Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Just info...this new bbm update (from 10days aproximately ago) fixed all bbm notification bugs. Now BBM works perfect again.
    Hooray!
    herbersh and Sime0n_S like this.
    02-08-19 01:27 PM
    Just info...this new bbm update (from 10days aproximately ago) fixed all bbm notification bugs. Now BBM works perfect again.
    Hooray!
    notification in the hub? because it's still very hit and miss for me, and I have to manually check for BBM messages...
    .... Key2 PRD63824001 with ABL911 patch - BBM version 3.3.20.74 (all my apps are up to date according to PlayStore and I am currently rebooting the phone approximately twice a week).
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 02-09-19 at 02:02 AM. Reason: formatting / typos
    farmwersteve likes this.
    02-09-19 01:55 AM
    Same here. BBM randomly shows up in the Hub. Also, can't start a new BBM using the compose feature in the Hub. BBM customer service told me to upgrade to the latest version...but I already had it. they said it was on the Hub side, not BBM.

My wife (LG G7) and my friend (Samsung S8) have no issues whatsoever
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-11-19 04:43 PM
    Same here. BBM randomly shows up in the Hub. Also, can't start a new BBM using the compose feature in the Hub. BBM customer service told me to upgrade to the latest version...but I already had it. they said it was on the Hub side, not BBM.

My wife (LG G7) and my friend (Samsung S8) have no issues whatsoever
    This issue continues to disappoint me - you'd think that BlackBerry (who develop the Hub) and Emtek (who develop BBM under licence from BlackBerry) could get their fingers out and resolve this issue...
    ... and if, for some reason, this issue is caused by some underlying Android OS 'feature', then BlackBerry & Emtek should be open and up-front and tell us about this.

At the end of the day, both of these services have the BlackBerry name attached to them, and this issue does the opposite of enhancing the BlackBerry brand.
    02-12-19 01:11 AM
    This issue continues to disappoint me - you'd think that BlackBerry (who develop the Hub) and Emtek (who develop BBM under licence from BlackBerry) could get their fingers out and resolve this issue...
    ... and if, for some reason, this issue is caused by some underlying Android OS 'feature', then BlackBerry & Emtek should be open and up-front and tell us about this.

At the end of the day, both of these services have the BlackBerry name attached to them, and this issue does the opposite of enhancing the BlackBerry brand.
    BlackBerry doesn’t care about BBM for BB10 after 2019 and probably isn’t even concerned now. Emtek is literally the developer for BBM for Android/IOS now. It’s user base is far beyond any BB or BBMo devices now and hub just doesn’t exist in their usage environment. Basically, Emtek and BB are more about Emtek licensing the platform for the immediate user base and expanding it to Android/IOS ecosphere regardless of keeping BB or BBMo users.
    02-12-19 08:32 AM
    BlackBerry doesn’t care about BBM for BB10 after 2019 and probably isn’t even concerned now. Emtek is literally the developer for BBM for Android/IOS now. It’s user base is far beyond any BB or BBMo devices now and hub just doesn’t exist in their usage environment. Basically, Emtek and BB are more about Emtek licensing the platform for the immediate user base and expanding it to Android/IOS ecosphere regardless of keeping BB or BBMo users.
    Hi Chuck,

My post was about BBM for Android (eg " underlying Android OS 'feature'' "), and I believe that BlackBerry still develop the BlackBerry Hub software that is on my Key2 (and a load of other people's non-BlackBerry Android phones).

Maybe then, the issue is not with Emtek, but with BlackBerry for the Hub software?
    02-12-19 10:29 AM
    Hi Chuck,

My post was about BBM for Android (eg " underlying Android OS 'feature'' "), and I believe that BlackBerry still develop the BlackBerry Hub software that is on my Key2 (and a load of other people's non-BlackBerry Android phones).

