I have a question that I have been unable to find the answer to for the last couple days.

Here is my problem.... I have been using a BB Bold and iPhone and when BBM was released for IOS I downloaded it and type in my Blackberry ID and all my contacts were transferred over. However after using it for a couple days I have come to realize that I like BBM on my BB a lot more as there are more features and less glitches (I am sure all the glitches on IOS will be worked out over time) when I type my Blackberry ID back into my BB it does not give me the option to bring my BBM contacts back over or associate it back with my BB pin. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would really like to go back to my BB for BBM but as it currently sits I have to use my iPhone until i can figure out a solution.. I don't want to have to re add all of my BBM contacts, I would just like to do a device switch like back in the day..

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    10-28-13 10:09 AM
    try restoring your contacts from backup in the settings.
    YOu did backup your contacts right?
    10-28-13 10:16 AM
    I tried that, but its not associating my BBM with my BB pin after the restore... It is still thinking that my BBM is registered to my iPhone pin even after the backup and Blackberry ID.
    10-28-13 10:20 AM
    Any ideas anyone?? Its really driving me crazy!
    10-28-13 05:45 PM
    I assume you have deleted app from iPhone

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    10-28-13 10:22 PM
    I assume you have deleted app from iPhone

I have not deleted the app.. Don't want to delete it in the event I am unable to retrieve my contacts.
    10-28-13 11:14 PM
    try to add your friend's pin one by one in BB, that is only way you can find your friend from iPhone to BB. But whom you had add at BB before, you don't need add again, only whom you added at you iPhone whom can't be backup.
    10-29-13 08:08 AM
    Try turning both devices off, then turn the bold on and open BBM. See if it will register properly then.

But when you turn iPhone on, it may overtake the Bold.

Contacts are stored within the BBID (if they magically populated on the iPhone, then this is a given). You have very little chance of losing them.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:42 AM
    I have not deleted the app.. Don't want to delete it in the event I am unable to retrieve my contacts.
    You won't lose them, but at least turn iPhone off,

10-29-13 09:02 AM
    Hi Mate,

You just need to update BBM Messenger....

Go to the app store on your BBM and upgrade BBM Messenger to the latest version once you have done this it will ask you to reboot your device then once restarted log into BBM with your blackberry ID and it will transfer across all contact when you choose with device option.

Transferring contact will not work until you have updated your BBM Messenger on your new Blackberry.

Hope this helps.
    01-15-14 06:29 AM