Does anyone reckon we will get this in the future? Currently trialling the latest beta of BBM for iOS (complete with native iPad support) and it looks lovely with the whole iOS look and feel to it whereas the android version just looks like a blatant BB10 knock off...
    04-21-15 08:06 PM
    hope we do see it soon. i dont like the current look
    04-21-15 08:10 PM
    Was meaning to give BBM another chance but if they have not even bothered to add Material Design UI then there is no point, I will stick to WhatsApp, which continues to be not only be better supported and used worldwide, but stays current with Android UI updates and is far more efficient and user friendly.
    05-24-15 03:21 AM
    They are definitely behind on the UI of BBM on Android, I don't know what's taking so long

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 10:53 PM
    I don't know that it'll change any time soon. BBM didn't utilize the previous Android UI Guidelines that were in place prior to Material Design either. When BBM first released for Android, the UI design was questioned then as well, but it seems BB wants it to look as much like the BB UI as possible. But hey, :shrug: anything can happen.
    05-25-15 09:05 AM
    I don't know that it'll change any time soon. BBM didn't utilize the previous Android UI Guidelines that were in place prior to Material Design either. When BBM first released for Android, the UI design was questioned then as well, but it seems BB wants it to look as much like the BB UI as possible. But hey, :shrug: anything can happen.
    Well they did the same with iOS until they decided it should fit the platform design. Android is the last to get a UI redesign and should be out soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 09:55 AM
    As dave said, someone at BlackBerry said that they won't force people to look at the BlackBerry UI on BBM anymore and that they will follow the platform design, did on IOS and they should on Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 11:18 AM
    Well someone says that the icon posted by BBM today is a hint to Material design update for Android

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    05-29-15 12:25 PM
    06-01-15 05:13 PM
    I wish they had posted a video of it in action. It definitely looks much better, but I think some elements of Material Design weren't utilized that could have been.

For example... The Title Bar and the Tab Bar seem to share the same layer (since there's no 3D layering affect between the two). They could/should be separate layers, so that the Tab Bar scrolls up to be hidden by the Title Bar when the user scrolls up the conversations/chats list, and subsequently scrolls down to be visible when the conversation list is scrolled down or at the top. Either that, or the Tab Bar could have been left off completely, and instead the Tab Options expand from the floating button (which only appears to be a Compose/New-Chat option).

:shrug: Without any video examples, it's hard to tell though.

Material Design update?-9x16_android_bbm_chat_beta.jpg
    06-02-15 09:09 AM
    Finally. BBM for Android looked really out of place with the old UI. Especially the back button on the interface, when the OS back button was also there.
    06-02-15 12:55 PM
    I wish they had posted a video of it in action. It definitely looks much better, but I think some elements of Material Design weren't utilized that could have been.

For example... The Title Bar and the Tab Bar seem to share the same layer (since there's no 3D layering affect between the two). They could/should be separate layers, so that the Tab Bar scrolls up to be hidden by the Title Bar when the user scrolls up the conversations/chats list, and subsequently scrolls down to be visible when the conversation list is scrolled down or at the top. Either that, or the Tab Bar could have been left off completely, and instead the Tab Options expand from the floating button (which only appears to be a Compose/New-Chat option).

:shrug: Without any video examples, it's hard to tell though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9x16_android_bbm_chat_beta.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	355619
    Beta is underway and all of what you see is subject to change.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 02:48 PM
    Beta is underway and all of what you see is subject to change.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. I'm not in the beta, so maybe someone who is might see my feedback and forward it on.

Penned via Tapatalk
    06-02-15 02:53 PM