This forum has great displeasure for BBM on iOS. What's the alternative for BB10 users to connect with iPhone's?

I run a BB10 Classic and have overseas friends who are avid iPhone users given its successful market positioning as a status symbol.

Formerly my daily communications with them were over Facebook, but with the downgrade 'update' for Facebook on BB10, the absence of Hub notifications has put an end to this chat medium.

I had little choice but to switch to Whatsapp, the only app which rivals BBM's integration with BB10's Hub.

Whatsapp is my currently medium for daily communications, including voice calls, with iOS using friends. But with the Whatsapp for BB10's EOL coming in 2017 and the reality that any Whatsapp.apk replacement will lack proper Hub integration, I'm forced to start seeking an alternative option for the third time.

My friends created Facebook accounts only to talk with me. My friends installed whatsapp only to talk with me. It shouldn't be hard to get them to switch a third time.

Having gotten used to combining messages and voice calls in the same app, and seeking an option that had a native BB10 app, I came to this part of the Crackberry forums hoping for some good news about using BBM on iOS to convince my friends to install.

But reading here it seems like BBM for iOS doesn't stay active unless you're a power user with multiple contacts. It seems like BBM for iOS won't push and deliver notifications if the app hasn't been opened or hasn't been given attention for more then 2h. Overall it seems BBM for iOS is not suitable if you only have one Contact and one open chat.

So, as a BB10 Classic user trying to keep in contact with my overseas iOS friends, what is my alternative once Whatsapp shuts down? Can iPhone users still in contact with BB10 users please advise?

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    09-18-16 03:23 AM
    Hey, believe it or not, BBM on iOS is even better than on BB10. Not only can you do BBM voice + video calls with iOS and Android users, you also have the option to retract and send timed messages — features that are subscription-based on BB10. I’ve been using BBM on iOS for almost three months now and not once did I face the notification problem that you mentioned. You get alerts exactly as you would for iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber/any other IM. Both the call quality and video quality are top notch on it and arguably better than on FaceTime. I believe you can now add friends through their phone numbers, so your friends wouldn’t have to go through the slightly complex process of PINs. Honestly, your friends would love it, so tell them to make the plunge
    09-18-16 04:36 AM
    This forum has great displeasure for BBM on iOS. What's the alternative for BB10 users to connect with iPhone's?

I run a BB10 Classic and have overseas friends who are avid iPhone users given its successful market positioning as a status symbol.

Formerly my daily communications with them were over Facebook, but with the downgrade 'update' for Facebook on BB10, the absence of Hub notifications has put an end to this chat medium.

I had little choice but to switch to Whatsapp, the only app which rivals BBM's integration with BB10's Hub.

Whatsapp is my currently medium for daily communications, including voice calls, with iOS using friends. But with the Whatsapp for BB10's EOL coming in 2017 and the reality that any Whatsapp.apk replacement will lack proper Hub integration, I'm forced to start seeking an alternative option for the third time.

My friends created Facebook accounts only to talk with me. My friends installed whatsapp only to talk with me. It shouldn't be hard to get them to switch a third time.

Having gotten used to combining messages and voice calls in the same app, and seeking an option that had a native BB10 app, I came to this part of the Crackberry forums hoping for some good news about using BBM on iOS to convince my friends to install.

But reading here it seems like BBM for iOS doesn't stay active unless you're a power user with multiple contacts. It seems like BBM for iOS won't push and deliver notifications if the app hasn't been opened or hasn't been given attention for more then 2h. Overall it seems BBM for iOS is not suitable if you only have one Contact and one open chat.

So, as a BB10 Classic user trying to keep in contact with my overseas iOS friends, what is my alternative once Whatsapp shuts down? Can iPhone users still in contact with BB10 users please advise?

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    BBM on iOS really isn't an issue for people with updated iPhones. I have many friends who as long as they keep their iPhones updated don't have issue, even if it is running. Push notifications are much bettter now given the change from APNS recently, and unless they have their phone in a low memory state it shouldn't be a problem.
    09-19-16 08:51 AM
    Hey, believe it or not, BBM on iOS is even better than on BB10. Not only can you do BBM voice + video calls with iOS and Android users, you also have the option to retract and send timed messages features that are subscription-based on BB10. Ive been using BBM on iOS for almost three months now and not once did I face the notification problem that you mentioned. You get alerts exactly as you would for iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber/any other IM. Both the call quality and video quality are top notch on it and arguably better than on FaceTime. I believe you can now add friends through their phone numbers, so your friends wouldnt have to go through the slightly complex process of PINs. Honestly, your friends would love it, so tell them to make the plunge
    Bb10 also the timed and Retract features for free

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-19-16 09:27 AM
    Bb10 also the timed and Retract features for free

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Is it? ‘cos the last I used it on my Passport, which was before I got my iPhone SE in July, I didn’t have the option of timed messages or retracting them — I had it for a limited period as a trial.
    09-20-16 12:59 AM
    Is it? cos the last I used it on my Passport, which was before I got my iPhone SE in July, I didnt have the option of timed messages or retracting them I had it for a limited period as a trial.
    The feature was made free the same time as iOS and android

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-20-16 01:01 AM
    Yeah that's all free on bb10 man

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    01-11-17 10:59 AM