Greetings,

I convinced a friend to install bbm on her iphone. After some days she rebooted her phone and cannot access her original bbm account; instead she got a new account and apparently has to start over. Needless to say, this is a bit embarrassing for encouraging bbm adoption...

She lives far so I can't inspect the app myself (and I've never touched an iphone either). Can someone with iphone experience provide some easy-to-follow instructions for her to restore her account? I assume it has something to do with re-associating the PIN with her email address, but a very clear guide for a non-expert such as my friend would be useful.

Thanks!!
    06-20-14 07:33 AM
    Greetings,

I convinced a friend to install bbm on her iphone. After some days she rebooted her phone and cannot access her original bbm account; instead she got a new account and apparently has to start over. Needless to say, this is a bit embarrassing for encouraging bbm adoption...

She lives far so I can't inspect the app myself (and I've never touched an iphone either). Can someone with iphone experience provide some easy-to-follow instructions for her to restore her account? I assume it has something to do with re-associating the PIN with her email address, but a very clear guide for a non-expert such as my friend would be useful.

Thanks!!
    Once you have restored the an iDevice,you lose your old pin.It happened to me as well.Hope it helps.

Sent via CB10
    06-20-14 08:41 AM
    Once you have restored the an iDevice,you lose your old pin
    This is unclear. Do you mean that merely shutting the phone off and turning it back on causes you to lose your PIN? That makes no sense. Can you or someone else kindly explain?
    06-20-14 12:10 PM
    This is unclear. Do you mean that merely shutting the phone off and turning it back on causes you to lose your PIN? That makes no sense. Can you or someone else kindly explain?
    Restarting doesn't do anything to BBM but restoring the phone will.Update to latest version of BBM.I still problem doesn't solve,call customer care

Sent via CrackBerry
    06-21-14 11:26 AM
    If still*

Sent via CrackBerry
    06-21-14 11:27 AM
    You do not loose your old id, not true. You could delete the app off then reload it again some days later and just sign back in with same id you had first set up. It then restores all your old contacts and stuff back. But you would loose the chats that were open before deleted it off

It's just imperative they sign in with same email and password they first started with. Of course if they go thru the whole set up again and use a different id login then it would all be diff and new

Why ME?
    06-21-14 11:29 AM
    And if they forgot their password? Ist there a password retrieval method?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 07:42 AM