Greetings,

Are voice calls expected to work between BBMe on iOS and regular BBM on BB10?

Between Android and BB10 voice calls work. However, I just added an iPhone contact: The Z10 is unable to initiate a BBM voice call to the iPhone (voice call icon grayed out or not showing). The iPhone is able to initiate a call to the Z10, and the Z10 can accept the call, but a connection cannot be established ("server not responding" or something like that).

Is this expected behavior or is there a workaround?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-19 10:09 PM
    Could it just be that Google is hogging all the internet bandwidth?.. Could your telco or an intermediary one be limiting BB10 traffic? or routing it to the milk run? ..First couple of tries i had with bbm had similiar problems, but then it seemed to heal itself....so some routing intermediary mysteries might be at play...does a slow vpn throw a spanner in the mix as well?
    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...e-competitors/
    11-09-19 12:31 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? If so, is there a possible workaround? Seems odd that the problem shows up with iOS but not with Android..

Posted via CB10
    11-10-19 11:32 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? If so, is there a possible workaround? Seems odd that the problem shows up with iOS but not with Android..

Posted via CB10
    I believe the problem you describe has been known for awhile. It came up, if memory serves, when certain members enthusiastically discussed whether BB10 and BBM for BB10 are truly supported and will continue to be in the future? BlackBerry released an EOL date of 12/31/2019 and then released a statement of discontinued support for certain BB10 apps but promise of extended BB10 support although rather vague and EOL date still exists confusingly. Perhaps @TrumpetTiger has better insight regardless of this and can help with more information since TT believes BB and feels BB10 will continue and BB plans resurrection or continue life support...
    11-10-19 02:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey BBHermes,

This is definitely odd as voice calls should work from both ends. I'll test this and get back to you, but it should definitely work.

Thanks @Chuck Finley69 for the ping, as always....
    11-11-19 02:04 PM
    Hey BBHermes,

This is definitely odd as voice calls should work from both ends. I'll test this and get back to you, but it should definitely work.

Thanks @Chuck Finley69 for the ping, as always....
    Thank you TT as even within our spirited conversations, members still need help.
    11-11-19 02:10 PM
    Thank you TT as even within our spirited conversations, members still need help.
    Of course Chuck. You are a fine example of being able to disagree without being disagreeable, and it's much appreciated. The Chuckford Files/Gotham alliance remains strong....
    11-11-19 03:06 PM
    Hey BBHermes,

Many thanks in advance! In case it's relevant, the Z10 is still running software 10.2.1.2156 and BBM version is 10.14.3.9.

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-19 06:22 PM
    the Z10 is still running software 10.2.1.2156
    That could be your problem - TrumpetTiger will get to the bottom of it but is there any good reason why that software has not been updated?
    11-11-19 06:47 PM
    That could be your problem - TrumpetTiger will get to the bottom of it but is there any good reason why that software has not been updated?
    The current version just works with no major issues. But if there's a foolproof way to update without risking a permanent loss of wifi calling or other data then I might do it - if the software version turns out to be the issue..

[Link on Windows 10 doesn't work well with the Z10, another reason for the delay in updating..]

Posted via CB10
    11-11-19 07:50 PM