Apologies if this has been gone over many times before. My daughter has just gone from her curve to an iphone 6 *spit and also has an ipad mini for school. Firstly, wondering if I can video chat her from my Z10? Also, setting BBM up on IOS, I hear that she can't use her BBID on both the ipad and her curve, correct?. Question is do I need to use a different email address for her ipad and would I need to create different addresses for each individual devices or does one account cover all ios.

She currently has iphone 6, ipod 5 and ipad mini 1. Looking to set bbm up on all of these if possible.
    12-10-14 11:49 AM
    Firstly, wondering if I can video chat her from my Z10?
    Yes, but not with BBM just yet. I use Skype for that.

Also, setting BBM up on IOS, I hear that she can't use her BBID on both the ipad and her curve, correct?
    She can for different services, but she can't set up BBM. It doesn't today let a user start a conversation on one device, continue on a another and persist the signin on both. This is one feature of iMessage and Facebook Messenger I like that many other messaging apps don't have. In fact, on BBM, you don't sign out and sign in ... you also "transfer everything", which is slow. Hoping it gets added someday.
    AWB70 likes this.
    12-10-14 12:05 PM
    Right, so I need to set up 3 different accounts on each apple device? I take on board these won't sync with each other. Forgot about skype, is skype calling working now on BB10 devices? I thought you could only message.
    12-10-14 12:16 PM
    Yep, you'll need to setup 3 different BBM accounts, but the chat threads won't sync.

Another option that I think could work, but I haven't tried is to create a BBM Group with all three BBID's @ Apple devices + yours. Then the chats will be in sync in a way.

@Skype: voice and video calls have been there for quite a while now, almost more than a year I think.

CB10 @ Q5
    AWB70 likes this.
    12-10-14 12:55 PM
    Yep, you'll need to setup 3 different BBM accounts, but the chat threads won't sync.

Another option that I think could work, but I haven't tried is to create a BBM Group with all three BBID's @ Apple devices + yours. Then the chats will be in sync in a way.

@Skype: voice and video calls have been there for quite a while now, almost more than a year I think.

CB10 @ Q5
    Excuse the ignorance but 3 different bbm accounts = 3 different email addresses to register these accounts?

I don't use Skype, I'll look into that. Regarding groups that's a great idea I'll try that. I already have a bbm group called Family just so we can put reminders on for each other and share a calender. It's crazy but it just might work.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 01:24 PM
    Excuse the ignorance but 3 different bbm accounts = 3 different email addresses to register these accounts?

I don't use Skype, I'll look into that. Regarding groups that's a great idea I'll try that. I already have a bbm group called Family just so we can put reminders on for each other and share a calender. It's crazy but it just might work.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you would be able to use one BBM account across 3 different devices. Each account will have a different/ unique PIN on each separate device. (It's like WhatsApp is tied in with only one phone number at a time.)

That's why I suggested the group idea, all three Apple devices + yours in a separate group would sort of work like a single chat thread b/w you and your daughter.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-10-14 01:36 PM
    Yes, I think I understand. I would have to create a group and invite her to it three times. I do a similar thing with a friend who has a BlackBerry phone and bbm on android tablet.

Just checking though, on the Apple products you need an email address to register the bbm account using an email address right? So I would need three different email addresses?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 01:46 PM
    The Android version of Skype works with my Z30 and wife's ipad mini version very well.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 01:52 PM
    Yes, I think I understand. I would have to create a group and invite her to it three times. I do a similar thing with a friend who has a BlackBerry phone and bbm on android tablet.

Just checking though, on the Apple products you need an email address to register the bbm account using an email address right? So I would need three different email addresses?

Posted via CB10
    I edited my previous post but it didn't get posted somehow.

Yes you'll need 3 different email accounts.
    But you could first try using same email and see if it works.

BTW, we have 4 BlackBerry devices in our family and I had once tried using same BBID across two of them and it didn't work. It was b/w Torch 9860 (OS7 on BIS) and my Q5. Haven't tried it with Q5 and Z30.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-10-14 01:58 PM
    Just been looking into Skype. I take it it needs to be in an active frame to receive calls or can it work headless?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 02:00 PM
    Slightly off topic but is there a way of clearing message history on Skype?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 05:33 PM
    Slightly off topic but is there a way of clearing message history on Skype?

Posted via CB10
    Probably not, I haven't seen any option for that.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-12-14 08:43 AM
    Yeah. I scratched my head with it for a while. Some suggested signing in on a computer and deleting from there but it doesn't clear it down on the phone

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 10:59 AM
    That's interesting, I haven't seen the option to clear chat history in Skype on Windows PC.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-13-14 12:33 PM