older version of the BBM so I could get my menu functions back and recreate my group again. What a mess they have created.

I couldn't even restore my original group which I am the admin and I sick over this. Just making folks aware of the issue. I have send a report to the BBM app team but it doesn't help me with trying to locate my older group members.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    02-26-17 08:41 AM
    no issues on my update but i will keep an ee out for bugs.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-26-17 10:25 AM
    no issues on my update but i will keep an ee out for bugs.
    Do you have the menu button that used to be in the lower left corner? I have had a couple of folks who don't have it after the update and can't figure out how the access the menu functions?
    02-26-17 10:29 AM
    I dont have a menu button in the left side. Got a screenie of the button and the menu that should pop up?
    02-26-17 10:47 AM
    I dont have a menu button in the left side. Got a screenie of the button and the menu that should pop up?
    I might sound stupid here, but how do you get a screennie of the menu functions button? I have tried swiping up, down, left right, double tapping and I can't figure out how to access the menu functions in this new version.
    02-26-17 11:15 AM
    I recently updated to the latest BBM app Version 300.0.9.32 Feb 25 2017 and I lost my menu functions button and when I went to clean up some older chats in my Classic Owners Group, it DELETED the group completely!!!

Now I have to start my group I had for over two years over agin because of this and I ended up restoring to an older version of the BBM so I could get my menu functions back and recreate my group again. What a mess they have created.

I couldn't even restore my original group which I am the admin and I sick over this. Just making folks aware of the issue. I have send a report to the BBM app team but it doesn't help me with trying to locate my older group members.
    Is that for BlackBerry 10? Or Android?
    02-26-17 11:19 AM
    Is that for BlackBerry 10? Or Android?
    I guess iOS, at least OP posted here.

Via Pasta CB10
    02-26-17 11:27 AM
    So do we assume Emtek guys are doing a far worse job than the erstwhile app developers at BBM when it was part of BlackBerry?

Why ship a release w/o testing and vetting?

So much for all the BBM is the original sh*t thing... well atleast it's competitors imitate well and work perfectly fine in real world usage versus the original im app... SMH
    02-28-17 07:32 AM
    Too late for me. How do I go back to previous versions?
    02-28-17 09:54 PM
    I know it happened to one of the other groups I'm in. Owner had to restart the group.
    02-28-17 10:44 PM
    Fully agree with the OP. The new design on iOS is 1. a disaster (ever tried to 'create a new group' - not a chat only - good luck) and 2ndly I had 2 groups with years of content collected, of which one disappeared completely after the update.

And, even worse, messages to iOS based devices are sometimes not delivered properly. Eg I'm sending a message, get a D. Receiver doesn't read nor respond. Send another message the day after. Nothing. Third message on the 3rd day. Nothing. On day 4, receiver enters BBM for a different reason and BANG - suddenly gets all 3 messages delivered.

This happened to me, on my iPhone, and to ALL other iOS users who still use BBM, to do me a personal favour, not because they like it so much. And yes, we all were online most of the time.

So if you can, don't install this, it is broken!!
    03-01-17 10:27 AM
    Fully agree with the OP. The new design on iOS is 1. a disaster (ever tried to 'create a new group' - not a chat only - good luck) and 2ndly I had 2 groups with years of content collected, of which one disappeared completely after the update.

And, even worse, messages to iOS based devices are sometimes not delivered properly. Eg I'm sending a message, get a D. Receiver doesn't read nor respond. Send another message the day after. Nothing. Third message on the 3rd day. Nothing. On day 4, receiver enters BBM for a different reason and BANG - suddenly gets all 3 messages delivered.

This happened to me, on my iPhone, and to ALL other iOS BBM friends of mine who still use BBM, to do me a personal favour, not because they like it so much. And yes, we all were online most of the time.

03-01-17 10:34 AM
    My bbm is not working and no BlackBerry logo is showing at top right corner
    Warning!!! Do Not Update to the Latest BBM App!!-img_20170301_215856.png

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 11:39 AM

This happened to me, on my iPhone, and to ALL other iOS BBM friends of mine who still use BBM, to do me a personal favour, not because they like it so much. And yes, we all were online most of the time.

I finally ended up going back to an older iPhone backup, so I could recreate my group. I have most of my older members back, but only half of what we once had. After I got the group started again, the app updated to the latest version and now you can't even create a group anymore!!!

I have sent a couple of detailed messages to the IOS BBM support folks and haven't even received a response from them????? Not a good sign and and I am not a happy camper. I am back to at least being able to communicate with my groups and BBM contacts.

But, I am like a pit bull and I will not rest until I get a reply from these support people and find out what the heck where they thinking when they released this update????
    03-03-17 06:18 PM
    Problem with messages delayed is still on. When I need an iOS BBM friend to urgently read and respond to a BBM message , I have to send another message on Signal or SMS to ask to look into bbm, hoping the messages will arrive then. I have no idea how long my friends will continue to tolerate this. Ridiculous.

BB support on Twitter gave me a link to a BBM support site, and recommended to open a ticket there. Which I did, almost a week ago. They did not respond.

Back to Twitter and BB support. I told them that BBM support did not respond. Now also BB support on Twitter does no longer respond.

Last but but not least, after more than a week on the new 'design' of BBM I find it to be even more ridiculous than in the beginning. While they decided to 'hide' group pictures behind additional taps so that many people thought they were gone, with an update in 2016, with this latest update they decided to hide the group functions entirely, so that many users who are not able or willing to dig into the design quirks of a messenger product will not even get aware that there is such a thing as groups any longer.

Bad design, bugs, no support. Why would anyone consider BBM as preferred messenger?
    bakron1 and valer466 like this.
    03-05-17 07:10 AM
    Finally, BBM support responded. They asked me to send a test message to a certain pin. It arrived. 5 seconds later, they closed the ticket. "Problem resolved".
    Probably the worst support experience that I ever had.
    03-11-17 01:37 PM
    Finally, BBM support responded. They asked me to send a test message to a certain pin. It arrived. 5 seconds later, they closed the ticket. "Problem resolved".
    Probably the worst support experience that I ever had.
    I also finally heard from support too, they never answered my initial question and had me send them screen captures of my issue. I send them the required data and so far, no response, terrible support.
    03-11-17 05:07 PM
    Great licensing agreement chen... ya firkin ignoramus!

Stealing defeat from from the jaws of victory!
    03-11-17 11:52 PM