Maybe then, the issue is not with Emtek, but with BlackBerry for the Hub software?
    Could be. The last part of my comment is about the gulf between Emtek and BB Limited. I’m merely commenting that BBM doesn’t really matter to BB anymore than and probably less than Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and multiple other hub clients with far more users....
    02-12-19 10:37 AM
    Gotcha...
    02-12-19 10:54 AM
    Fixed what? with every update comes a new bug!!! This time its random adding of contacts from goodness knows where!
    02-14-19 07:34 PM
    The primary issue with updates are they’re updating for all of Android not just BBAndroid. Emtek is updating the app for Android users in general not BBAndroid users. Android developers are expected to fix problems for all OEMs, so they update and test for the most common devices. When error reports come in, they’ve been fixing them. I have various Android ecosystem glitches, some app related, with BBAndroid. Usually, they’re fixed in quick manner...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-15-19 08:05 AM
    Fixed what? with every update comes a new bug!!! This time its random adding of contacts from goodness knows where!
    Was it all of a sudden? You sure you didn't turn on contacts to be accessed by the app?

BBM treats phone contacts as already added contacts... they've moved away purely from the pin system thing.

The pin system still exists if we manually add on contacts though. Can't imagine a bug so bad was released by the developers of BBM.

Weird.
    Last edited by valer466; 02-20-19 at 03:10 AM.
    02-20-19 02:22 AM
    BBM treats phone contacts as already added contacts... they've moved away purely from the pin system thing.

The pin system still exists if we manually add on contacts though. Can't imagine a bug so bad was released by the developers of BBM.

Weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I used to think that...but with every good feature another silly one gets added...
    Like the way they've totally messed with feeds ...
    Id like to know what's safe about absolutely anyone being able to send me anything so long as they have my number...
    02-20-19 03:50 AM
    The primary issue with updates are they’re updating for all of Android not just BBAndroid. Emtek is updating the app for Android users in general not BBAndroid users. Android developers are expected to fix problems for all OEMs, so they update and test for the most common devices. When error reports come in, they’ve been fixing them. I have various Android ecosystem glitches, some app related, with BBAndroid. Usually, they’re fixed in quick manner...
    I might be better sending them the feedback then...Thanks!
    02-20-19 03:53 AM
    Sorry guys, I was heated and replied before reading the full chat. Have received some help from you tho! , thanks!
    valer466 likes this.
    02-20-19 03:55 AM
    Sorry guys, I was heated and replied before reading the full chat. Have received some help from you tho! , thanks!
    No problem. Many don’t realize that BBM isn’t developed specifically for BBMo devices or around the same objectives as before. Comparing BBM from BB and Emtek is like comparing WhatsApp PreFacebook and PostFacebook.
    02-20-19 07:27 AM
    No problem. Many don’t realize that BBM isn’t developed specifically for BBMo devices or around the same objectives as before. Comparing BBM from BB and Emtek is like comparing WhatsApp PreFacebook and PostFacebook.
    Same as many don't realize that TCL makes BlackBerry smartphones, except for us CB forum members...probably not even all members.

When you let someone use your brand they need to meet all standards in all areas.

Unfortunately BlackBerry is still failing at that.
    02-20-19 07:54 AM
    Same as many don't realize that TCL makes BlackBerry smartphones, except for us CB forum members...probably not even all members.

When you let someone use your brand they need to meet all standards in all areas.

Unfortunately BlackBerry is still failing at that.
    Not if the brand is being used in a market segment you’ve abandoned, specifically, the consumer market. It wouldn’t surprise me if BlackBerry went back to it's old brand, RIM, or something else new or adopted from current lines of business. The BlackBerry name has more negative perceptions in the market place due to stigma of being something big from the past that’s long outdated and many times hated.....
    02-20-19 08:46 AM
    I've reported the BBM + Hub issues (no red splat on the Hub icon when new BBM msgs come in, new BBM msgs showing as old/already read in Hub, failing to send a new BBM msg through Hub) to BB support, and I have an open tier 3 ticket with them. Should have sent them this forum link to confirm that the BBM + Hub issues are widespread.
    02-25-19 07:58 AM
    Having this issue also with BB Motion.
    BBM was working fine, then after the ABP819 system update, Hub notifications have stopped working and BBM notification tone has stopped working - now the tone is defaulted to something called 59483. Which if is changed, only reverts back.
    02-27-19 01:52 PM