Hey for my fellow friends on BBM using iPhone

BBM for iPhone Beta Gets Native iOS UI, and More! | N4BB
    12-05-14 11:56 AM
    I like it. I think one of the reasons some iPhone users don't like bbm for their platform is because the UI was made to look like the BB version. Now that it looks native for them, they might like it more..though an improved, consistent experience will help. Good looking crap is still crap...

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 12:24 PM
    Well, every bit helps frankly! I really hope they improve performance. My friends won't use it because of all the lag/battery usage/inconsistent notifications.
    12-05-14 01:00 PM
    At-last iPhone 6 support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-05-14 01:58 PM
    It would have been nice if they made the text bubbles more like iOS. That is one of the complaints my iOS BBM user friends complain about. They can't get used to the boxy look of BBM chat bubbles. I hope that comes for them in a later update.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 06:32 PM
    I like it. I think one of the reasons some iPhone users don't like bbm for their platform is because the UI was made to look like the BB version. Now that it looks native for them, they might like it more..though an improved, consistent experience will help. Good looking crap is still crap...

Posted via CB10
    It's not even good looking. They used a bit more native UI elements of iOS 7/8 this time, but they still kept a lot of Cascades UI elements too. This mix looks very weird at times, like they started working on it, but didn't really want to finish it. Many components are still oddly proportioned as well, creating this weird unbalanced look. The icons are very blurry; they still haven't been updated for Retina displays (iOS 7 only runs on iPhones with Retina displays). In addition the app takes forever to load sometimes, even on an iPhone 6. I have no idea what they are actually doing with this app, but it's so far away from the native Messages app, Telegram app (which is seriously slick and fast) or even WhatsApp in terms of speed, ease of use and attention to detail.
    12-05-14 09:12 PM
    It's not even good looking. They used a bit more native UI elements of iOS 7/8 this time, but they still kept a lot of Cascades UI elements too. This mix looks very weird at times, like they started working on it, but didn't really want to finish it. Many components are still oddly proportioned as well, creating this weird unbalanced look. The icons are very blurry; they still haven't been updated for Retina displays (iOS 7 only runs on iPhones with Retina displays). In addition the app takes forever to load sometimes, even on an iPhone 6. I have no idea what they are actually doing with this app, but it's so far away from the native Messages app, Telegram app (which is seriously slick and fast) or even WhatsApp in terms of speed, ease of use and attention to detail.
    Would you please stop the whining until it's out of BETA.. WTF do you expect a BETA to be?

Posted via CB10
    blackguy07 likes this.
    12-05-14 11:52 PM
    WTF do you expect a BETA to be?
    From a BlackBerry BBM beta? Not much anymore. This isn't going to change substantially. These things just don't really seem to be on their radar (I've been following it for a while now).
    12-06-14 06:20 AM
    It would have been nice if they made the text bubbles more like iOS. That is one of the complaints my iOS BBM user friends complain about. They can't get used to the boxy look of BBM chat bubbles. I hope that comes for them in a later update.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, if you look close enough you will find that it's not a native IOS8 UI design, it's basically BBM on 10.3 so they didn't do anything new there

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:23 AM
    Would you please stop the whining until it's out of BETA.. WTF do you expect a BETA to be?
    Ahem... They released that version today for the public.

But wait, there?s more. | Inside BlackBerry
    12-13-14 04:11 PM
    Does it work better?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 04:26 PM
    Does it work better?
    Not noticeably, but I only used the beta for testing purposes (so no extensive texting, most of it worked as it did in the earlier version). I couldn't test the push notifications extensively (a common criticism of BBM on iOS).

The UI has been tweaked only very little since my first post however, the changes are mostly bugfixes (like overlapping and omitted text). The action-bar icons are still blurry and many Cascades elements remain. It is still this weird-looking mashup between iOS 7 and BlackBerry 10.3 and even now there are some visual glitches that weren't fixed. It just isn't a nice experience, in my opinion, I would prefer Telegram over this (they go great lengths to create a true native experience). Some more people expressed disappointment with this on the developer forums, someone mentioned that this app uses the same context-specific actions as BlackBerry 10 (when you tap and hold your finger on something, a context menu appears on the right side), this is an odd concept on iOS.
    12-13-14 04:55 PM
    Have you guys been able to update to the new bbm 2.6 from App Store? My App Store is still showing 2.5....in Canada here.
    12-15-14 12:44 AM
    No BBM 2.6 for my friends on ios in NZ either.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 04:54 AM
    Is it only for iOS 8? I haven't got the update my work issued iPhone 4 running 7.
    12-19-14 12:42 PM
    I have an iPhone 6 with the latest OS and no BBM update for me yet. Android received it yesterday.
    12-19-14 01:33 PM
    I agree, if you look close enough you will find that it's not a native IOS8 UI design, it's basically BBM on 10.3 so they didn't do anything new there

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, honestly they put a white background on BBM gave it a slap in the
    A$$ and dropped it for downloading. "Here you go iPhone users, BBM with an iOS UI.". Not!

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    12-20-14 12:05 PM
    The new look is awful!!
    I just upgraded my iOS BBM and it is a mess.
    New version 2.6.1.31
    Bring back the old style!!
    12-30-14 09:34 AM
    The new look is awful!!
    I just upgraded my iOS BBM and it is a mess.
    New version 2.6.1.31
    Bring back the old style!!
    Well every BlackBerry will have this style soon when 10.3.1 drops

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 11:28 AM
    Yeah. I'm honestly unsure what the BBM team is thinking with their Android and IOS versions. They look awful and the initial releases just didn't work properly. The changes seem to have marginally improved stability, but they just aren't platform-native (I've complained about this before). A truly botched release.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:48 PM
    Like I said on my other post: can't see my D and R icons, too small. Why the delivered icon went from gray "check mark" to green check mark???
    This was one of the last unique features BBM had going for itself. D and Rs. Blue D ok, green R ok. Why in the world make the "delivered to server from gray to green??? Specially with such tiny icons you can only see the color????
    To make it worse we got purple picture delivered?? And received?? Why not two different colors just like the text messages?

A total mess.
    12-31-14 06:10 PM